Extended Hours for Magic Kingdom and Epcot

Drewmama

Mouseketeer
What are the chances they continue extended evening hours for Magic Kingdom and Epcot for deluxe resort guests through the rest of the year? I'm hoping they stick to the current Monday/Wednesday schedule thru October.

Man I’m hoping it’s still there June 19-26. We weren’t planning on a WDW trip this year, but snagged two amazing trades into Animal Kingdom Villas. Adding Genie+ and IlL for 9 people is 😳😳😳. These two deluxe nights could make all the difference!

What are the chances they continue extended evening hours for Magic Kingdom and Epcot for deluxe resort guests through the rest of the year? I'm hoping they stick to the current Monday/Wednesday schedule thru October.
Just FYI the MK EMH for the last week of March is Tues. rather than Wed., https://www.disboards.com/threads/mk-extra-evening-hours.3868524/ who know’s whether that’s a one week aberration or a permanent change.
Personally I’d like to see them add evening EMHs at DHS & AK as well.

Does anyone have any input on the lines during the extra hours. We are trying to plan out February trip and don't want to buy Genie+ if the lines are ok during the extra Magic Hours.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

Well, how far out can reservations be made right now? Into 2023? I think they will keep the Extra evening hours for Deluxe resorts guests for quite some time. Otherwise it's a bait and switch. Who knows how many folks may have moved from Moderate to Deluxe, or offsite to Deluxe, in order to take advantage of the deal. I'd be upset if the EEH was my tipping point to go deluxe and then Disney snatched it away. I think they will honor it for many months to come. They want to fill their deluxe results, as I'm assuming that's where their highest margin return is.

Dan

I just wish you didn't need to have the EEH park as your reserved park for that day (or otherwise have park hoppers). I wish you could go to the EEH park when those hours opened no matter where you were the other part of the day.

This is the first year we don't have park hoppers in quite some time. This is due to increased cost of G+ and Mears Express. (we need to save somewhere).

There are very limited days with EEH and I don't want to HAVE to reserve that park for that day if it doesn't work with our schedule. We'll be there 8 nights mid-late July, staying deluxe and I'm praying that our MK and EP happen to fall on the EEH days for those parks. Limiting the park to ONLY deluxe guests really does cut down on the folks allowed to be there.

Dan

Wait huh? You have to have the EEH park as your reserved park? I think we have park hoppers for our trip so maybe it doesn't matter but wanted to verify.

I just looked at our April dates and our week is the only week that Magic Kingdom doesn't have EEH. It is Epcot & HS. You are KILLING ME Disney.

Wait huh? You have to have the EEH park as your reserved park? I think we have park hoppers for our trip so maybe it doesn't matter but wanted to verify.

I just looked at our April dates and our week is the only week that Magic Kingdom doesn't have EEH. It is Epcot & HS. You are KILLING ME Disney.
If you have park hoppers it won't matter. Only if you have a single park ticket will it matter where your reservation is.

Does anyone have any input on the lines during the extra hours. We are trying to plan out February trip and don't want to buy Genie+ if the lines are ok during the extra Magic Hours.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

We were there 1/17 to 1/25 and did both parks on their EEH days. For Epcot, we did Frozen and Remy’s, with a 10-20 minute wait. We did wait about 10 minutes after fireworks for the park and queues to clear before going to Frozen. The wait after we finished each ride was shorter as the queue ended somewhere in each building. For MK, we did 7 Dwarfs and Pooh, with waits less than 10-15 minutes. We had done People Mover, Buzz and Tea Cups after the fireworks, finishing Tea Cups just as the extra hours started. We could’ve done several more rides both nights, but we were tired and just wanted to give our feet a rest.

We thought it was worthwhile enough that we’ve extended our after cruise stay in May, to take advantage of the late hours again.

We were there 1/17 to 1/25 and did both parks on their EEH days. For Epcot, we did Frozen and Remy’s, with a 10-20 minute wait. We did wait about 10 minutes after fireworks for the park and queues to clear before going to Frozen. The wait after we finished each ride was shorter as the queue ended somewhere in each building. For MK, we did 7 Dwarfs and Pooh, with waits less than 10-15 minutes. We had done People Mover, Buzz and Tea Cups after the fireworks, finishing Tea Cups just as the extra hours started. We could’ve done several more rides both nights, but we were tired and just wanted to give our feet a rest.

We thought it was worthwhile enough that we’ve extended our after cruise stay in May, to take advantage of the late hours again.
Thank you! This is what I was hoping to hear. The reason I asked was thst I do not want to pay for Genie+ when this is a trip for just me and my husband, absolutely no kids along.We need to relax and I do not want to get up early to go to pars or to schedule rides. We are trying to just go with the flow, except for park and some dining reservations.

I just wish you didn't need to have the EEH park as your reserved park for that day (or otherwise have park hoppers). I wish you could go to the EEH park when those hours opened no matter where you were the other part of the day.

This is the first year we don't have park hoppers in quite some time. This is due to increased cost of G+ and Mears Express. (we need to save somewhere).

There are very limited days with EEH and I don't want to HAVE to reserve that park for that day if it doesn't work with our schedule. We'll be there 8 nights mid-late July, staying deluxe and I'm praying that our MK and EP happen to fall on the EEH days for those parks. Limiting the park to ONLY deluxe guests really does cut down on the folks allowed to be there.

Dan
You don't, you just have to go to your reserved park and then hop over anytime after 2pm. I thought that at first until I read it again, as long as you have a park hoppers pass or annual pass.

"or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation."

Thank you! This is what I was hoping to hear. The reason I asked was thst I do not want to pay for Genie+ when this is a trip for just me and my husband, absolutely no kids along.We need to relax and I do not want to get up early to go to pars or to schedule rides. We are trying to just go with the flow, except for park and some dining reservations.

It was just 2 of us too. We paid for 1 ILL$, FOP at AK and for Genie+ one day, just to try it. The EEHs negated having to pay for other ILL$ rides. Our Genie+ day didn’t work out well as I was always chasing ride times that didn’t work for stacking. Also, we didn’t want to crisscross the park, just to get better ride times. We won’t be getting it again for a long while.

You don't, you just have to go to your reserved park and then hop over anytime after 2pm. I thought that at first until I read it again, as long as you have a park hoppers pass or annual pass.

"or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation."

You may have missed the part where I mention that I unfortunately won’t have park hoppers this year. I can’t hop anywhere after 2pm. 😥

Hopefully I can line up the EEH night(s) with that same day I have that park reserved.

Dan

Last edited:
If you are in a deluxe resort with a Wednesday checkout - can you go to the Wednesday hours or no since you have checked out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter