eyeglasses

flying_babyb

DIS Veteran
where was the site for cheap eyeglasses? I need to know to help my mom. It was like eye glasses for $10

Do you mean Zenni? I have not used them but other on here love it.

My husband just received his glasses from zenni optical and except for it taking a few days longer than they said, we are very pleased with the service. The price was a fraction of what we usually pay for glasses.

I just went to have my eye exam at Perle vision Center and with the progressive lenses and the protective coating the lenses were going to cost me $510. Tthat was just for the lenses, the cheapest frames I could find were $159.
I am on disability and can't afford that, that is about 1/2 of what I get every month and I still have a mortgage and utilities to pay.
I have had to get new glasses every year for the past 4 years since the chemo has done such weird things to my body. This prescription has a change of the progressive of -1.00, from -1.50 to -2.50.
I definately am going to order from Zenni this year.
Now for a question. How do you decide on the frame. I can't imagine buying a frame without trying it on. I tried a few frames at Perle but couldn't find anything similar at the Zenni site. Is there a store that has the frames that are similar to the ones on the site?

I'm curious about these online sites as well. How do you know you're getting the right size? How do you choose the frames? DH needs glasses and I would love to get them online and save some $$.

We just received the prescription sunglasses I ordered from Zenni for DS13. We went to the Zenni site and he looked at the frames. They give all of the measurements of the frames on the site, so I got a ruler and measured DS's current glasses to make sure the Zenni ones were close.

I called the optical place and got the measurements for "pupillary distance" so that would be accurate.

The glasses are fine. Not amazing, but fine. They fit OK. We did take them to Target Optical because they were a little crooked on his face - the man adjusted them for us at no charge. The ear piece things are longer than the ones on his regular glasses, but they fit well enough. The nose pieces might need to be switched out - the glasses sit a little further down his nose than his regular glasses, but he says they are fine. :rolleyes: He is TINY for a 13 year old, so even though we ordered kid's frames they are not a perfect fit.

ON THE OTHER HAND...
They were $18 total! The prescription seems to be fine, he can see when he wears them. I really only got them so he won't be squinting the whole time at WDW. It took almost 4 weeks to get them, so don't order from Zenni if you are in a hurry!!!

i love zenni. i ordered a pair of reading glasses from them for if i remember correctly 8.00 or so,i'm wearing them now. they came when they said they would,their light and comfortable and in my favorite color purple. when i need glasses again i'll order from them again.

I pay lots of $$ for glasses but would love to have some FUN ones. I have always wanted a red pair of frames but didnt want to spend the $ I am going to try just so I have some fun ones

Thanks for this thread! My DH went on Zenni last night & ordered 2 pair of glasses. The $$ saved almost justifies the amount of time I spend on the board :rotfl:

Hopefully he will be happy with them when they arrive.

To determine frame size: If you currently wear glasses, look at the arm, there is a series of numbers, these are the measurements, just find a frame with the same measurements or very close. If you try on glasses at a store, try to make a note of these numbers for the frames you like. The website explains everything, just check the different pages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter