Express Pass

DrHfuhruhurr

Earning My Ears
Hi all, new user. We're planning a trip to Orlando for the first week of June, and we'll be staying at the Royal Pacific. What's the down-low on the Express Pass? I've read some indications that having it makes seeing all of both parks in 2 days a breeze, but I'm dubious. How big a benefit is it, really?

We'll be a party of five--three adults + a 16yo and 11yo. Kids have never been, and the last time I was there, King Kong was still open.

Hi all, new user. We're planning a trip to Orlando for the first week of June, and we'll be staying at the Royal Pacific. What's the down-low on the Express Pass? I've read some indications that having it makes seeing all of both parks in 2 days a breeze, but I'm dubious. How big a benefit is it, really?

We'll be a party of five--three adults + a 16yo and 11yo. Kids have never been, and the last time I was there, King Kong was still open.
You will have unlimited Express access to all available attractions and especially in summer, it will be a huge help. You can ride as many times as you want w/o too much of a wait. Early June isn't too bad and you should have no problems doing everything you want to do.

Congratulations on staying at RPH...you are in for a treat...the hotel is beautiful...the perk of Express Pass is all it is cracked up to be and more...it will change how you view all other theme parks...have fun

Thanks so much for the input! It's great to know that the lines won't be a huge hassle. Related question, I guess: any need to upgrade to a park-to-park ticket for both days? I'm assuming there's no way Diagon Alley will be open by the first week of June, so we won't miss out on the train if we only have a single park pass.

Also, if it's not too much to ask, one more question: is there a good resource online to help figure out the intensity of some of the rides and how they basically operate? My 11yo is timid, and I'd like to be able to explain more about each ride. For example, I don't even know whether the Mummy is a roller coaster, or something else. I know it's on rails, and fast, but that's about it. Same for Transformers--I have no idea what it is. Looks maybe something like Disney's Dinosaur ride, but with screen projection elements?

Of course, I guess with the Express Pass, I could ride the ones he's worried about in advance.

As for park to park, that is totally up to how you like to move around. For us, we enjoy the park to park as we have been a few times and like to bounce around. Maybe do US in the morning, head to city walk for lunch, then go over to IOA.

For ride intensity, I would try to put in the names of the rides on youtube and check them out. Mummy is a coaster ride. I'd rate it as medium intensity. It starts out slow, showing the story of the mummy's curse with animatronics. It goes backwards for a tiny bit, then lines up for the launch, which is very fast, similar to Aerosmith launch. It is in the dark for most of the ride. It does not go upside down at any point. This is one of our favorite rides in the park :)

I would definitely consider the park to park upgrade...the flexibility is the best...it will give your family a chance to experience the rides, choose favourites, and go back to ride many more times without worrying about restriction of one park...staying onsite and park to park are musts for our family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter