• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Explain OBB to me like I am a 2 year old...

Fsudisney

Mouseketeer
Ok, I know this may have been answered before but not sure how to find it. The FAQ thread has info back from 2012 so not sure if that's up to date.
I have heard something about transferring reservations when onboard to get the OBB discount and OBC.
Since opening day is tomorrow for me and I am cruising in 37 days is it better for me to book a 2017 cruise tomorrow at opening day prices or wait and get an OBB?
Can you book at opening day prices and then transfer that cruise while onboard to get 10% off the opening day price?

Ok, I know this may have been answered before but not sure how to find it. The FAQ thread has info back from 2012 so not sure if that's up to date.
I have heard something about transferring reservations when onboard to get the OBB discount and OBC.
Since opening day is tomorrow for me and I am cruising in 37 days is it better for me to book a 2017 cruise tomorrow at opening day prices or wait and get an OBB?
Can you book at opening day prices and then transfer that cruise while onboard to get 10% off the opening day price?
The Onboard booking is done during a cruise. If you already have a reservation, you can't "switch" to an OBB for it. It would be considered a cancellation, and rebooking.

Sometimes, you can book a cruise (say, on opening day), and then, if you take a cruise (already booked) shortly after that, you can "reshop" the cruise. If the OBB with perks comes out cheaper than the booking you already have, you can cancel and rebook getting the OBB perks. If not, then you've saved money by already having the future cruise booked.

OBB prices (and applicable discounts) are at the prevailing rate on the day you book them onboard. You can't apply the OBB perks to an already existing reservation.

The Onboard booking is done during a cruise. If you already have a reservation, you can't "switch" to an OBB for it. It would be considered a cancellation, and rebooking.

Sometimes, you can book a cruise (say, on opening day), and then, if you take a cruise (already booked) shortly after that, you can "reshop" the cruise. If the OBB with perks comes out cheaper than the booking you already have, you can cancel and rebook getting the OBB perks. If not, then you've saved money by already having the future cruise booked.

OBB prices (and applicable discounts) are at the prevailing rate on the day you book them onboard. You can't apply the OBB perks to an already existing reservation.

Thank you! The reshopping is what I was thinking of!

You will need to put down two deposits if you book opening day and then rebook that cruise onboard.

It's a great way to book and get some benefits for your next cruise while saving some hard earned cash, 10% depending on the cruise. That's what we call savings. Lol

Thanks all! If you do an OBB, how do they determine your OBC? Is it length of the new cruise you are booking? What are the OBC's typically?

Thanks all! If you do an OBB, how do they determine your OBC? Is it length of the new cruise you are booking? What are the OBC's typically?
Based on (new) cruise length. I believe it's $200 for cruises of 7 nights and longer, and $100 for less than 7 nights.

See Jane book cruse
Book Jane Book!

See Jane get onboard credit
Credit Jane Credit!

;-)

That is literally how I understand it!

If you "reshop" and then cancel/book the same cruise (while on the cruise) will you loose your stateroom? We want a particular category that is limited and don't want to loose it.

We are already booked for the Wonder in Jan 2016 and I'm afraid if we wait till then the 8A on the Dream will be gone.

If you "reshop" and then cancel/book the same cruise (while on the cruise) will you loose your stateroom? We want a particular category that is limited and don't want to loose it.

We are already booked for the Wonder in Jan 2016 and I'm afraid if we wait till then the 8A on the Dream will be gone.
Maybe. Often the CM doing the cancel/rebook can snag the same room.

Well I bit the bullet and went ahead and booked a Feb 2017 today and will reshop when onboard this November to see if it's a better deal!

Maybe. Often the CM doing the cancel/rebook can snag the same room.

We did this when using a TA for a B2B cruise (this was when you could use OBB benefits for both legs of B2B). The stateroom category we had booked originally was sold out on one of the legs, so the CM booked one leg in the original category and the other leg in one that was similar. Left the ship with 2 B2B cruises booked for the same time. The TA was able to move the new reservations to the original room, and the cancelled the old reservation. The price of one of the OBB reservation changed slightly since one leg ended up in a different category than we were able to book online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter