• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Explicit or Clean: Which version do you choose?

It depends, like I like Cee Lo Green's radio edit "Forget You", but I don't like the real explicit version.

Somehow Pitbull got his own sirius xm station. It's all Pitbull all the time.
DH got a new Ford Escape last weekend and it came with 6 months of Sirius for free. I was going through the channels and rolled my eyes at that one. Lol

Has anyone heard the G-rated Radio Disney version of "All About That Base"? I was shopping in Kohl's and it came on over the muzak. O-M-G it was the worst thing ever! Apparently. Disney didn't want Meghan Trainor to sing about her booty so they made her change the lyrics! Of course she did to make it onto Radio Disney.

http://mic.com/articles/100272/the-g-rated-version-of-all-about-that-bass-totally-misses-the-point
Haven't heard it, but there is nothing wrong with the original. We bought that on iTunes a long time ago. Lol

Somehow Pitbull got his own sirius xm station. It's all Pitbull all the time.

Yeah its on Channel 4. Which used to be the station for 40's music(Tommy Dorsey Bing Crosby). Imagine the rude awakening for those long time fans to click on that channel expecting some Glenn Miller and get Pitbull instead. :scared: :scared1:

If the artist puts out a clean version and depending on song I will choose it. If its a "Beeped Out" version I won't get it. Beeped out versions of songs is like watching Showgirls on TBS and how they "paint" tops on the dancers :rotfl2:

For instance I have explicit version of "1985" by Bowling for Soup because the one swear word isn't all that bad. Plus clean version is bleeped
I have the clean version of Some Nights by Fun because its catchy tune that my parents also like to listen to when I am driving.

Last edited:
A one-time word in a song isn't even a blip on my radar. Some Nights, Uptown Funk, Honey I'm Good...all great songs on our playlist. :) It's the songs that repeat those words in every verse that I like to avoid, when possible.

A one-time word in a song isn't even a blip on my radar. Some Nights, Uptown Funk, Honey I'm Good...all great songs on our playlist. :) It's the songs that repeat those words in every verse that I like to avoid, when possible.
which is when I would just avoid ths somg. Bleeping words does not get rid of them in your head. Plus if the artist is offensive to you why support them.

I had no idea that you could choose .... we get the original versions here on the radio and tv and I prefer it that way

which is when I would just avoid ths somg. Bleeping words does not get rid of them in your head. Plus if the artist is offensive to you why support them.
I don't own any bleeped out songs. In fact, I think the number of "clean" songs I own is two, maybe 3, tops. If an artist does two versions of a song to reach a broader audience, I am happy to support that. Just because I don't care to hear some words constantly repeated doesn't necessarily mean I think an artist isn't worth supporting. There are tons of artists I support who have lyrics I don't like. I simply buy the songs I do like, and bypass the ones I don't. Easy peasy. :)

I just purchased my JAM called Good Thing feat Nick Jonas

Got the clean version because I don't care what the "artist intended"I intend to jam out with no curses

Awesome song

I don't own any bleeped out songs. In fact, I think the number of "clean" songs I own is two, maybe 3, tops. If an artist does two versions of a song to reach a broader audience, I am happy to support that. Just because I don't care to hear some words constantly repeated doesn't necessarily mean I think an artist isn't worth supporting. There are tons of artists I support who have lyrics I don't like. I simply buy the songs I do like, and bypass the ones I don't. Easy peasy. :)

You keep defending your position so hard when you don't have to I agree with you 100%

I don't care if I hear a song with the words muted I like the beat I just don't want to hear the words - simple as that I like the musi not the words and don't care to hear them.

They offer the clean version for a reason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter