Extra battery packs for Iphone

maddiebee

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping to get an extra battery set up for my iPhone for when we go in August, as I plan to make it my main camera. I've found a lot of different options online and I'm wondering if its really worth it to spend more money on one or if the cheaper ones still stand up pretty well? I won't need it out side of the trip, so I'm not looking for something that's going to last me forever.
Anyone have experience with these and/or recommend any wallet friendly ones?

We have 2 kinds. One takes AA batteries, so it's there's always a way to use it. But it charges very slowly. The other has a Lithium rechargeable (via USB) that works quickly but it needs a daily fill up. I take one of each. But our Galaxy S3 phones last pretty much all day on a single charge.

If you're going to get an external battery, I recommed the following brands:

1. NewTrent
2. Anker
3. RAVPower

Anything above 5400mAh capacity will keep you powered up all day long. If you have more than one device, get one with multiple USB outlets. I own 4 NewTrent external batteries and couldn't be more pleased with them.

If you're going to get an external battery, I recommed the following brands:

1. NewTrent
2. Anker
3. RAVPower

Anything above 5400mAh capacity will keep you powered up all day long. If you have more than one device, get one with multiple USB outlets. I own 4 NewTrent external batteries and couldn't be more pleased with them.

I was deciding between a New Trent and an Anker before our last trip. I went with the Anker an was very happy with it. I got the Astro 3e, which gave us 4-5 full charges on an iPhone 4 from a single charge of the battery. I paid $40 on Amazon. Based on the reviews I've seen you really can't go wrong with the three brands you listed.

I have a RavPower. I can usually get 2 full charges out of my iphone with it. I love it and it will be going to Disney with me in Oct. My husband has one too and has recommended them to a few friends.

I'm hoping to get an extra battery set up for my iPhone...
Keep in mind that you can not replace the battery in an Apple phone, only charge it up.

When I go to the parks, I take a spare battery with me (Android user here). When my daughter came with me in April (Apple phone user), we brought this to recharge hers. I do prefer the much easier popping a spare in, but if you have to charge on the go, that unit seemed fine.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-iCa...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374697092&sr=1-1

Keep in mind that you can not replace the battery in an Apple phone, only charge it up.

When I go to the parks, I take a spare battery with me (Android user here). When my daughter came with me in April (Apple phone user), we brought this to recharge hers. I do prefer the much easier popping a spare in, but if you have to charge on the go, that unit seemed fine.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-iCarrier-IMP120D-Incredible/dp/B003ZBZ64Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374697092&sr=1-1

Yeah I realize that. I'm hoping to get something that's a case and holds an extra charge/battery that is connected to my phone, like the morphie. I just don't know if I'm willing to drop 60$ for something I won't need otherwise.

If you don't care about brand name, here's a good price on a high-capacity one:

It looks like a complete knock-off of some of the name brands, but the internal cells may not be as high quality and so may not have the same lifespan of the better brands, but if you truly don't care about it after this trip, it would probably work for you.

I have this one and it is GREAT!!!! It's a lifesaver...

We used this New Trent charger with great success our last trip. vhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003690Q42/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i use an anker battery pack, it does the job and charges the phone, you just need to keep a cable with you too if you have an iphone. i dont really like the mophie packs they make the phone too heavy and you dont really need that much battery for normal daily use just situations where you will be using your phone a lot like traveling and going to disney. not to mention the mophie pack will only charge your phone while anker or something else you can use to charge anything

Samsungs allow battery replacement and Amazon sells some that have better battery life than the ones that come with the phone!! :thumbsup2

We used this New Trent charger with great success our last trip. vhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003690Q42/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For these chargers that aren't cases, do you like rubber band them to your phone while it charges? How long do they usually take to charge your phone?

For these chargers that aren't cases, do you like rubber band them to your phone while it charges? How long do they usually take to charge your phone?

When we needed to charge (and I also use this for all day long softball tournaments - so it gets lots of use), I just hooked it up and threw it in my bag. I put it in the side mesh pocket so it could 'breathe'.

This one will charge my iPhone from 25% to 100% is about 40 min or so, so it works rather well. If we're charging two phones at once (as it does have two USB ports), it might take a little longer.

HTH!

When we needed to charge (and I also use this for all day long softball tournaments - so it gets lots of use), I just hooked it up and threw it in my bag. I put it in the side mesh pocket so it could 'breathe'.

This one will charge my iPhone from 25% to 100% is about 40 min or so, so it works rather well. If we're charging two phones at once (as it does have two USB ports), it might take a little longer.

HTH!

Ok thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter