Extended cruises..... Unique onboard activities?

disdreams77

Mouseketeer
We are traveling on the 12 night British Isles cruise. This will be our ninth dcl. What types of onboard activities should we expect that will be new or different with being on the ship that many days?

We did a 9-night one before and there was nothing special/different besides an additional port.

Since it's a pretty port intensive itinerary I don't know if they'll do any additional activities onboard however you may receive a special lithograph to commemorate the 1st British Isles sailing and possibly another gift. On the 12night Barcelona to Venice cruise we visited a few new ports and they had some fanfare when we arrived and departed. We also received a nice trivet with the sailing date and drawing of Mickey in Venice on it.

I've completed a few extended Disney cruises and you will get to enjoy a variety of more shows, entertainment and character meets that normally will not be on the shorter cruises. One of my favorite unique onboard activities that I've experienced was backstage tour of the Walt Disney Theatre which included presentations by the audio folks, stage/prop handlers, costume designers and we even got to ride down on the stage.

I've completed a few extended Disney cruises and you will get to enjoy a variety of more shows, entertainment and character meets that normally will not be on the shorter cruises. One of my favorite unique onboard activities that I've experienced was backstage tour of the Walt Disney Theatre which included presentations by the audio folks, stage/prop handlers, costume designers and we even got to ride down on the stage.

This tour is one of the reasons I really want to do an extended cruise. My husband is a technical director for stage shows. So this would be so much fun for us. Hoping to do the PC cruise in 2017. Was hoping for 2016 but could not pass up the NY cruises then.

As mentioned, additional entertainment, also new menus in the MDR. You may get some special area tours (not the bridge).

If I had the $$$$$ this is the cruise I will be taking next year. Hopefully disney realizes that people have spent a lot of money on this cruise and will do some special things. Hopefully the performers will be like John Charles really good and not have people that just bang on buckets and boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter