Extending the day

jlap

Earning My Ears
We're just coming for the day from the Latin Quarter, by rer, on Tuesday, May 16th, when the park is only open from 10-6. We are MAJOR Disney fans! Any ideas on how best to extend the day, with an early breakfast somewhere and dinner after the park closes? Are there any restaurants in the park that stay open past closing time, as at WDW? I see that the only early breakfast is apparently for resort guests. We need to milk every moment out of the day!! Also, is it as impt to make reservations for meals as it would be at WDW? Thanks in advance :banana:

Hi jlap and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidlines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Yes early breakfast is only available to on-site guests. I'd aim to be at the park for opening as you'll beat most guests. Aim to get a FP for Peter Pan as they will be gone by lunch-time.
After the park shuts have a booking for Cafe Mickey in the Disney Village. That way you will get a character meal and still be part of the magic without wasting precious park time :)

Thank you. We're quite the experienced WDW'ers- ask us anything! But this is all new. Peter Pan is our favorite so we'll hit that first, plus get a fast pass for a return voyage, thanks. I'll read up on mickey's but it sounds like it's similar to chef mickeys at wdw?

jlap said:
I'll read up on mickey's but it sounds like it's similar to chef mickeys at wdw?
Okay, what about Inventions restaurant in the Disneyland Hotel. You will have characters and can see the castle from the hotel :goodvibes

Oh sorry, didnt mean I wouldnt want to go to Mickey's--just meant, I'm assuming it's like chef mickeys....It sounds good- or yes, it might be fun to go to the Disneyland Hotel --imagine we could eat at the Hotel and still have time to go over to the village to see what's doing there--or reverse the order, eating at Mickeys. Two good choices, thanks.

jlap said:
Oh sorry, didnt mean I wouldnt want to go to Mickey's--just meant, I'm assuming it's like chef mickeys
Don't worry I did not take offence. If I had only one day I'd be the same trying to maximise every single second of my time at the park. :goodvibes :wave2:

I'm sure everyone on the boards has lots of suggestions and we'll happily give you them all ;)

You could go for a drink at a hotel such as the Disneyland hotel or hotel New York before or after dinner.. I walk around the Disney village and the Lake can be quite nice.. Billy Bob saloon has some evening entertainment in the village.

Although you can't do the Fantasyland Breakfast, I'm sure that non hotel guests can still go to Cafe Mickey's for breakfast - or book at whichever park restaurant is serving breakfast these days!! Or am I completely wrong?!!

Dining reservations don't seem to be as necessary at DLP, as they do at WDW - but it doesn't hurt to make them anyway, if you want to be certain of eating where you want, when you want. :)

When we want to make the most of a day at DLP, we make a dinner reservation at a restaurant in Disney Village right after the parks close, then maximize our time in the parks.

Woody

yes.. you could book a character breakfast..there is one at cafe mickey and one in the park in Walt's/plaza gardens which are on main street..

Bexx said:
Although you can't do the Fantasyland Breakfast, I'm sure that non hotel guests can still go to Cafe Mickey's for breakfast - or book at whichever park restaurant is serving breakfast these days!! Or am I completely wrong?!!

To answer my own question, I had a look in the brochure and it looks like these breakfasts are only available to guests staying at the onsite and preferred hotels. But I think if you were interested it might be worth ringing the dining reservations number and asking if you could still book one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter