Express Ticket Pass for Universal

stemikger

DIS Veteran
Hey Folks,

I haven't been around for a while and I haven't been do Disney in a few years. I am planning to make a trip next year, but this time I want to do a day in Universal. My question to anyone who knows this is: Can you buy a Fast Pass (sorry I don't know what Universal calls their version) with the admission to Univerasal or is this just for their resort guests.

If not, I was wondering if it would be worth staying in Universal for one night to get this perk.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

It's also worth noting that the purchased Express Pass Plus is only valid for the park and date which it is purchased for. Prices will vary for it depending upon how crowded they expect the park to be. Generally, unless you are traveling during a time when it's almost guaranteed that the park is going to be packed, It is recommended to wait until you arrive to purchase the Express option. The reason for this is that you may find that you don't need it due to the park crowds, and something as simple as an afternoon shower can sometimes clear the parks out.

It might also be less expensive to stay at the Universal hotel. We found we could stay there for less than it would have cost for everyone to get the pass plus it was then good the day we checked in and the next day too...well worth the one night at a very nice hotel!

Liz

It's also worth noting that the purchased Express Pass Plus is only valid for the park and date which it is purchased for. Prices will vary for it depending upon how crowded they expect the park to be. Generally, unless you are traveling during a time when it's almost guaranteed that the park is going to be packed, It is recommended to wait until you arrive to purchase the Express option. The reason for this is that you may find that you don't need it due to the park crowds, and something as simple as an afternoon shower can sometimes clear the parks out.
:thumbsup2

We got 1 night at the Hard Rock this past June even though we had a week at an off-site Marriott Harbour Lake for the same timeframe. We checked in on a Mon and checked out on a Tue and got Express Pass for both Mon and Tue. We were a party of 7 but only 5 stayed at the Hard Rock. The other 2 adults stayed at the Marriott. They dropped us off and picked us up so that we did not have to pay for parking at Hard Rock. They needed a way to get back to the Marriott anyhow! My older son and sister got into Harry Potter World 1 hour early for on-site guests. The cost of Express Pass for those 2 days would have been more expensive than what we paid for that one night at the Hard Rock using the annual passholders discount. Although since both days were really rainy, I am not sure how much value the Express Pass was. The regular lines for all the rides were not that long. But we enjoyed trying out the Hard Rock hotel. It was great to take breaks in the heat of the day at the hotel.

ok, now I am interested...I wonder if it would be cheaper to book the extra hotel room than buy the passes for all 6 of us...hmmmm.

ok, now I am interested...I wonder if it would be cheaper to book the extra hotel room than buy the passes for all 6 of us...hmmmm.

It might be. The price of the express pass can change depending on the season and demand. It's also a wonderful experience to stay on property.

If you are going during peak days (i.e. June-August or during Christmas), it may be worth it. That being said, a friend and I went around new years last year and the parks were deserted except for the Harry Potter attractions. Honestly, though, I don't feel there is enough to do in one day as it is (the attractions are limited). It may be worth it for Islands of Adventure, but certainly isn't for the older park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter