Extra Costs at SW

crbalb

Mouseketeer
Our family has never been to Sea World before. A friend told us that all major rides and attractions cost additional $$ (after you purchase tickets for park entrance) Is this true and if so can anyone let us know the details?

Our family has never been to Sea World before. A friend told us that all major rides and attractions cost additional $$ (after you purchase tickets for park entrance) Is this true and if so can anyone let us know the details?

I dont think so, we didn't have to pay extra for any of the attractions we did at the park.:confused3
only if you want to do the "special" things, like dine with shamu, or the predator tour or any other special tour, that would cost extra, but kraken, and all the other attractions and shows do not have any additional charge.
hope this helped you any.:goodvibes

No, rides are included with your admission the only extras you have to pay for are food, drink, if you wish to feed dolphins and then there are special experiences you can do in the park that cost extra. But these are all optional you could walk around all day see everything and not spend a cent

feeding the dolphins,stingrays,seals, and sea lions are extra. so is the sky ride, unless you have a SW passport.

The rock climb wall & bungie cord jumping thing costs extra as well as the paddle boats.

Thanks for the info. This helps a lot for the planning of our Summer vacation!

Bring lots of cash. It costs like $4 for 4 fish to feed a dolphin, and the fish go fast. Most people buy 3-4 cups. The sky tower is extra, that's probably the ride your friend was talking about. Food and drink is the other thing you'll spend money on.

Bring lots of cash. It costs like $4 for 4 fish to feed a dolphin, and the fish go fast. Most people buy 3-4 cups. The sky tower is extra, that's probably the ride your friend was talking about. Food and drink is the other thing you'll spend money on.

Thank you for the info- I will be taking my 7 yr. old son for the first time this May-

For feeding the dolphins- Do they have certain times this is available and if they do where is it posted?

Amity 3 mentioned that you can feed the stingrays,seals, and sea lions as well...where can this be done????:confused3

Can you tell is been a loonnnnggg time since I have visited SeaWorld?? :D

TIA! :goodvibes

The stingrays and dolphins are in the Keywest area. It's to the left as you walk in. The sea lions are in the back behind the Clyde and Seamore show. You'll have no problem finding everything.

Feeding times are on going through out the day. It's best to feed the rays in the morning, because they get full and then don't eat anymore. For the dolphins, a window opens with the food, they sell it, people feed the dolphins, then the window closes for about 30 minutes. The feeding times are posted on a clock next to the window.

The Sea Lions are really funny to feed. They bark like dogs begging for food. Some put their flippers up and wave. The kid will have a blast, just expect that you'll spend about $36 in fish food (3 cups times 3 attractions), or you can watch others. You can get some really good pictures, just be careful around the dolphins, they splash and it's not good for a camera. Pros take pictures at the dolphin encounter, and sell them. Many line up to buy the photos. Like I said, bring lots of cash.

Be cautious if feeding the sea lions and seals at Pacific Point Preserve, it's a huge area and there's a decent amount of fish stealing storks, egrets,and herons who hang out there, and would love nothing more than to have a quick free fish dinner at your expense. They're very sneaky and cunning, and have no problem intercepting fish that have been thrown or dropped to the seals and sea lions. I've even seen them actually be bold enough to take fish from and unsuspecting person's tray of fish.

The stingrays and dolphins are in the Keywest area. It's to the left as you walk in. The sea lions are in the back behind the Clyde and Seamore show. You'll have no problem finding everything.

Feeding times are on going through out the day. It's best to feed the rays in the morning, because they get full and then don't eat anymore. For the dolphins, a window opens with the food, they sell it, people feed the dolphins, then the window closes for about 30 minutes. The feeding times are posted on a clock next to the window.

The Sea Lions are really funny to feed. They bark like dogs begging for food. Some put their flippers up and wave. The kid will have a blast, just expect that you'll spend about $36 in fish food (3 cups times 3 attractions), or you can watch others. You can get some really good pictures, just be careful around the dolphins, they splash and it's not good for a camera. Pros take pictures at the dolphin encounter, and sell them. Many line up to buy the photos. Like I said, bring lots of cash.

GREAT info! Thank you so much! The Sea Lions are going to have to be a 'definate" must do! This will definatley be a highlight for ds (ok...me too!) :goodvibes

We will keep an eye out for the fish-snatchers Delphis- Thank you for the heads up- :)

Someone from the disboards was nice enough to send me a park map. Here is the info. that it has on it about extra fees:

Xtreme Zone: Trampoline $7, rock climbing $7 or $10 for both

Sky Tower $3 - reservations recommended

Paddle Boats - $6 per 30 minutes - reservations available

There is also the pearl diving, but they don't have any fees listed by it...?

Betty

Can someone please tell me what the pearl diving includes, and price etc.
Thank you

HAhhahhaa I have 2 go back this september cuz me and my lill girl could`t find ..run out of time...the sealions & polarbears..and we went every day, we bought a passport...:cheer2: .. achhh well this time we ll do it better and need 2 run a lill harder 2 see all of the park.....:woohoo: You ll enjoy it 2 have fun ..:cheer2:

Pearl diving is a unique way for you to get a pearl from a oyster. It's been a couple of years since we did it, but at that time it was somewhere around $20 to pick an oyster.

There are divers in a tank that will dive down and pick up several oysters off the bottom. You then get to choose one of these oysters, and before they open it, they have you do a special chant for luck. Some pearls are worth quite a bit more than what you paid. You can then pay extra to pick a setting for your new pearl. I did this for my DD birthday and she really loved it.

Even if you don't pay to pick and oyster it is fun to watch the divers. There is a big glass window were you can watch the divers up close and get pictures with them.

The line for Dolphin feeding can be very long. The dolphin area is generally really packed and it is difficult to get close enough to touch them without food. You can usually feed the stingrays and seals with no wait, and you can usually touch a stingray without food.

At the Sea Lion feeding, it's $4 for one tray but then you can get 4 trays for $10, which is definately the better deal. I'm not sure if the dolphin and stingray feeding works the same..if it does, I don't remember seeing a sign for it. But the sea lions were much more entertaining!

The line for Dolphin feeding can be very long. The dolphin area is generally really packed and it is difficult to get close enough to touch them without food. You can usually feed the stingrays and seals with no wait, and you can usually touch a stingray without food.

The changed the way the Dolphin feedings take place now. They roped off a pretty large section and you have to buy food to get up close during feeding time. It's not as crowded. Atleast this is how it was the last time I went a few weeks ago.

Correct, the feeding area for the dolphins is roped off now from the food stand all the way to the other side. If you don't have food, then forget it, you won't get to touch a dolphin. You'll end up walking to the underwater viewing area, which is nice.

Basically, the crowds looking to get free touches became too large. Plus they make a ton of money taking pictures and selling them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter