• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

F&W Beer Limits

Whoa there big fella. You're making a whole lot of assumptions based on 0, thats zero, facts. First you're assuming that this rumour is true. Second you're assuming that there will be a price discrepancy between 2 6 oz pours and a 12 oz one.

I like the idea for a few reasons.

1. I don't like having to chug down a tall glass of brew between attractions. That just leads to feeling woozy and needing to pee right in the middle of American Adventure.

2. I don't like having to hang onto a big glass of warm brew because I'm trying to pace myself.

3. If I'm only drinking a smaller glass each time I can sample more types without getting royally hammered before I'm even half way round WS.

4. And if it cuts down on the number of drunks at night during F&W I'm all for it.

Ditto :thumbsup2

I am hoping this is Disney's way to cut back on the *Excessive* drinking that *some* have caused to become a bigger and bigger problem each year and chasing some guests away.

Last year the forums were filled with guests complaining about the drunks and poor behavior *SOME guests* were causing.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

AKK

What is a lot more likely to happen is the small beers "chuggable" to most and people will be taking them as shots...

Excessive drinking has nothing to do with drink size and more with the mindset of the person drinking.

Its like saying we won't pour mixed drinks into a tumbler only in 1-2oz sizes (I.E. shots)

I will be at F&W for several days and I like to sample a lot, if not most, of the beers while there. But once I find my favorite, I would like the opportunity to order a larger size. I don't think Disney should restrict that ability.

I'm in the same boat. We usually end up at F&W two or three times. The first trip is a lot of sampling the 6oz sizes from a bunch of the stands. The second trip I'll try a few more 6oz, but then have 1 or 2 that I know I really liked in a larger size. If we go a third time if there happens to be any I haven't tried yet, I get a 6oz sample. Otherwise I'll get a few 12oz beers.

There's no policy that will get rid of the obnoxious drunks. They will always find a way. So here's to hoping that this rumor does not become fact.

I am seriously considering video taping am evening at Epcot Somehow I am missing the hoards of drunks others see. Maybe watching the video will show me the drunks

Of course it may also show out of control kids without an excuse for their behavior.

What is a lot more likely to happen is the small beers "chuggable" to most and people will be taking them as shots...

Excessive drinking has nothing to do with drink size and more with the mindset of the person drinking.

Its like saying we won't pour mixed drinks into a tumbler only in 1-2oz sizes (I.E. shots)

I disagree..............make it harder to get the volume, and the amount a person drinks will go down if for no other reason then they won't want to stand in line after line, more often.

There are some folks that just need to drink more, so the above will not stop them.

The real point is that the problem with drunks at F and w especially Friday and Saturday nights has been becoming a bigger problem each year and I think this maybe one way Disney is looking to try and curb it.

AKK

I am seriously considering video taping am evening at Epcot Somehow I am missing the hoards of drunks others see. Maybe watching the video will show me the drunks

Of course it may also show out of control kids without an excuse for their behavior.

Frankly adult drunks and kids misbehaving are both a problem, you just expect the adults not to be a drunk, after all they are adults!

AKK

Isn't it sad that Epcot has descended to such a point that people would rather spend their hard earned park time (paid for by their admission fee) getting blind drunk as opposed to riding both the attractions.

I find it very interesting indeed that what was posted as a rumor is now being treated as already in place.
AND it's a dastardly plan by Disney.
Guys, chill out and :drinking1

Besides the other possible reasons that have been offered here, I wonder if there is also a legal angle. There's no 100% foolproof way to detect or prevent drunkenness. If heaven forbid someone (for example) caused a car wreck after drinking at F&W, that would be Disney's main defense and of course that should be good enough. But lawyers are slippery and juries can't be counted on to follow common sense. So I can imagine the lawyer for the plaintiff haranguing the witness for WDW management at the trial: "You mean, that over 10 years of increasing crowds and increasing sales of alcohol at F&W festival you never did a SINGLE thing to change your policies to try to limit drunkenness?"

Now, they have an answer ready: "Why yes, in fact we limited the size of beer pours to 6 oz. for just that reason."

It's dumb, it probably won't make any real difference in the number of drunks or the way they behave, but it covers off one item on a contingency checklist in case of lawsuits.

I'm amazed at the number of posts concerning drunks at F&W. We've been going to F&W for probably 10 years now. Each year we hit the festival for at least 4 days. In the more recent years we've been at least 10 days each. We've seen only a handful of "drunk" guests during all that time. IMHO, its really not an issue.

"All I had was beer, in teeny weeny glasses"

-Richie Cunningham

I'm amazed at the number of posts concerning drunks at F&W. We've been going to F&W for probably 10 years now. Each year we hit the festival for at least 4 days. In the more recent years we've been at least 10 days each. We've seen only a handful of "drunk" guests during all that time. IMHO, its really not an issue.

I agree. I've been going to the F&W for years with no issues concerning drunks. The only time I did run into an obvious drunk was in the UK and it was not during the F&W.

Last year on 2 different weekends we encountered some unpleasant drunk guests. We also have encountered it in the past as well. We just avoid Epcot on those days now.

I personally don't see how anyone can afford to get drunk at Epcot no matter what the beer size is. But that aside, someone like me can easily get tipsy on a few glasses of wine or a margarita. Are those downsized too?

I agree 100%. I believe some people have seen maybe one or two over intoxicated individuals and assumed every one was that drunk. A lot of folks also seem to think that anyone with a beer in their hand is drunk.

I agree. I've been going to the F&W for years with no issues concerning drunks. The only time I did run into an obvious drunk was in the UK and it was not during the F&W.

Yeah no concern over drunks here either- we'll be taking our 1.5 year olds for food and wine November 2015

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter