• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ExpoTV Users Stop In....

I'm in need of guidance!!

I just signed up for Expotv and i'm excited to start uploading videos! I would like some help as to "what to do, what not to do" and what i'm allowed to say, not allowed to say... etc.

Also, has anyone not gotten paid doing this?? After all, it's about the extra cash we can pick up, right?

Are all of you friends on expotv so you can watch each others reviews? I see that I can't give y'all my name on expotv so just let me know what I need to do to watch all of your reviews!

Thank you!

I'm in need of guidance!!

I just signed up for Expotv and i'm excited to start uploading videos! I would like some help as to "what to do, what not to do" and what i'm allowed to say, not allowed to say... etc.

Also, has anyone not gotten paid doing this?? After all, it's about the extra cash we can pick up, right?

Are all of you friends on expotv so you can watch each others reviews? I see that I can't give y'all my name on expotv so just let me know what I need to do to watch all of your reviews!

Thank you!

The only rules for Expo are to make sure it is at least a minute long, has good quality audio/video, and the item must be nationally available. That means it has to be in their database or you have to find a web link showing it's available nationally. Each month the maximum changes as does the pay schedule for some items. But you can make money. I've never got close to the max and I've made between 100-200 a month on it.

We are all friends on their to watch each other. You make a penny for each view, but they can add up.

The pennies sure do add up! I make $5-6 a month in views! Just give your honest opinion, make sure you show your face AND the product, have good lighting, good audio and good video and you should be all set!

I have been a member of ExpoTv since the end of July and have made 464 video's and have made $2,778. I have a few video's rejected, but you can always correct the problem and re-submit them. I only had a couple that were wrongly rejected, but when I e-mailed them about it, they accepted them.

If you read their terms and read some of the posts on the forum you will get a lot of help with what to do and not to do.

Good luck, it's a great way to make some extra money.

I have been a member of ExpoTv since the end of July and have made 464 video's and have made $2,778. I have a few video's rejected, but you can always correct the problem and re-submit them. I only had a couple that were wrongly rejected, but when I e-mailed them about it, they accepted them.

If you read their terms and read some of the posts on the forum you will get a lot of help with what to do and not to do.

Good luck, it's a great way to make some extra money.

WOW!!! I'm so impressed.

I just filmed my first review. Crest Whitestrips. Now... the fun part. Editing. I need to find a way how to make it smaller so I can upload it onto the website. I have Windows Movie Maker... will that work?

I know that's one of the editing packages they recommend, so it should work. I haven't used it b/c my camera films in a different format than Moviemaker accepts.:headache:

Moviemaker is what I use, it works perfectly for their site.

I think the problem is that I have Vista so my version of Windows Movie Maker is newer than they describe on their website. I try to do the "save as" thing they talk about but it doesn't work at all. It's getting to me. haha.

The pennies sure do add up! I make $5-6 a month in views! Just give your honest opinion, make sure you show your face AND the product, have good lighting, good audio and good video and you should be all set!

Last night I was watching videos on the macbook and little did I know I was watching your review!!! How funny!! It was one of the better reviews on the macbook I must say. I really want one and i'm just not sure about the selection and if i'm still getting a good product if I only spend 1000.00 which seems super cheap to me. haha.

Add me to the list! I added my first 3 videos last week & I'm uploading 4 today. Since this is my first month I didn't know if the promotions change every month so I've been trying to do all th $10.00 ones this month. I have a new kitchen so I was able to do all my appliances as well as our van & the baby's carseat.

Does anyone know what they mean when they say baby gear? That is worth $10.00 too & I didn't know exactly what it meant. Would a Pack & Play be gear?

My video went live already! Hooray!

How do I attach my paypal account to my expo account?

They send your payment to the email address you have on file with them. If it's the same as your paypal account address, there's nothing else you need to do. If it is not, then go to your paypal account and add the email address you use with expo as a subaccount under your paypal account. You can have several email addresses under one paypal account.

So what is the EXPO TV timeline? Is it too late to get things submitted for February? Do they pay during the month, or just once per month? I want to get an idea when would be the best time to submit things, if I have to hurry for this month, or jsut wait for march if we can't get them in for February anyway.

Any video uploaded before midnight EST of the last day of the month will fall under that month, even if it's not approved until the next month. They pay once a month usually starting around the 12-15th of the month. So, if you do get any uploaded before the end of the month, you'll get paid sometime in March, assuming they get approved. May be the middle, but could be towards the end of the month.

As fas as when is the best time to upload, try to avoid waiting until the very last minute. I've been guilty of waiting until the last minute the last 2 months and fortunately it didn't come back to get me. Some people have reported not being able to get theirs uploaded so late in the month because that is what so many other people do. Their system can get bogged down and really slow things up.

I would go ahead and try some for this month. That way, you get the bugs worked out, make sure your audio/video are in sync and make sure you have good quality. Then, once March gets here, you have the whole month to work with.

Just signed up for Expo TV myself! Any thoughts on using a webcam? I have a Mac computer that has a camera and mic built in. Anybody ever use this method for uploading videos to Expo?:confused3

I think this would be a great idea to get some moola put back for Disney!

I use my built in isight on my mac with imovie HD and have NO problems!

If you have any questions shoot me a PM!!!

Thanks a mil! Have hubby in on this! We have agreed any funds that come in from this goes in the Disney pot! We both have Macs so I am going to do a few first and then walk him through! Gonna try to do the 100 a month, cause I am impatient!

Just signed up for Expo TV myself! Any thoughts on using a webcam? I have a Mac computer that has a camera and mic built in. Anybody ever use this method for uploading videos to Expo?:confused3

I think this would be a great idea to get some moola put back for Disney!

i have done them both on a macbook, and using an external video camera, and using the mac is SO much easier, since everything is all built into one. i have had far less problems than a lot of other people have, and i chalk it up to the easiness of the process with the macbook :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter