Extended evening hours

No, sorry. Please don’t say that as it has potential to confuse people.

VQ = successfully booking a VQ reservation and joining the line when your VQ is called.

GotG does not have a standby line at any time.
Sorry, wanted to indicate that the virtual queue takes the place of the physical standby line for rides that have VQ.

No, sorry. Please don’t say that as it has potential to confuse people.

VQ = successfully booking a VQ reservation and joining the line when your VQ is called.

GotG does not have a standby line at any time.
It has had standby during special events like Moonlight Magic for DVC members and the Wine and Dine after hours party. But those are very few and far between.

It has had standby during special events like Moonlight Magic for DVC members and the Wine and Dine after hours party. But those are very few and far between.
That may be the case but this thread by title is specific to ‘Extended Evening Hours.’ The last thing we want is to mislead someone and have them miss out on this attraction because off-topic information was posted on the thread that was created especially for the EEH event.

Guardians during EEH can only be ridden by successfully booking a VQ. There is no standby line during EEH.

I'm going to ask this, even though I know it will be tough to answer. Just wondering if we have any idea how easy or difficult it is to get a GotG BG with the 6:00 drop, compared to the earlier VQ's? I'm trying to gage whether I want to chance waiting until the 6:00 VQ on our Epcot day. We are flying in late the night before EEH next week, and I'd love to take it slow that morning and not have to (potentially) rush to the park if we get a morning BG.

I'm also wondering about waits for Remy's during EEH. I'd love to not buy Genie+ on our EEH day if we don't "need" it.

I'm going to ask this, even though I know it will be tough to answer. Just wondering if we have any idea how easy or difficult it is to get a GotG BG with the 6:00 drop, compared to the earlier VQ's? I'm trying to gage whether I want to chance waiting until the 6:00 VQ on our Epcot day. We are flying in late the night before EEH next week, and I'd love to take it slow that morning and not have to (potentially) rush to the park if we get a morning BG.

I'm also wondering about waits for Remy's during EEH. I'd love to not buy Genie+ on our EEH day if we don't "need" it.
They have been letting you ride anytime after your group is called as of now, but if you get to the park by 1pm you can try for a BG then. 6pm usually goes in a few seconds but I've seen times where it lasts longer.

Remy usually isn't too bad of a wait but there is a chance it will be down during EEH - it's not the most reliable ride.

Back in June, the 6 p.m. drop was instantly gone. A couple days later we easily got a spot on the 1 p.m. drop. I don't have a more recent trip, but I would speculate the 6 p.m. drop is the hardest to get s the ride is likely backed up from the earlier boarding groups.

Remy went down at the start of our EEH and we rode it at the end of the night. We waited about 45 minutes to ride and people were still coming through the Genie lane.

Epcot is a giant park and Remy is in a distant corner, so plan accordingly. I think the best strategy is to get in line there as late as possible.

We have done this every time with the extra evening hour!
Are you able to hold two boarding groups passes at once? Like if you got a 7am boarding group but haven’t used it yet can you get a different one at 6pm? For Tron I’d guess the first one would expire but for Guardians theoretically could you ride it twice after the 6pm drop using both boarding passes?

In mid March we did Epcot at EEH. Around 8:30pm we headed towards France and asked the CM at Remy what time we should get in line to take advantage of EEH since there was a long line at the ride. She advised around 9:30pm. We watched harmonious from France then got into line at 9:23pm for Remy’s; it was hot & humid in the line but we were on at 9:51pm.

Then we walked around to Norway and at 10:18pm got in line for Frozen. By 10:32pm we were on the ride. We were so tired after so we headed back to the hotel.

EEH was good for us as we didn’t get Genie + that day and still got to ride 2 headliner rides. Earlier in the day we got a boarding pass for GotG so did that too.

Hi! Here now and headed to Epcot tonight for EEH.
Wondering if it is still hard to get a boarding group for Guardians at the 6:00 drop? Any recent experience appreciated.
THANKS!!!

Wondering if it is still hard to get a boarding group for Guardians at the 6:00 drop? Any recent experience appreciated.
THANKS!!!
I expect it varies based on crowd levels.... being that it's pretty busy down there today, I could see it going fast. Hope it works in your favor....

THANKS!!!
They fill extremely quickly. I would use an extra device to countdown the time then try exactly at 6PM.

THANKS!!!
As others have noted it's based on crowd levels, I expect it to fill very quickly tonight given that it's still spring break. The last time I did this was back in January on MLK Monday which was a very very very slow week, evening EMH groups stayed available for at least 30 minutes that night.

Dumb question--if you get the 7AM VQ drop, I'm thinking you cannot get another one for EE at 6PM, correct? I can see maybe them letting another one at 6PM since its only deluxe Guests, but not sure?

Dumb question--if you get the 7AM VQ drop, I'm thinking you cannot get another one for EE at 6PM, correct? I can see maybe them letting another one at 6PM since its only deluxe Guests, but not sure?

You can get both provided you are staying at a deluxe resort.

On a MK extended hours night (a Wednesday in June), we have park reservations at Hollywood Studios but plan on hopping over to the MK around 4:00 or 5:00. Are we still eligible for the Tron VQ at 6:00 or do we need a park reservation for MK that day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter