Extreme Makeover:Home Edition

Do you watch Extreme Makeovers:Home Edition?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.

VolleyballQt07

<font color=darkorchid>~*D.M.L. forever in our hea
what are your thoughts on this show?

i like it and all dont get me wrong but the way they pick the families, i dont like. like a couple weeks ago, they re-did a family's home and the family was going through "tough times" because the dad was arrested or something and he was in jail or whatever and they thought they deserved a new house. i think that was wrong! just because he did something bad and was sent to jail, doesnt mean you should get a new house. like they wanted a new start and all but what was a house going to do?

also with the families with a member that has cancer. i care deeply for people who have cancer because its rough but think about it. there are millions of families with a member who has cancer! and yet one family gets a new house? what about the others? what do they get?

*now, this thread is NOT for flaming people's opinions. just be friendly and if you dont agree with someone, dont post*​

I watch it every week. Its one of three shows I actually tune into.

Now, the crew aren't super people. Although they help families that seem needy or deserving, they can't help everyone. It's impossible. You or I have no idea how each family is chosen every week, unless you actually are a part of the selection process. How do you know if other families are submitting requests? How do you know if a terminally ill person does not want help? What if there are other people who aren't from EM:HE that are already helping them?

I watch it every week. Its one of three shows I actually tune into.

Now, the crew aren't super people. Although they help families that seem needy or deserving, they can't help everyone. It's impossible. You or I have no idea how each family is chosen every week, unless you actually are a part of the selection process. How do you know if other families are submitting requests? How do you know if a terminally ill person does not want help? What if there are other people who aren't from EM:HE that are already helping them?

well yeah but what about the others who arent getting help? a couple months ago, a family's house was destroyed by a fire while they were gone. thats sad dont get me wrong but what about the other millions of people who have lost their houses' in fires? what do they get? and sure the red cross may give them food and clothing but EM:HE gives the family a new house. you just have to wonder why they pick the families they do. whats so special about them? what, they sent in an appplication? big whoop!:confused3 :guilty: :sad2:

I watch it basically every week. It normally is my cry for the week, too. lol
I have no idea how they pick the families, but no matter what, each family who gets one does deserve it.

Did anyone watch last night's 2 hour episode? It was about a guy who on 9/11 went down to Ground Zero rescued two NYPDs that were trapped beneath 4 stories of rubble. It was soooo sad.

I have no idea how they pick the families, but no matter what, each family who gets one does deserve it.

Did anyone watch last night's 2 hour episode? It was about a guy who on 9/11 went down to Ground Zero rescued two NYPDs that were trapped beneath 4 stories of rubble. It was soooo sad.

Yes, I did! I started cryed! I cried too when Ed was in the hospital! That was sad. :sad1:

I think the family deserved it! After all, he IS an American hero! Their house was beautiful! I respect that guy because he risked his life trying to save someone and he was successful! :goodvibes

How did you react when Ed hurt himself? That scared me! :scared1:

*But wait, there were hundreds of heros in 9/11. Do they get a brand new house too?:confused:

omg i love this show!!! There were many heros form 9/11
that families house looked fine, did u c the neighborhood they lived in??
When Ed got hurt i felt very bad for him.:guilty:

Many of the families that get new houses because their children have cancer, don't have good houses. They would NOT build a new house for family whose house is fine the way it is. These kids are ill, and the mould, and the living conditions aren't good for them. The air in those houses can lead to death, or worsen their conditions. There was one family whose dad died because he was allergic to the mould in the house, and they couldn't live in the house anymore, it was so sad.

The only thing I disliked about last nights show was someone said 'Our country helped each other that day.' I think the entire day hurt EVERYONE, all over the world, and it's not just the US that came together to fix things. Many other countries were making shelter for travellers who had no where to go, many countries helped out. When one country is affected, the world needs to follow behind, and in this event, much of the world was there.

I meant to watch it last night and totally forgot! Now I'm mad that I missed it! Anyways, I don't watch it on a regular basis, but when I do watch it, I am usually on the verge of tears. Every family who gets picked for the show deserves what they got.

I don't really like it. I mean, do the people who get the houses done, have the money to support themselves, in the new house?

I just saw the one about the man who was remodeling his home, and was then killed by mold. It was so sad! I really like the show, and it shows because it's essentially the same thing over and over, yet I still watch it. I think that if you send in an application, and are deserving, why should they not pick you. Just because there are people in the same situation does not mean that you shouldn't be rewarded. It's luck of the draw almost.

I haven't watched it in a long time, but when I do watch it, half the time I sit in front of the TV wondering how the hell these families are going to pay for it all...

The one I distinctly remember was a family who had their house redone because they had taken in a lot of foster children (I think they had 9 teenagers in the house: foster and biological). So the team went in, rebuilt their house and on top of it got each of the parents and teenagers that were driving age a brand new car. This family was already having money problems to begin with and now their taxes are going to go up and their monthly bills are going to go up plus other expenses. Also they now have to pay insurance on 9 new cars (that's if they kept all the cars) and insurance on teenagers is big bucks (thousands of dollars in a shot).

Sure it's nice to have this done and be repaid for your good work, but I'll bet most of these families are back in the same position they started within a year..

Just my opinion..

I thought last night's episode was ridiculous. Not saying the guy wasn't a hero or anything. They just made everything so much more dramatic than it should be. On last night's episode like...every 5 minutes someone was crying.

I have heard that Ty doesn't do much.

I haven't watched it in a long time, but when I do watch it, half the time I sit in front of the TV wondering how the hell these families are going to pay for it all...

The one I distinctly remember was a family who had their house redone because they had taken in a lot of foster children (I think they had 9 teenagers in the house: foster and biological). So the team went in, rebuilt their house and on top of it got each of the parents and teenagers that were driving age a brand new car. This family was already having money problems to begin with and now their taxes are going to go up and their monthly bills are going to go up plus other expenses. Also they now have to pay insurance on 9 new cars (that's if they kept all the cars) and insurance on teenagers is big bucks (thousands of dollars in a shot).

Sure it's nice to have this done and be repaid for your good work, but I'll bet most of these families are back in the same position they started within a year..

Just my opinion..

OH! ITA! ::yes::

also with the families with a member that has cancer. i care deeply for people who have cancer because its rough but think about it. there are millions of families with a member who has cancer! and yet one family gets a new house? what about the others? what do they get?

I guess my opinion is that just because you can't help everyone doesn't mean you can't help someone. Yeah, there are other people who need help, or are maybe even more deserving, but if someone decided they weren't going to help anyone because they couldn't help everyone nothing would ever get done.

I do wonder how the people afford the new homes they are built. I wish they would do episodes that check up on the families they've already helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter