• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extending, PI, Seasonal, PT/FT...?

Im not a CP nor have I ever been however I am a CM and know quite a few CP's who have gone seasonal after their program has finished. Usually there is a lag of a couple weeks from when your program is finished to when you are actually scheduled since you must have completed your program in full before you can be scheduled.

You can go seasonal and put your name on the list for CR or FT at anytime once you have become seasonal providing you did not luck out and walk right into CR or FT.

With the ever increasing numbers of CP's and what some people would call exploitation of the college program CR and FT spots are becoming ever increasingly difficult to obtain. If your looking for CR or FT I would strongly suggest not looking at Entertainment since that department is one that is being flooded with CP's. I know people who have been trying for FT for close to 2 years.

I can think of 7 Seasonal and CR cast members that have left Entertainment within the last month because they were capped from being over utilized or had just given up hope of ever being made FT.

Im not a CP nor have I ever been however I am a CM and know quite a few CP's who have gone seasonal after their program has finished. Usually there is a lag of a couple weeks from when your program is finished to when you are actually scheduled since you must have completed your program in full before you can be scheduled.

You can go seasonal and put your name on the list for CR or FT at anytime once you have become seasonal providing you did not luck out and walk right into CR or FT.

With the ever increasing numbers of CP's and what some people would call exploitation of the college program CR and FT spots are becoming ever increasingly difficult to obtain. If your looking for CR or FT I would strongly suggest not looking at Entertainment since that department is one that is being flooded with CP's. I know people who have been trying for FT for close to 2 years.

What is CR? and what is the diff between seasonal and part-time?

I talked about going seasonal with my managers about two weeks before my departure date. I wanted to make sure I had a spot! Sometimes other CPs take said seasonal spots, so you won't be able to transition if there is nothing available.

CR = Casual Regular or Part Time :)

Seasonal requires less availability than Part Time. Part time requires a minimum of 3 days a week full availability. Seasonal is usually depending on what department you are in requires up to 8 weeks a year full availability.

CR or Part Time has a few benefits such as limited medical coverage and paid holidays. CT or Seasonal does not to my knowledge offer those benefits.

Both CR and CT are limited to the amount of hours they can work and are both subject to being 'capped' if you are capped you can only be scheduled a maximum of 24 hours a week and will not be able to pickup shifts from EHH or Shift Exchange until you are no longer capped. One of the benefits in staying as a CP is this does not apply to you.

Honestly if you are looking at living here after being a CP you need FT status or you need 2 jobs since you will be capped eventually.

Honestly if you are looking at living here after being a CP you need FT status or you need 2 jobs since you will be capped eventually.

Hmm... thank you. This answers one of my questions (about possibly needing 2 jobs). It's my dream to start working at WDW in the summer of 2012, then in a couple years be in the right place/right time to get hired FT. I teach, and it'll be a few years before I can leave my job here.

But I'd need to be sure I can support myself, obviously.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Rose

Iduno if someone asked this. But how do you go about extending and do you have to do the same role u started with. Cuz I know its far away for me but im really thinking I'm prob guna wanna extend and hopefully do attractions is that possible to do if I didn't get accepted as attractions now?

Iduno if someone asked this. But how do you go about extending and do you have to do the same role u started with. Cuz I know its far away for me but im really thinking I'm prob guna wanna extend and hopefully do attractions is that possible to do if I didn't get accepted as attractions now?

They will send out an e-mail a few months before your program ends that will have instructions on how to apply for the extension. You will also have the choice on whether you want to stay in your current role or to change to something new.

I did the program in 07, so it might be a little different now. You'll get the email after a few weeks of check in and the extension was done via the hub when i was there

As for seasonal, I was offered it on one of my last shifts when i went over a evaluation of my entire works aspect of my cp with one of my work managers. It probably varies from dept to dept, just ask one of you managers, and dont call in sick a lot. Going seasonal will depend on your record card! no more than i think 1 reprimand.

You don't have to do the same role for extending. However, there are limited spots available for people who want to change roles (preference is given to people staying in their current role).

Thanks for the answers! :goodvibes

If you apply for the extension, and then you find out you were accepted to a PI, can you do the PI instead of your extended CP?

I believe you can

Thanks for the answers! :goodvibes

If you apply for the extension, and then you find out you were accepted to a PI, can you do the PI instead of your extended CP?

Yes you can. :) Graygables did that I believe! As long as you haven't started your extension.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter