Extending Aulani stay with cash

MrJames

Earning My Ears
We just found out that we are going to have to cancel one of our trips this summer because we could not work out all of the logistics needed to make it happen. Although we are really disappointed about having to cancel that trip, it frees up some cash that we decided to use to extend our Aulani vacation in June. We made this reservation at the 11 month window and now all of the rooms on either end of our current reservation are booked using points. However the Aulani website shows availability for cash. My question is, are there any savings or benefits to booking/paying cash through member services rather than directly with the resort? Has anyone done this? Should we look beyond Aulani for a few days on either end? (I know blasphemy)

Any advise is greatly appreciated

When available, you can get a discount for cash bookings at DVC resorts through Member Services (usually 25% I think) so I would definitely try MS first.

How old is your travel party? It's me, dh and 2 dd's in their 20's we decided to spend 2 nights in waikiki first and then go on to Aulani. Figured I would be able to walk to some restaurants, do the swap meet, climb diamond head, etc. from there and then just leave Aulani to do the North Shore.

I just booked a cash reservation for December. The member's 25% discount is not available but it may be for your dates. I would try. I was charged about 5% less than what the website wanted for nonmembers. I am not sure why as I was told it was full price but maybe someone else can explain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter