Eye liner???

busy mom

Mouseketeer
I have wasted more money than I care to say on eye liner. I'm looking for recommendations on an eye liner that won't fade, bleed, smudge, etc.

Does not have to be budget, just looking for something that will look good all day! I have always used a pencil, but would consider another type of product.

Thank you for any suggestions!!! :thumbsup2

I have wasted more money than I care to say on eye liner. I'm looking for recommendations on an eye liner that won't fade, bleed, smudge, etc.

Does not have to be budget, just looking for something that will look good all day! I have always used a pencil, but would consider another type of product.

I use Estée Lauder's lining pencil. It's point glides across the eyelid very smoothly and then I take a small applicator and soften the line with a touch of dark shadow. I've used greens, browns and purples to blur the line with good results and "stayability".

My go-to is NYX's retractable eyeliner. It's basically a drugstore version of Urban Decay's; I get mine at Ulta.

Clinique Quickliner is my favorite because I suck at putting on eyeliner and it's forgiving. I've used it for years. It appears that they have a new "intense" line that will give you a bolder look.

I really like Maybelline New York Define-a-Line. No smudging, running or any issues.

I have tried every pencil out there including urban decay, MUFE, etc. I have found to get smudge proof, I had to go liquid. The best one I have found is avon( mark) get in line liquid. Stays put all day, no smudges, but comes off with washing. It's waterproof to an extent, stays on if I splash my face with water, but will wipe off if wet if I touch it while it's wet.

I find that my smudges get fixed if I use an eyeshadow primer. Has nothing to do with the eyeliner. I use urban decay primer potion.

I used to use Clinique Quickliner (with click-up rather than sharpen), and I still do if it's Clinique bonus time and I need something else to add up to the gift amount, but I have found the Covergirl click-up to be just about the same thing. I personally can't tell a difference. It doesn't fade, but it does smudge if you rub your eyes directly.. But don't they all? The only eyeliner I've ever had that doesn't smudge is liquid eyeliner, but that peeled off after about 6 hours.

I second NYX. Great value with coupons. Also, Wet and Wild has gel eyeliner in these little pots with a small angle brush. That stuff stays on! My daughter uses it when she performs. You will need eye makeup remover to get it off. Don't leave the lid off or it will dry up.

I like mac's fluidline gel liner. Once that stuff is on, it is ON. Plus I feel I get a neater, smaller line with a brush. I get a little heavy handed with pencils.

You might want to look into gel/creme liners! My favorite is YSL in Sea Black. It's pricey (I usually try to buy my makeup during Sephora BI/VIB sales when they're 15-20% off), but the pot lasts forever. I also love Laura Mercier. If you're looking to spend a little less, MAC is a reasonable alternative, and I believe Maybelline has one as well. IME, though, MAC liners dry out way too soon, and the product is a little harder to work with (but likely due to its gel base; I prefer cream-based).

I'm pretty sure Revlon Colorstay and L'Oreal Infallible are the same product! I use them interchangeably. It does not creep into wrinkles or smudge or disappear. If I rim the inside of my eyes, it stays there for about 6-8 hrs. It's not waterproof but it does not come off or smudge when I swim. Super cheap; always a deal at Walgreens/CVS for Revlon/L'Oreal.

My favorites are Bobbi Brown gel liner, Lancome Artliner, and Makeup For Ever (the pencil). The Artliner is my go-to.

You can read reviews of everything on Makeupalley.com. :) HTH!

Eyeliner is my only makeup must-have!! I had always used Mary Kay eyeliner in charcoal until I tried Revlon Colorstay in black and found it to be the same at a fraction of the price. The Revlon Colorstay is actually a bit better in that it has a removable sharpener on the end. It's totally waterproof, and costs about $5 at Walmart. HTH!!

I use a dark brown loose powder (everyday minerals) and an angled brush. I put a bit of the powder in the lid, wet the brush and make a little pot of liquid color. It's easy to apply thin or thick that way and glides on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter