Eye shadow/lid primer?

Pastamom

DIS Veteran
Hi

I currently use Bare Minerals Eyelid primer and really like it. The downside is that the tube is small and expensive since I seem to go through it pretty fast.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced eyelid primer?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I currently use Bare Minerals Eyelid primer and really like it. The downside is that the tube is small and expensive since I seem to go through it pretty fast.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced eyelid primer?

Thanks in advance!

Have you shopped for Bare Minerals on E-bay. My daughter and I both wear everything Bare Minerals but I learned a long time ago that I can get everything we use on E-bay for ALOT cheaper. I just ordered more foundation, mineral veil, and bisque for both of us and I spent only $30.00 with shipping and they were the extra large pots. It would have cost me at least $75.00 full price. Just be careful if you do shop on E-bay because there are a lot of off brands that claim to be Bare Minerals. I never buy unless they have an actual picture of the bottom of the pot so that I can see it is definitely Bare Minerals and not a generic.

I just did a quick search for you on E-bay and there are listings for the primer starting at as low as $6.99.

I love Mary Kay's eye primer. I forget what it costs, but it lasts me a long time.

I love MAC paintpots... they are cream shadows/bases, and they come in a few nude tones and a few colors. They are $16.50 a pop, but one will last me 15-18 months.

Another vote for Urban Decay. The stuff is amazing!

Although not an eye primer I use a good matte concealer on my lids and eyeshadow stays on all day. There was a large thread on makeup primers a few weeks ago on this board and many suggested trying Monastad Antichaffing powder/gel for a primer (has same ingredients as expensive primers) I bought some at target and love it! Really does work great for 5 bucks a tube really makes my bare minerals stick all day long.

Oh I am going to have to try urban decays stuff.

Right now I use and love

Smashbox lid primer. It is $20 but you use a tiny amount.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P232323&categoryId=B70

And am I the only one hording my sephora points? I want to stockpile them. But it looks like the urban decay stuff might be the $100 bonus? Anyone been in store to check that?

I use the Monistat on my face, but I just use a dab of my foundation on my eyelids. I've never had a problme w/ creasing or shadow coming off, and I ahve oily skin.

Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. It means my shadow stays put all day long.

I love MAC paintpots... they are cream shadows/bases, and they come in a few nude tones and a few colors. They are $16.50 a pop, but one will last me 15-18 months.

Another fan of the MAC paintpots. Mine has lasted just about 16 months!

The 100 point perk at Sephora is either a Benefit mini set or a Smashbox mini set. Or, those were the ones offered in the store as of last week. You can check online, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter