• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EXpress Pass Strategy

KMeehan

Earning My Ears
We have a multiday pass, going in early March.
What is the best strategy for using the express passes with the new setup?

When we enter the park at opening, should we head for the express pass machines and select our passes or head for a first ride and then go for the passes (first ride would be Spiderman and Men in Black in each park)????
Can we select 3 passes in one visit to the express pass machine?
Can we select any attraction from any machine or do we have to go to the booth outside the specific ride we want a pass for?

Thanks for your help.

Bump
There doesn't appear to have been any info on the new system for days. Does anyone know if it's started yet?

Tracy
Disneyland Paris Halloween 1999 & Christmas 2000
Off site Easter 2000 & Easter 2001

Express is now fully operational at:

IOA: Dueling Dragons, Poseidon's Fury, Jurassic Park River Adventure, and Doctor Doom's Fearfall.
(Unicorn opens 2/21 with Express)
USF: ET, Kongfrontation, Twister, and Back to the Future.

The demand over the holiday weekend was outstanding - and the system worked great! Only trouble was EVERYONE wanted to use the "new" Universal Express and many attractions gave away all their passes by mid-afternoon. Poseidon's Fury was typically the earliest (in both parks) to run out of Express passes by as early as 12:15pm.

With the demand as it is, and depending on what time of day you enter each park - I would first go to Spiderman or Men in Black and ASK what is the earliest time they are currently distributing. If this time is very late in the day (i.e. 5:30-6:30pm) - I wouldn't hesitate to grab one. On busy Spring Break and Summer days I would expect tickets at some attractions to be gone by 11am.

Also, don't forget that rides such as Spiderman and Men in Black will continue to offer singles lines along with Universal Express. So even if you arrive late on a busy day and can't get an Express ticket, you can always use the singles lines to minimize the wait

Our first trip to Universal is coming up. Is the Express system that is discussed above the same as FOTL? The Express pass sounds very similar to FastPass at Disney. How does FOTL work if it is different? Thanks.

As of Thurs. 2/15, Men in Black was not set up for express pass yet. The attendant told us to use the single riders line to get in faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter