Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close

happygirl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen this movie yet? I just saw the previews for it tonight, It looks incredible

I love Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock but they do not make a good or believable couple to me. And I think too many shows and movies have been made about 9/11. This is just a different take on someone's life that was affected by a loved one dying that day.

I may see it when it comes out on DVD but I am definitely not going to go to the movies to see it.

Even the title to the movie sucks.

I love Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock but they do not make a good or believable couple to me. And I think too many shows and movies have been made about 9/11. This is just a different take on someone's life that was affected by a loved one dying that day.

I may see it when it comes out on DVD but I am definitely not going to go to the movies to see it.

Even the title to the movie sucks.

I like the title.

I want to see it ...but am nervous I will cry all the way through

I love that book! And I love the title, actually. It's supposed to be ironic, because it sums up many of the main problems of the book: that what matters most is actually silent and very far away.

However, I doubt I'll see the movie. The book is great because it delves into people's thoughts, and I doubt it will translate well into actions necessary to make a movie. Also, I definitely didn't picture the mom and dad to be anything like Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks at all, so I would probably find it weird.

I refuse to watch any movies about 9/11. Too upsetting. So no, I have no desire to see it.

I was in NYC on 9/11, and I am so not ready to watch that in a movie theater. I know it's been more than 10 years now, but what I've seen in the previews so far just looks hard to watch.

I'm not opposed to 9/11 movies (United 93 was incredible), but this looks like one I'll wait for the DVD for.

I lived it and lost many friends that day. I don't need to see a movie about those left behind, I see them daily in real life.:sad1: I know it's been over 10 years, but it's still like yesterday when it comes up.

I am very curious about what the key opened. Can someone PM me if they know?

Still can't believe this wound up getting a Best Picture nomination. :confused3

Still can't believe this wound up getting a Best Picture nomination. :confused3

As MichaelK called it - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Oscarbaity.

Looked awful and manipulative and sappy and I agree about Bullock/Hanks.

Haven't seen it, I don't even know anyone who's seen it, the local theatre it's in had a bunch of showings the first week or so it was open but it's got like four or whatever a day now.

I know a few people who have seen it, and there seems to be no middle ground: it's either emotionally breathtaking, or manipulative dreck.

Stephen Daldry is a terrific director, Billy Elliot is one of my favorite movies, but this one is just too close to home for me.

I think it was a clip I saw where Sandra Bullock and the kid are putting a missing person poster up. I still remember the real missing person posters in NYC after 9/11, so I just could get emotionally connected to seeing a poster of Tom Hanks up there in a movie clip. Just doesn't work for me.

We went to see it last week. I thought it was very good. Thomas Horn was incredible, considering he has never acted before and was in every scene. 9/11 hit very close to home for me too, but I still wanted to see the movie. Emotionally, it was very wrenching at times.

I'm sure I will, if I see it. So it will be watched alone and at home, just like I watched Schindler's List.

My parents saw this a couple of days ago. My father commented, "After it was over, I thought about cheering myself up with a nice holocaust movie."

They were with a friend who had also encouraged them to see Warhorse. Next on the agenda is something funny and the friend doesn't get to pick movies anymore. ;)

The movie was different than I expected. If dh hadn't wanted to see it I would not have chosen it. But I liked it. I didn't cry (it was close, lol) and I usually bawl at everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter