Extreme Couponing --- AGAIN!

Lehuaane

Yes!! I remember the one guy who had a stockpile but most of his items were being donated to the troops overseas and to a local food bank/church.

There was also the woman (who made me cry!) who had a very hard time at one point in her life and couldn't even feed her kids. She had a MAJOR stockpile but it was open to anyone. She even gave the people at the church the code to the lock to be able to get in. She said everyone can take what they NEED but just don't leave a mess.

There was also the young couple who did their extreme shopping trip and everything was being donated to charity (meats, cereals, drinks, soups, HBA items, etc)

So, I guess there is some good in it and I also wish they would show more of that rather than the ones who feel the absolute need to have 115 boxes of cereal on hand "just in case".

I just noticed a coupon in a magazine for those Belvita breakfast bars/cookies. It says right on it "DO NOT DOUBLE." It's in the April issue and it expires in August. I guess companies are taking away some of the "extreme" options. Coupons used to be good for at least 6 months from what I remember.

I just noticed a coupon in a magazine for those Belvita breakfast bars/cookies. It says right on it "DO NOT DOUBLE." It's in the April issue and it expires in August. I guess companies are taking away some of the "extreme" options. Coupons used to be good for at least 6 months from what I remember.

I don't get why companies are doing that. They're only biting themselves in the rearend. When the store doubles a coupon, the store eats the other amount, not the manufacturer.

I've also noticed many coupons where it used to be 50 cents or $1 off ONE item are now 50 cents or $1 off TWO items.

Don't the manufacturers realize people are more likely to purchase their product if there is a decent coupon for it?!? For example, if I have a 75 cents off coupon for Cream of Wheat ($4.99/box) that will double to $1.50, I will buy that Cream of Wheat because my daughter loves it. If the manufacturer wants to be a creep and put "DO NOT DOUBLE" on the coupon, I will simply move over on the shelf and buy the store brand "Creamy Wheat" for $2.99. It may not be "as good" as Cream of Wheat but it will cost me less. If they doubled the coupon, I would spend the extra 50 cents to buy the name brand.

That is what happened in our area years ago when they started the coupon crackdown. we read in the paper that the stores were behind it. I just now have started couponing seriously again. I have been matching sales with coupons and have done ok. I just have gone in with the attitude that I want to save money on things that we will use or that we can donate to the hound rescue that we got our furbaby from.

Did you see the one with the twin sisters?? One was "stockpiling" diapers and baby wipes. She had NO children but since she "might" have children one day, she wanted to stock up. C*R*A*Z*Y!!!!! Sad that she was too selfish to donate those items to a women's shelter or a church or a home for teen moms.

Ugh. Yes, I've seen both episodes. The maxi pads?? Really?!? You're a boy, you don't need them at all.

And the girl stocking up on diapers was a nutter. She was just crazy. It made no sense to me. We had maybe one or 2 boxes of diapers before each kid was born, but at least I was pregnant. Maybe she did donate it....but I'm sure they're al dry rotted by now anyway.

You should check out

www.weusecoupons.com

Nathan who rans that board was the first guy on that shows and he talks about how different his show was then when he typed it.

You can get a lot of free coupons. I have 4 pages of FREE coupons just from sitting down and emailing the companies to get get free coupons.

check out the board you would enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter