• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra Magic Hours Wristbands

Goofy45

WDW Freak
Does anyone know if Disney will bring back the Extra Magic Hours wristbands? I know they took them away to cut down on the pollution and stuff like that, but taking your room key out in the dark every time you go on a ride is a pain. What do you think they should do if they don't bring the bands back? I was thinking stamps on your hand would be a good idea. I don't know though.

I hope they don't bring them back - it was a pain to have to go back and get them. My advice, buy a lanyard that you can put your room key in... one of those that you wear around your neck! that way you don't have to put it in your pocket. :wizard:

Does anyone know if Disney will bring back the Extra Magic Hours wristbands? I know they took them away to cut down on the pollution and stuff like that, but taking your room key out in the dark every time you go on a ride is a pain. What do you think they should do if they don't bring the bands back? I was thinking stamps on your hand would be a good idea. I don't know though.

We've also used a badge holder from office supply store/Walmart, etc. That has a retractable cord attached to it and clips to waist, kids played with them in line -
a two-fer!!)

I believe you can get them at the pin trading places too. So what if you don't put pins on them. Wearing your card in the lanyard is more visible for Cast Members and can move you along quickly. They also make it easier when entering the park too - I hate waiting in line behind people that take FOREVER to dig all their passes out - I'm always stuck behind that family in line at Epcot!! :sad2:

and if your plastic ticket holder breaks like mine did they will replace it..

I would love to see the wrist bands back. We didn't need them years ago. But, I think it would be better. I have a laynard but it does not close & I'm afraid loosing my card. I have to look for one with a zipper I heard Walmart has them will stop before we leave.

1) I doubt they will ever come back.
2) Removal of the bands was a good cost savings.
. . . no more bands to buy
. . . no more CM's payroll to issue bands
. . . CM's at rides to check bands are there anyway
3) This is a win-win for WDW.
4) And, it is only a minor inconvenience to guests to drag out the key.

I would love to see the wrist bands back. We didn't need them years ago. But, I think it would be better. I have a laynard but it does not close & I'm afraid loosing my card. I have to look for one with a zipper I heard Walmart has them will stop before we leave.

I thought I saw people have them at the park that had zippers on them. I think I saw them by the trading pins when I was looking at the stores. I got one only at amazon.com.........http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BJ7WHE/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

it worked out pretty good for me - only thing was it could have been a little bigger so i could have been able to put the cash in there better......they have different sizes online though.

1) I doubt they will ever come back.
2) Removal of the bands was a good cost savings.
. . . no more bands to buy
. . . no more CM's payroll to issue bands
. . . CM's at rides to check bands are there anyway
3) This is a win-win for WDW.
4) And, it is only a minor inconvenience to guests to drag out the key.

Win-win means both sides win. If it's an inconvenience to guests, even a minor one, that's not a win-win.

But at least you didn't buy into the anti-pollution mumbo jumbo.

How minor an inconvenience it is seems to be a point of contention.

Win-win means both sides win. If it's an inconvenience to guests, even a minor one, that's not a win-win.
I think he was referring to the fact that Disney won in two ways, saving both time and money. Not that it was a win for guests.

Small observation and "thought" on this.

While we were there last week we noticed the EMH had larger crowds with many more people in the stores and few "dining" locations that were open. Then we overheard someone at almost 12pm (meaning they had been there almost 2 hrs longer) say - "We need to figure out how to ride the rides late at night next time".

So - we decided that the "Win-Win-Win" for Disney on this is A) No pollution, B) No buying wristbands and C) They don't/won't kick out people willing to PAY for food and souvenirs even if they aren't on-property guests

The old method was to flush the park (mostly) of non-wristbands... but what good was that? They were kicking out people willing to pay money for food and gifts...

Just a thought...:confused3

But isn't WDW paying more Cast Members to stand at all the attractions and checking everyones KTTW cards, so I don't see how that is saving them money in that area.

We were just there and they didn't even have castmembers standing around fastpass machines we used. We were basically on our own. We did take time to show newbees what was going on.

We were just there and they didn't even have castmembers standing around fastpass machines we used. We were basically on our own. We did take time to show newbees what was going on.
I thought the Cast Members stand at the entrances to each of the attractions and not at the Fastpass machines? Also what about the attractions open during Extra Magic Hour where they don't have Fastpass machines?

I was there last week as well. We had our KTTW checked at all the rides that we hit during the magic hours. So not sure - maybe it just depended on the weather, or park or ride....not sure.

I thought the Cast Members stand at the entrances to each of the attractions and not at the Fastpass machines? Also what about the attractions open during Extra Magic Hour where they don't have Fastpass machines?

In past trips we found there were castmembers around the Fast Pass machines......to tell the newbees how to stick in their tickets, solve problems, answer questions.

We especially noticed them around Sorin for some reason.

Not this time.

In past trips we found there were castmembers around the Fast Pass machines......to tell the newbees how to stick in their tickets, solve problems, answer questions.

We especially noticed them around Sorin for some reason.

Not this time.
Well correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't they be standing by the ride entrances checking for KTTW cards, because what would be the point of having them do this? Also where would the Cast Members stand at the attractions without Fast Passes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter