Express Pass question

DiznyDeeDee

Earning My Ears
Is there a list of what rides you can use the Express Pass on and is it worth the extra cost?

We are going next week. :confused3

Is there a list of what rides you can use the Express Pass on and is it worth the extra cost?

The FOTL pass at US/IOA is valid on all rides EXCEPT Rip Ride Rocket, WWoHP Forbidden Journey, and Pteranodon Flyers. I think that is all. YES it is worth the extra money if the park is busy. It saves a lot of time. Although...check to see if any of the on site hotels have good rates during your time. If you can book a room for one night for your party...you get unlimited FOTL pass.

The Express Pass that you purchase in the park is good for one entry into the Express line at participating attractions per person. If you stay onsite at the 3 resorts, your room key gets you unlimited access to all participating rides and attractions. The purchased one time use Express in the park price varies per day (based on how busy the park is).

The only attractions that Express Plus passes are not accepted are: Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers in IOA and Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit at the Studios. I think it could be well worth it to purchase the EP but you should wait until you arrive and see how the lines are before making the decision to purchase. EPs are date specific and non-refundable.

The only attractions that Express Plus passes are not accepted are: Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers in IOA and Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit at the Studios. I think it could be well worth it to purchase the EP but you should wait until you arrive and see how the lines are before making the decision to purchase. EPs are date specific and non-refundable.

I think I will start adding Ollivander's to my standard response of which attractions don't take Express--that's been nagging me lately. I know, I need a life. :goodvibes

don't buy the express pass in advance.
wait until you are in the park.

if you go early, you will be able to hit some of the rides and attractions with a limited wait.
you can also use the single rider line.

when the lines for rides hit 15-20 minutes, then buy the epp.

once you buy the express passes, they are yours no matter what.
they are non refundable.

if you get to the park and after an hour it pours rain and continues through most of the day, people will leave the park.

you wouldn't need the express pass for that day then.

Me personally, I would never fork over the $70-$80 bucks that they were asking for them the last few weeks! I managed to do nearly every ride I wanted to go on without waiting more than 25 minutes too. If you get there early and are willing to do some single rider lines (for FJ) you can manage to get by. There is no way Universal is getting that extra money out of me.. :upsidedow

If you have a family of 4 and you were to shell out say $70 for each one of them to have the Express Pass, then you are also paying out for your hotel, you may as well stay onsite.. I have not stayed onsite in a few years. I have been going toooo often so I have opted to stay cheaper ;) But if you have to have FOLT/Express Pass.. the better deal is to stay onsite...

I agree with mcraven's approach. Get to the park when it first open. You can use the money on lunch because you will need it ;-).

I definitely think it is worth the extra money (the ride one ride each one at least). We used it in 2009 prior to the WWoHP and we got through both US and IOA in one day about 25 minutes prior to IOA closing. However this year we are opting for two days at the parks because of the high demand for WWoHP - but from what I'm reading on this board as well as others it'll probably work itself out to a day and a half that we'll be spending on Universal property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter