• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extras

RGLakatos

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if any if the TA's provide "extra" surprises in your stateroom...i.e. gifts. We are cruising for the first time in July and as first time DCL cruisers too....thought it would be cool to find a surprise in our stateroom upon arrival!!! LOL

Does anyone know if any if the TA's provide "extra" surprises in your stateroom...i.e. gifts. We are cruising for the first time in July and as first time DCL cruisers too....thought it would be cool to find a surprise in our stateroom upon arrival!!! LOL

Yes some do. My TA does.

When posting the name of a TA please use the full url of their website to make sure the agency's website passes thru the DISboard filters. If the website of an agency comes us as ***************** then the agency is not allowed to be named on DIS and the post will be deleted and an infraction will be given.

Thanks!

We use www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and we got a great gift basket on our last cruise! They also give great OBC.

We have used Small World for a previous WDW stay (actually our wedding/honeymoon trip) and I've also recommended them to friends.

I'm not sure if Small World does offer any surprise gifts though. Hopefully DU will continue to do so!

:)

My brother used AAA last year for his DCL cruise and was both surprised and pleased to find a nice fruit basket waiting in their cabin.

I had used Small World Vacations for 3 cruises (2008, 2009, 2011). The first two cruises we were sent a gift. The last cruise we received nothing past the OBC. I had emailed the TA after returning home to ask if something was sent because if they did, we did not receive it. She told me their new policy was only cruises that were re-booked onboard were sent something. The cruise we received nothing was a cruise that there were 19 of us traveling together and I brought them 6 cabins in addition to my two. I was disappointed to not even receive a thank you, written or a token gift for the extra business my reservation gave them. I rebooked with another agency for our current reservation. Maybe you will have some pixie dust and will find something in your cabin.

Regardless of a surprise gift or not, you will have a great vacation.

Thanks for the info.

I hope there is a little something in our room as the TA knows this is our first cruise and our first DCL cruise too!!! This is also the first time I am using them as well. So far the communication has been great and has been able to answer all our questions although I am still waiting for an email reply from a few days ago.

I hope she answers soon....

Thanks for the info.....

RGL

SWV was prompt with returning emails and even let me know in advance if my agent would be away and who was covering for her. I'd follow up with them if you haven't heard back in a few days (although with the 2014 rates just released they could just be seriously backlogged).

They said I would receive information about my cruise in about 2 weeks....it's now into the third week so I emailed them about it. Maybe if I don't hear anything from them today I'll call on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter