F&W fest.. Rain!

SouthernBelle21

Louisiana Girl who loves ALL things Disney!!
We are headed to tour the F&W fest tomorrow. Unfortunately the forecast is calling for an 80% chance of rain and tomorrow is our only day to tour. Does anyone know if all the booths stay open during rain or do they close them? We don't mind touring in our ponchos, I just don't want them to close! Thanks!

We are headed to tour the F&W fest tomorrow. Unfortunately the forecast is calling for an 80% chance of rain and tomorrow is our only day to tour. Does anyone know if all the booths stay open during rain or do they close them? We don't mind touring in our ponchos, I just don't want them to close! Thanks!
Just got here an hour ago. All the booths are closed due to lightening in the area. The workers stay in them, cleanup crews continue to clean around them, but they don't serve anything. Very irritating.
I understand if safety was an issue but since other non festival booths can be open I don't understand why festival booths are closed.

I understand if safety was an issue but since other non festival booths can be open I don't understand why festival booths are closed.

I always thought it was because the cash registers for the festival booths are outside and they have to be covered when it rains.

I always thought it was because the cash registers for the festival booths are outside and they have to be covered when it rains.
They are under umbrellas and have a cover. The CM's said rain is fine. Lightening is not. They just cancelled the concert too, 10 minutes ago. People were very upset. The line was huge and people were waiting for hours.

As long as there isn't lightening, the booths will be open. I toured during the pouring rain on the evening of 23rd and the booths were open.

I would suggest having an umbrella to protect your food when you try to eat it.

I only had my poncho and the food got pretty wet. I had to eat really, really fast so it would be warm. :rotfl2: I made it about halfway around that evening. Not bad for that horrible rainy evening.

They are under umbrellas and have a cover. The CM's said rain is fine. Lightening is not. They just cancelled the concert too, 10 minutes ago. People were very upset. The line was huge and people were waiting for hours.

Isn't it Hanson tonight? Oh, man! Those must be some very upset people.

I understand people are upset, but safety comes first. Is a concert and food worth getting struck by lightning? No. Should cast members have to risk their lives for you? No.

Disney is ALL about the money. They would do anything they could to stay open and make money!

I'm 100% with Disney on this one.

I'm thinking that under an umbrella isn't the safest place to be if there's lightning...

oh my goodness I never even thought about the booths closeing for lighting. RANT ALERT ":mic: If the employees are staying in them then thats just stupid the risk for getting hit by lighting is so small in this situation. people are still going to walk up to and stand by the building anyway. I get why the rides close but booths I just dont understand." F&W and mnsshp are why we are going to disney in october. :sad: I think I might have to rethink my plan so there is more flexablity to avoid thunderstorms days that is if there are any on my upcomeing trip :scratchin

Because they have cooking equipment in the booths. Kiosks serving drinks in general do not have that kind of stuff out in the open. CMs shouldn't be expected to be handling it in a lightning storm. Guests are cautioned to take shelter. It's their responsibility to actually do it, though.

I get why the rides close but booths I just dont understand

Can't see why the booths should stay open if there is lightning. Also goes for those who would say that the concert with all of its electrical equipment should still go on during a lightning storm.

I understand people are upset, but safety comes first. Is a concert and food worth getting struck by lightning? No. Should cast members have to risk their lives for you? No. Disney is ALL about the money. They would do anything they could to stay open and make money! I'm 100% with Disney on this one.
I somewhat agree with you. However, they were still there. And there were lots of cast members sweeping up, standing outside the booth talking to ones in the booth, and standing outside the concert area. They even told the people in line for the concert that they could stay there to wait for the next one, despite them closing everything and canceling the concert because it was "not safe".

What was aggravating to me was how it was "for safety" but everyone could stay where they were. If it was for safety, they should have evacuated the booths and suggested people get out of the open areas. I'm a Florida girl so I respect lightening and if it was a storm I would've taken cover. But again, it was just in the 'vicinity'. This is just my opinion though, not trying to start anything, just venting. Hopefully today will be better.

They were likely powering down the exposed electrical equipment. That's why they could not operate. Had nothing to do with whether the people were still in the area or not. And they will do so if lightning is reported within a certain area of the venue. The lightning does not have to be right on top of them or even visible.

@donnawine Does there seem to be a big turnout for F&W even with the horrible rain?
On Tuesday it rained pretty much on and off from when we arrived at noonish until we left at 6pm. There were some people but it wasn't crowded. When we were leaving at around 6 it seemed like more people were heading into the world showcase.
The light rain and drizzle was fine by me. Kept it cool versus hot and humid. Needed an umbrella to protect the beverage from the rain (the big drops would make the drink splash on your clothes). If it wasn't for that I would've been fine with just a raincoat. If we heard thunder we made sure to go get a snack and/or beverage in case booths got closed down - but they didn't. Never had to wait for more than 4 people in line. Had a very nice time Tuesday despite the rain - but it was not the deluge it was Sunday and Monday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter