Extra 1.5 days..what to do?

davebuch

Earning My Ears
We will be boarding on our 3rd Disney Cruise on Thursday and we will have about 1.5 days between the time we get off the ship and our flight leaves. Any suggestions on what to do with the time? We have done all the major parks in Orlando and Kennedy Space Center on previous trips. Any suggestions of hotels/resorts or things to do would be appreciated!

We purposely stay that exact amount so I can go to Magic Kingdom for one day.... even if you've already been...Disneyworld never gets old!!! You can always experience something new! I vote for there!!! (which i'm sure isn't the answer you were looking for)

We are open to that - this would be a first during the Holiday so it would be cool to see all of the decorations. Just wanted to see if we were missing any hidden treasures. Thanks for your recommendation - have you ever been to Animal Kingdom? That is the one park we have not visited yet.

Oh, I definately recommend Animal Kingdom then! I think this time of year is the best, as that park always seems to be the spot where you feel the heat the most, so it's definately more enjoyable in the winter. I also feel it's the best 'themed' of all the parks. I can spend a lot of time there just looking around and noticing the details (always remember to look down and up...not just straight ahead). So that's my vote! :thumbsup2

Both Festival of the Lion King and Nemo are two of the best live shows that have at WDW, by the way.

Does that include SeaWorld? They've done a ton of new things this year. I have to say I was blown away by them when I went to see the Manta under construction in January. It's not the SeaWorld I remember!!

Oh - and if you're into nightlife? The IceBar Orlando is kind of a fun, kitschy experience. Nice place they have too.

I have to second the vote for Animal Kingdom. It is our favorite park. It has a special place in my heart because my father always thought of WDW as a "fancy fair" until he went to Animal Kingdom. To me AK is a park to slow down and enjoy the details.

If you are staying in the port area I would recomend the Brevard County zoo. It is right off I 95 in Melbourne. The community zoo was build by volunteers and has unique activities such as giraffe feeding and kyacking.

Well....it's hard to say where you have been already if you don't consider AK a major park. Probably there...Although if money is no object our overall favorite one day experience is Discovery Cove.

^^^ Spend a day in your favorite WDW park and/or go to Downtown Disney instead.

I am a disney fanatic and 1.5 days is never long enough to enjoy the Disney Parks, after or before a cruise. We try to experience the other wonders of Florida if we go on a cruise. This past trip we did SeaWorld it was great during this time of year.

Another vote here for Animal Kingdom. The Lion King and Nemo show are indeed great. Mount Everest is a fun (wild) ride. The thing I discovered this trip is the Maharaja Jungle Trail. Only Disney could make animal viewing so wonderful. There is another trail in Africa too. I lived 37 years in San Diego going to their world famous zoo and Wild Animal Park. Disney takes it to another level. And you can see Mickey and Minnie in their safari outfits. :-)

Thank you for all the suggestions - it is a great help. I think we are going to do Animal Kingdom - We have done Universal (both parks), MGM, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Sea World (however it is has been a long time so maybe worth another trip) plus a Disney Water Park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter