• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Exploring the High Seas without the Magic- 9 Nights on RCI 8/4/11 Complete! 4/24!

How sad! Doesn't it just break you up when you find your kid has suffered, for any reason?

I better remember to NOT pack the tissues the last night! I'm gonna need them!

Have a fun trip this weekend! Drink lots!:thumbsup2

Yes- it does break me up- I am still so sad for them. But what was SO great about those friendships (for Tyler, at least) is that it made him much more social- and he joined facebook just to be able to keep in touch with those kids. Although, now- he has 5ooo friends just like everyone else out there.

I'm with Drea on this one. Nada..unless you count a family road trip to Texas. I can only imagine what the last night on the cruise it like. I'm sad on land but when there is a whole boat full of moppy people....oh vey! :confused3

From Kara's post are you going to plan a dis mom cruise next year too?

I don't think there's a DISmom cruise next year- but there is a Kara, Jeff , Ellen & Pods trip to Mexico planned. AND the Fantasy Eastern over NYE 2013. :banana:

Hello, I really enjoyed reading your trip report. You have a beautiful family and you and your DH look really happy together, which is so cool.

Only problem is after reading your report I am green with envy and have been looking at cruise options out of LA/SD for spring break - not good since I'm getting sacked from my job end of the month. :eek:

:hippie:

Thanks so much! :hug: We are usually a happy couple, we are definitely blessed. I always say it is because we were friends first. :lovestruc

So- did you go on a cruise??

I did read your last two updates yesterday morning but didn't get a chance to post.

I have to say that your cruise sounded like a big success, especially with the boys. What a wonderful way to spend 9 nights and be able to sail practically from your backyard. That's wonderful. I definitely need to look into that. I want to take Nick on a cruise next summer for his HS graduation, but he won't commit. So who is the cruise really for? Nick or ME??????:rotfl:

Glad your boys had such a great time and that they found so many great kids to hang out with.

Cruising is BY FAR my kids favorite vacation- they get to feel independent and hang with friends, while we get to have family time, too. Everyone is happy. Have you made any cruise plans for yourself? Does it fit in with your 3 baziliion other trips? :rotfl:

It took me a few days to get caught up and read through everything...but what a fabulous trip.
I am sad that Timmy didn't have a great time though, but he sure did a good job at faking it. What a sweety.

Hi Jen! Thank-you- Timmy is a really sweet kid. He just turned 13- sooooo sad!

:thumbsup2 I finally finished. If I've said it once, which I have, I'll say it again: your reports always leave me wanting to take a cruise. I've been on three in my much younger years and was never overly impressed but I think it really might be time to explore this further. Every time I look, the cost and he feeling of being rushed in port are what prevents me but you seemed to really be ale to enjoy it all. There are 5 of which makes everything considerably more spendy. I'd appreciate any direction with booking. :flower3: Great report. I'm sorry though Timmy had a rough go. :goodvibes

I think cruising has changed in a LOT of ways since yu went last (if that was when you were a kid). If you are really interested in doing it, we should talk sometime- I absolutely love to cruise, because it is soooo effortless- relaxing and yet entertaining as well. I love waking up somewhere new each day to explore. As far as feeling rushed in the port- well, I don't usually feel that way (except for the day in PR, but leaving at 1 was ridiculous) because I just look at it as getting a taste for a place rather than a full immersion. KWIM?

Okay, I'm caught up again and no finish! I want to hear about the best trip home evah!!!! :laughing: COME BACK, COME BACK!!!

Your poor boys! Both of 'em! I do hope it's better for Timmy next year!

Thank-you for kicking my butt into gear to finish! :worship: Everyday I have thought I need to finish this....but never did it.

We really need to meet this summer- I'll talk to Nikki- have they made any progress at all on the Earl in NYC?? I'm starting to believe it's an urban myth!

OMG you're going to WDW.... again? :rotfl2: Me too!!!!! Maybe I'll see you there?

Maybe......depends how much tequila we have on cinco de mayo......:scared1:

Quiet you two (Kara and Ellen)! How dare you be going to Disney again. :rotfl: Just kidding. I love that you go often and report back to all of us. Actually, we are going in a few weeks also. We are bad parents, pulling Sarah out of school right before the end of the year. Actually, it has ended up being a good strategy because we used it as a carrot to keep Sarah focused on her studies, "...if your grades go down between now and the trip we will need to stay home..." Her teachers are onboard with the idea so off we shall go. We are doing a split resort trip, spending three nights in the Treehouses with friends of ours and four nights at OKW.

That's great! There is nothing going on that last week of school anyway. It's just checking off mandated days on a calendar. Can't wait to hear about the treehouses!

Sarah and I did a girls' trip in an OKW studio a last year and really liked the resort (ok, I liked the resort, Sarah liked all the cute young boys walking about). Now Rob wants to visit there but in a one-bdrm, no studio for him. I am most excited though about staying in the treehouses. We have wanted to stay there since our first trip to WDW in 2000, long before they were DVC.

I love OKW, too- such a friendly, homey place. But who am I kidding- I haven't met ANY DVC I am not in love with! :rotfl: Have a blast!!

:thanks: We thank you!

:flower3: kate

You are sooo welcome! I'm just glad you still wanted to read it! Now just one more TR to finish before the DISmom trip.....:dance3:

Maybe......depends how much tequila we have on cinco de mayo......:scared1:

tequila? NO WAY! I'll be the one in the corner sipping the proverbial chocolate milk through a curly straw :angel:

Can't believe it's less than two weeks away!!!!! party:

Thank you Tyler!!!! I'm very happy you took care of my guavaberry so I can make yummy guavaberry coladas this summer!!!!

Another great Ellen Trip Report! Thank you so much for sharing this vacation. It was absolutely an amazing trip. The boys are getting so grown up and handsome. That Tyler just kills me. He is too cool in some of the pictures. lol. And Timmy just wants to have fun.

Hope you have tons of fun on the DIS Mom's trip and can't wait to read the report! Take Care Ellen!

Great TR, I like reading your TR's, hoping you write one from the Dream when you return! I can't believe how close you are to the port in NJ, that must've been nice! My friend did this same trip last week. The Explorer looks like a fun ship, hope to try it someday!

Cheryl

OMG you're going to WDW.... again? :rotfl2: Me too!!!!! Maybe I'll see you there?
send me a post card :rotfl2:

I know I haven't finished- I promise I will!!! This week if not today- I know I keep on using the I'm so busy excuse...but really I have been so busy!!!! But I'll do my best!!:thumbsup2 Actually, I am in the middle of an update on my BCV TR right now- have to finish that and this before I leave for WDW May 4th!!
your arm hurting... from rubbing it in lol

But first we had to go to the world's worst breakfast.
I think it became even worse after hearing about the flush o' matic issues your table mates had eww:eek:

Kara- see Tyler? He was totally schlepping your guavaberry home!
I love when a see kids carry the alcohol. makes me feel like im ok as a parent when I make them carry mine LMAO

Tyler was looking VERY depressed. And when we passed a girl I thought looked familiar- well, she didn't look any better, either. :sad1:
I later found out she was his first girlfriend. :hug:
aww I remember vacation boyfriends were the best. E wont let me have one now :sad2:

So how does everyone feel about cruising on Explorer again? Are we going in 2013 like we said??
Ummm...no. :sad1: But don't be sad!! It's just because we have other EVEN MORE FABULOUS plans! In 2013, we have decided to cruise over New Year's Eve on the Fantasy with Crazy Kara and family!!
Cant wait to read that trip report

:yay: I am going to book it in 12 days onboard the Dream!!
ya ya ya

And in August, 2013, we'll be going to OBX (hopefully) with Pods' bro and family. (For some reason they aren't willing to commit to a vacation about a year and a half away. SHEESH). And in 2014....well, in August, if the Magic is back in NYC, then we'll be sailing on her- and if she's not? It will be back to the PORTside corner aft deck 10 cabin on Explorer of the Seas.
you guys need to make a trip out to the West Side someday. you know visit lil ol me.. we have Mickey here too you know :idea:

Thanks for reading- and for letting me take 3 months to write my last post. :)
geez could you take longer :rolleyes1 lol

Happy vacationing-
well thats none of us, are you talking to you and Kara.. ya BITTER party of 1 right here LOL:sad1:

Can't believe it's less than two weeks away!!!!! party:

SINGLE DIGITS BABY!!!! :dancer::dancer:party:party::dancer::dancer:

Thank you Tyler!!!! I'm very happy you took care of my guavaberry so I can make yummy guavaberry coladas this summer!!!!

Yes- he likes his payment in small bills, please- you know, for serving as your mule. :lmao:

Another great Ellen Trip Report! Thank you so much for sharing this vacation. It was absolutely an amazing trip. The boys are getting so grown up and handsome. That Tyler just kills me. He is too cool in some of the pictures. lol. And Timmy just wants to have fun.

Hope you have tons of fun on the DIS Mom's trip and can't wait to read the report! Take Care Ellen!

You are so welcome Chris!! I can't wait until you are IN one of my TRs!! :yay:

Great TR, I like reading your TR's, hoping you write one from the Dream when you return! I can't believe how close you are to the port in NJ, that must've been nice! My friend did this same trip last week. The Explorer looks like a fun ship, hope to try it someday!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl- there will definitely be a TR from the dream- look for DISMOMS 4 and you'll find it! :) Thanks for reading and for the kind words- :hug:

ANd it was the BEST being so close to the port-that's why I would love to do it again-well, part of why, anyway!!

Great ending to your cruise TR! It really sounded like a blast.

You have to tell me what week you are going to OBX in August 2013 because we are definitely going to OBX next summer too! Nick has requested an OBX beach house as opposed to a cruise. silly boy! :rotfl: But that just means Denny and I will be taking our first Disney cruise in fall of 2013 after he leaves for school.

I am definitely thinking early August for OBX because its hard to know when he will be leaving for school in the fall simply because I have no idea where he will be attending school. It would be cool if our trips overlapped!

Your NYE cruise sounds like a BLAST!!!!!!! Happy planning and enjoy your next girls getaway!

send me a post card :rotfl2:

your arm hurting... from rubbing it in lol

well thats none of us, are you talking to you and Kara.. ya BITTER party of 1 right here LOL:sad1:

OMG......You are SOOOOOOO funny!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: It's nice to know that your vacation boyfriends were the BEST, but I am so sorry to hear E won't let you have one now.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously- that one made me laugh for 5 minutes.

And as far as that left coast is concerned, and the "other" Mickey....

I am doing my best to fit DL into a vacation in 2013. It has been making me CRAZY that I have never been to DL!! (I had my chance years ago and my GF I was visiting in LA talked me out of it. SO STUPID!!!) As it turns out, after I wrote all that about OBX...well, my SIL sent me a text saying they couldn't go next year, and we would rather go there with a group....SOOOO...we are either doing a cruise, Beaches in Turks & Caicos, OR going to Cali next summer, and right now, my kids are leaning towards Cali.

I hope you will be around the first week of August 2013-because I will be COUNTING ON meeting YOU! :hug: :yay:

Great ending to your cruise TR! It really sounded like a blast.

You have to tell me what week you are going to OBX in August 2013 because we are definitely going to OBX next summer too! Nick has requested an OBX beach house as opposed to a cruise. silly boy! :rotfl: But that just means Denny and I will be taking our first Disney cruise in fall of 2013 after he leaves for school.

I am definitely thinking early August for OBX because its hard to know when he will be leaving for school in the fall simply because I have no idea where he will be attending school. It would be cool if our trips overlapped!

Your NYE cruise sounds like a BLAST!!!!!!! Happy planning and enjoy your next girls getaway!

Well....as of last night, OBX is postponed- until our family can join us. So, SORRY! But I think we may be going to DL instead. My kids would be the opposite of Nick- they would request a cruise over a beach house any day of the week! The only thing swaying them to want an OBX vacation was that their cousins were coming. But we would have stayed in Corolla Light again- you should check that community out, they have a lot more to offer than the surrounding developments (like the amazing pools, basketball, volleyball, shuffleboard, teen poker tournaments, etc.). Although I know you stayed near there the last time you went, so were you thinking of Duck this time?

Well...that was because we put our luggage in the van at 10 am at the port, and at 10:30 am....we took our luggage out of our van at home. :dance3:

We are doing the Magic NYC-Bahamas cruise on June 2. I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to this!!! Hop in a cab and we're home. :love:

Thank-you for kicking my butt into gear to finish! :worship: Everyday I have thought I need to finish this....but never did it.

We really need to meet this summer- I'll talk to Nikki- have they made any progress at all on the Earl in NYC?? I'm starting to believe it's an urban myth!

:laughing: Your welcome!! And yes! Earl is OPEN. It's in mid-town...55th? Or somewhere around there. It is teeeeeny. There are 5 barstools against a small counter at the window, that is it! We have eaten there a few times, but twice we haven't even gotten to all sit down! It's kinda ridiculous.

But delicious.

And yes! We really should meet up! I have been meaning to put together a NE DIS meet someday, but just haven't. I just saw Nikki the other day, we are both running a booth for our travel agency next week too! Anyway, it's on my radar to do a big meet...I'll get to it eventually. :rotfl:

ENJOY your trip in just a few days!!!

So sad to see your cruise come to an end.

I agree the Explorer is a great ship. We had a great cruise on her to Bermuda in 2008. And, yes, that is definitely the WORST breakfast oon any ship!

Can't wait to hear about your Dream cruise! Assuming there will be a TR...:yay:

Thanks for finishing up. I hate the last day too. And I swear they make the breakfast food just a bit blah to either make you more depressed or to get you off the ship faster.

You have another TR going? I'm so behind the times. I'm gonna have to go find it.

I can't wait either Ellen. One day soon our paths will cross while we are at WDW or cruising :rolleyes1.

But it seems we are always just missing each other for now. We will be back down to WDW in 24 days to celebrate our birthdays. And I mean all four of our birthdays. We are all within 10 days of each other in May. 15, 16, 25, and 26. So me and my DH will actually be at Disney for our birthdays this year. So excited about that. But we are really going down to celebrate Brooke turning 16 this year (my baby). And the girls love to go to Star Wars Days at DHS. We are leaving two days after Brooke gets out of school for the summer. It is gonna be a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter