Express Pass what?

I would never buy them, they are completely over priced imo. If I were going during a busy time, I would just chuck up the money and stay in one of their resorts.

Just remember...you should never purchase EPs ahead of time until you've seen the actual lines. Sometimes its a complete waste of money but sometimes it will help out a lot.
Exactly!!! You can always get 'em when ya go to the park. :goodvibes

We've stayed offsite a few times and have yet to buy an Express pass. I would just tour wisely and relax. :)

What about 2nd week of June? I know that's a peak time, but would you still think that we would not need the Express pass? Was just on USF's site and Express Pass was $55.99 as add on. A pp said it was $45. Where'd you get that price?

Also, see that they are offering buy a 2 day park-to-park ticket and get a third day free (if used by June 30) for $140. Has that been offered for long? Should I jump on that? Wasn't planning on a third day, but might be able to delay my return flight to have a chance to go to the park the last day. thoughts? thanks.

What about 2nd week of June? I know that's a peak time, but would you still think that we would not need the Express pass? Was just on USF's site and Express Pass was $55.99 as add on. A pp said it was $45. Where'd you get that price?

The EP changes price depending on anticipated crowd levels. Your dates are going to be more crowded than the $45 dates (the poster mentioned April in their post) as evidenced by them being more expensive.

Also, see that they are offering buy a 2 day park-to-park ticket and get a third day free (if used by June 30) for $140. Has that been offered for long? Should I jump on that? Wasn't planning on a third day, but might be able to delay my return flight to have a chance to go to the park the last day. thoughts? thanks.

I'd still wait until I am in the park and seeing the lines. If you can get there before rope drop, even on busy days, you can get alot done in the first hour or two.

Also, note the free day tickets must be used by June 17, not 30th. I assume this is because the summer onslought is coming after that, and conveniently is usually when the northern schools get out. Most end the 2nd week of June.

We are going sometime the first two weeks of December.

Agree with Damo and Metro. DW, DSis and myself just recently went to UO at the beginning of December. We didn't have Express Pass and we were able to get on everything multiple times. Longest wait we had was for Forbidden Journey. Wait time said 20 minutes, but it only took us about 10. Came out and the wait time was down to 15. Got right back on in no time. DSis rode Hulk 15 times in one day without express pass. I lost a bet that day. :(

After 15 times I'm surprised you didn't lose more than the bet that day. :rotfl:

I'm not the one that rode it 15 times. She did. I only rode it 7 times that day. I'm older than she is and yeah, I would lose a lot more than a bet if I did ride it 15 times. :sick:

But while she was riding Hulk, I was over at WWoHP riding FJ (5 times) and Dragon Challenge (2 times on each). She only did FJ 2 times and one time on each at DC.

I'm not the one that rode it 15 times. She did. I only rode it 7 times that day. I'm older than she is and yeah, I would lose a lot more than a bet if I did ride it 15 times. :sick:
Seven times is still a feat...I don't think I could do that anymore.

Seven times is still a feat...I don't think I could do that anymore.

I edited my last post. You post quick. :laughing: I might have done the 15 times had I not been on FJ and Dragon Challenge multiple times as well. And all without Express Pass. :goodvibes If/When we ever go back, we'll be going in December again.

DSis rode Hulk 15 times in one day without express pass. I lost a bet that day. :(

:faint:

DS and I rode Hippogriff 14 times in a row one morning and that was bad enough! It was later that day that I discovered he could ride things alone, and so when he decided to break that number on the Nuthouse Coaster, I sat on a bench!

He plans on 30 times this next trip. Have fun with that, kid! ;)

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am dizzy thinking about the number of times you guys can ride these things. I am lucky if I survive riding once.

Anyhooo... how about the 3rd day free for $140 for the park-park tickets. Any of you experts with an opinion as to whether I should act on that soon...or is it an offer that could last for months?
TIA.

I can see why people think it is a waste when you think about Disney FP. But its a more simple way to limit the wait times in lines.

We used them 4 years ago and we didn't even really feel that we needed them. The lines were so short (even though crowd calendars had us thinking different). It was a waste that trip. On our last trip last year, we didn't get them at all and had no problems with wait times at all. It really depends on how much time you have to devote to US and IOA, the time of year you go and your budget too!

Anyhooo... how about the 3rd day free for $140 for the park-park tickets. Any of you experts with an opinion as to whether I should act on that soon...or is it an offer that could last for months?
Ticket specials can end at any time and w/o notification. If you want to take advantage of this deal, you should go ahead and purchase the tickets now.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am dizzy thinking about the number of times you guys can ride these things. I am lucky if I survive riding once.

TIA.

From the website:

RESTRICTIONS:

Ticket must be purchased by June 16, 2013.
First use of this ticket must be on or before June 17, 2013, to receive full ticket entitlements.
Ticket expires on June 30, 2013; unused days shall be forfeited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter