• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra day due to flight cancellation

becstr

Mouseketeer
Our return flight has been cancelled so we will be delaying our return home for a whole 24 hours which gives us a extra day with nothing to do! We will be at DLR Nov 10 to 15 (with the 9th and 16th as travel days) with 5 day hoppers. Which day should we take as our non-park day? Was thinking maybe the Thursday to give us a break. Any suggestions on what to do? I don't think we want to visit any other theme parks. It will be myself, DH, DD10 and DS 7 staying at the Hojo.

Add a day to your hopper- going from 5 to 6 days Should be minimal- then you'd have the option to come and go for a ride, show, shopping or meal. Enjoy the extra day!

Add a day to your hopper- going from 5 to 6 days Should be minimal- then you'd have the option to come and go for a ride, show, shopping or meal. Enjoy the extra day!

A sixth day is no longer an option for PH.

If you have a car, then the possibilities are much wider. There is a science museum nearby, a presidential museum, the beach, or just swim, relax and maybe have a fancy meal. I personally like to take a break and not go every day, back-to-back. Thursday is a good choice.

Yes... you will not be able to upgrade to 6 days.
I would just plan to relax and use the pool (weather permitting). You can take the time to go to DTD...maybe take in a movie, etc.

Yes, we will have a car. I am thinking maybe a few hours at a beach would've a good idea. My kids have not had much exposure to the ocean living in land locked Alberta!

It might be a bit chilly at the beach in mid November. I'd have a backup plan just in case. It could be a high of 85 or a high of 60 at the beach. You just won't know until closer to your trip.

The Discovery Science Center is less than 10 miles away. That would be a fun place for your kids at that age. Or you could do Knott's Berry Farm. It's also about 10 miles away. More thrill rides than Disney offers just not as nice in my opinion. Or you could just relax or do some shopping!

Even if its chilly, a walk on the beach nice!

I would take either Wednesday or Thursday as a day off.
Have a late character breakfast at one of the DLR hotels and then drive to the beach for the afternoon (Huntington, Newport?)
Go for a walk, breathe some salt air and then head back around 2ish so you don't have to deal with traffic and ruin your relaxed feeling!
Then chill out at HoJo and head out to dinner. Maybe walk over to DTD and poke around in the evening.

what luck an extra day of vacation!

This past January, our last day was not a park day and it was the best thing for us. We had a nice breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen and went shopping in DTD for awhile. My daughter had her list of things that she wanted to purchase and so we did her purchasing then and had it shipped home. I decided then that the last day being a non park day really worked best for us.

The space shuttle IS at the science center and IS awesome. The Pompeii exhibit is coming there too soon. Highlight of our Legoland->beach->Disneyland trip last year was the impromptu stop to see the shuttle!

Discovery Science Center is in Santa Ana. Endeavour is at CA Science Center about 30 miles away in Exposition Park. There is a USC game at the Coliseum on 11/13, so avoid that day.

The laBrea tar pits are great too. Also the queen Mary and submarine in king beach. We always take one day to do non theme park stuff.

Definitely do the beach. Going from Alberta to California in November will be like stepping back into summer for you:beach:

Our return flight has been cancelled so we will be delaying our return home for a whole 24 hours which gives us a extra day with nothing to do! We will be at DLR Nov 10 to 15 (with the 9th and 16th as travel days) with 5 day hoppers. Which day should we take as our non-park day? Was thinking maybe the Thursday to give us a break. Any suggestions on what to do? I don't think we want to visit any other theme parks. It will be myself, DH, DD10 and DS 7 staying at the Hojo.

How about a day trip on the Catalina Express to Catalina Island? Rent a golf cart to explore the island. Check out Descanso Beach if the kids want to dip their toes in the water and there's several places to grab a bite to eat. Also a Wrigley Botanical Garden......you may want to check the November weather though.

Last time we were on the ferry over, in late September, the captain killed the engines because we were surrounded by hundreds of porpoises who decided to line up and take off in a straight line jumping thru the waves. It was quite a sight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter