F&W Fest on Weekends

UWGRAD

Earning My Ears
Don't believe the prior posts that say this is manageable on a weekend.

It's not...every food cart had at least a 15-30 minute wait on it.

Also, the partiers are definitely out by 11 a.m. We don't personally care because we don't hide our kids from the festival scenes. But if it bothers you to see a group of people wearing DRUNK AROUND THE WORLD or DRINK THE WORLD DRY and honestly trying to do it, then avoid. I actually told my wife we should get a sitter and come back to join those groups.

Edited to include...these lines were present at 11:30 a.m. this Saturday 10-20.

Mondays are actually pretty reasonable as a day to go. Epcot has been open later on Fridays and Saturdays, which tells you everything you need to know about how Disney perceives the crowd for this popular event.

We went last Saturday and there was a group of about 30 people with Togas...yeah and other groups with their "drink around the world" t-shirts, my son actually saw some guys puking in the restrooms, girls going into guys bathrooms because the lines were so long, general chaos, it was fun to witness and we're locals so we didn't have to do all the kiosks but I can imagine for people going for the forst times with small children,stroller,etc. it's pretty hectic

I'd second this, weekends during F&W are horrendously busy to the point that it is not practical to just pick up a few snacks or drinks at the kiosks. It is busy to the point of being uncomfortable. I waited over 20 minutes to just get a beer from Canada. We left soon after. I realise that there are a lot of people in the parks, but if I'm paying $12 for a beer, I expect to receive it pretty instantaneously. My tolerance for wait is directly correlated to the price of the beer, so 20 minute wait would normally mean about $3 ;)

We are here now, food and wine on the weekends is nuts, never again. The whole reason we travel to wdw in the fall is to beat some of the crowds. We travel every fall, next year we'll adjust so were not in epcot on the weekends

Just got back. Epcot and MK were both very busy. We park at MK, take the monorail to Epcot. Then back to MK for some rides. There were a number of loud obnoxious drunks at Epcot.

This is exactly what I want to know .
act.jpg

lk.jpg

Will be there this Friday!!!:yay:

Weekends are always the worst at F&W. You start seeing the crowds buidling around 3 and by 5 or 6 it is just packed. We have been lucky though. We have seen a few who have done the EPCOT shuffle (pickup one drink/beer and by the time you get to the next kiosak, it's time for another) but not really any sloppy drunks!

TOGAS!! OMG!

We were at Epcot almost everyday or night last week since we were at the Swan. The crowds were just crazy. We didnt get in any lines for the F&W as they snaked all over the place. I heard one guy in the Japan line tell someone he had been in line for 20 minutes. We used to love the F&W fest. But the sea of people and long waits for overpriced wine and food samples have convinced us to try and avoid it in the next few years. And this was the first year we saw a lot of drunk people. We couldn't afford to get drunk there!

However we did enjoy Boyz II Men and Smashmouth.

I was there all last week and quite frankly it did not matter if it was a weekday r weekend, the crowds back in the world showcase was crazy. Worse to me than on Christmas Day.

TwoCortWort said:
I was there all last week and quite frankly it did not matter if it was a weekday r weekend, the crowds back in the world showcase was crazy. Worse to me than on Christmas Day.

We were there on both Monday and Wednesday and while there were lots of people about we never waited more than 5 minutes for anything with the exception of fish & chips of all things. Lots of people on weekdays - yes. Long lines for festival booths - no!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter