Express pass questions

mrsaumock

Mouseketeer
I tried searching, but didn't see an express pass FAQ so sorry if these are repeats:

1. Are there 2 EP options? One that gets you to the FOTL once and another that's unlimited.
2. If so, which do u get if staying on site?
3. Is there a list somewhere of the attractions that u can use EP on?

Thanks - I'm trying to decide whether to stay onsite. We are going the last week of jan/first week of feb 2015, so I'm not sure EP is actually needed? Any info/input is very much appreciated!!!

go to the official Uni webpage, under tickets,click on express pass,and it will show all details and options

Express pass is good ON all rides and shows EXCEPT>>>>>>>
Harry Potter Forbidden Journey, Ollivanders Wand Show and Pteranodon FLyers...Other than that it is good for all rides and shows.The one you buy is the one ride per eligible attraction/show. The one you get as an onsite resort guest at Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay or Hard Rock is unlimited.The newest resort , Cabana BAy does NOT offer ANY EXPRESS pass perks.

* You can also buy an unlimited version, but very often it is costly and cheaper just to stay one night at one of the participating resorts

We have gone that week and honestly even at slower times of year staying onsite is so much better and completely worth it .

also, one night onsite gets you two full days of unlimited. If you bought the unlimited you have to buy it per day :)

also, one night onsite gets you two full days of unlimited. If you bought the unlimited you have to buy it per day :)

Hi!

Couple of questions about this statement...

1. Which two full days do you get the unlimited on if you stay one night? Example: If I check in on Friday @ 3pm and check out on Saturday morning, do I get the unlimited all day Friday and all day Saturday, even if my hotel room isn't ready until Friday afternoon?

2. Regarding the early hour access to HP, do you get that for both Friday and Saturday mornings in the above example?

We've currently got reservations at Disney for Sunday-Thursday (4 nights) and then we were going to switch to Universal for Thursday-Saturday (2 nights) so that we could do Universal on Friday & Saturday. However, Thursday we're doing the Mickey's Christmas Party, so it will be late when we leave and I'd love to be able to go back to our Disney resort that night but still get early access/unlimited at Universal for Friday/Saturday.

Thanks in advance for the clarification!!

Hi!

1. Which two full days do you get the unlimited on if you stay one night? Example: If I check in on Friday @ 3pm and check out on Saturday morning, do I get the unlimited all day Friday and all day Saturday, even if my hotel room isn't ready until Friday afternoon?

2. Regarding the early hour access to HP, do you get that for both Friday and Saturday mornings in the above example?

We've currently got reservations at Disney for Sunday-Thursday (4 nights) and then we were going to switch to Universal for Thursday-Saturday (2 nights) so that we could do Universal on Friday & Saturday. However, Thursday we're doing the Mickey's Christmas Party, so it will be late when we leave and I'd love to be able to go back to our Disney resort that night but still get early access/unlimited at Universal for Friday/Saturday.

Yes..You get it for your check in and check out days..Your room does not have to be ready.You can check in super early in the am, stow luggage and get your express passes made and hit the parks.Early entry is the same

Yes..You get it for your check in and check out days..Your room does not have to be ready.You can check in super early in the am, stow luggage and get your express passes made and hit the parks.Early entry is the same

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!

I only see Unlimited Express on Universal's website. We only have a day there and plan to get the 1 day, 2 park ticket. I hate adding $79 per ticket. I'd rather a regular express, as we won't go on anything more than once. Where do you get those? Thanks.

ETA….I found it, it is an extra $46 per person. Do you think it is worth it? We will be there mid May.

I only see Unlimited Express on Universal's website. We only have a day there and plan to get the 1 day, 2 park ticket. I hate adding $79 per ticket. I'd rather a regular express, as we won't go on anything more than once. Where do you get those? Thanks.

ETA….I found it, it is an extra $46 per person. Do you think it is worth it? We will be there mid May.
Most of us recommend not buying it till you get to the park and see if you need it.They are NONREFUNDABLE, PARK SPECIFIC AND DATE SPECIFIC.You can buy them in the park if you get there and decide you need it

Most of us recommend not buying it till you get to the park and see if you need it.They are NONREFUNDABLE, PARK SPECIFIC AND DATE SPECIFIC.You can buy them in the park if you get there and decide you need it

Thank you….that is a good idea!

Mid-May is still pretty slow so I doubt you would need the EP during that time. You will definitely want to wait until you arrive and can see wait times first hand before shelling out the money. You can purchase EPs throughout both parks so don't wait in the line out front unless you've already decided to buy and still need park tickets.

Hi!

It's already been answered, but in case you like to look at official words, you can go to the website of any of the 3 deluxe hotels onsite, click Hotel Overview and FAQs. You'll see this:

Q: I realize check-in does not begin until 4:00 PM, but I wanted to use the Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass to skip the regular lines before that.

A: Please arrive as early as you like the day of check-in and our front desk agent will be happy to pre-register you and assist you with your Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass. The bellman will hold your luggage while you enjoy the parks.

Q: What days is the FREE Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass that serve as Express Access to skip the regular lines valid throughout my stay?

A: Your Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass is valid for Express Access (at participating attractions) from the time issued by the front desk until the Universal Orlando theme parks close, the day of your departure.

So, FWIW, if you don't have pre-party WDW plans, you *could* go check in nice and early to Universal, spend some time in the park on that day too, and then go to the party. Of course, that plus your original plans would require an extra day in the park. But I wanted to make sure you knew that from the moment of checkin (Thursday in your case) to park-close the day you check out you have those in-park privileges (assuming you do have tickets for those days).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter