EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I agree with this. We opted for QS dining, and skip sit down meals altogether this time around. We have generally not had a problem using up the QS credits, but only because I have growing boys who will eat their own plus everybody else's leftovers. OOP costs us a fortune! I think if it were just my husband and me, then I'd just go OOP entirely - way too much food for me on the dining plan.

I have to agree with that. DH and I can eat only on CL and be perfectly satisfied. There are so many good options with QS...

DDP is really expensive. You can have more than enough by just paying OOP when you need more/different food.

We are thinking of staying Poly CL in June (assuming pool will be finished), I am wondering what the Lagoon View will be like with the new Tiki Huts??

We've stayed CL Garden View, but never Lagoon View!

Thanks!!

We are thinking of staying Poly CL in June (assuming pool will be finished), I am wondering what the Lagoon View will be like with the new Tiki Huts??

We've stayed CL Garden View, but never Lagoon View!

Thanks!!

We stayed Lagoon View in Hawaii earlier this month, and it will certainly be different in June, but here's a photo from our ground floor room:

In the other direction, it was just the construction screen (which was very well done, I thought.) But we could definitely see the castle from our room and the bungalows did not obstruct our view of the fireworks or the castle at all. They did obstruct the view of the EWP a little. Again, we were on the ground floor, so higher floors may be different. We really enjoyed this room, and the view even with the construction, but we booked GV CL and received the upgrade to LV upon check-in.

Thank you so much!! It looks fabulous!!

We stayed Lagoon View in Hawaii earlier this month, and it will certainly be different in June, but here's a photo from our ground floor room:

In the other direction, it was just the construction screen (which was very well done, I thought.) But we could definitely see the castle from our room and the bungalows did not obstruct our view of the fireworks or the castle at all. They did obstruct the view of the EWP a little. Again, we were on the ground floor, so higher floors may be different. We really enjoyed this room, and the view even with the construction, but we booked GV CL and received the upgrade to LV upon check-in.

We are loving the IPO folks right now! We have been stuck in the airport all day with a cancelled flight and a cruddy reassignment and have had to twice cancel our dinner reservations. They were able to help us first find a new reservation across two parks and all the resorts near ours. We also had to cancel our fast passes for the afternoon, and about 20 minutes later, They called to let us know they had hooked us up with one for illuminations. In the end, we had to cancel that too, but we have been on and off the phone all day modifying flight, dinner, and fast pass plans, and the peace of mind they have been able to offer me has made a wretched travel day much easier.
We've never stayed CL before, but I think for this alone, I would stay CL again!

And to further that previous post- I just notice on the MDE app, that the reservation for tonight was not actually cancelled, so I just dialed the main WDW dining #. They disregarded the fact that I just a made the reservation through IPO and could not have had a fully day to cancel, and we're going to charge me the cancellation fee. After fighting with them, they checked with a manager, and then grudgingly will reimburse us for the cancellation fee. The IPO rep had previously told me that there is an option with last minute dining cancellations that if it is out of your control (like travel related delays) that they will make a note of it, and you will not be charged. WDW dining either did not know this, or wasn't going to offer. I am glad I knew better, and I will definitely not go through the main # for anything else!

I need some advice. So, we have put in our dining requests to IPO over a week ago and so far, one of the three requests has been booked. One of the restaurants we shouldn't have a problem finding a time, but the other, Sci Fi Dine in, randomly (from what we saw on disney's website) has had zero availability for the day we requested. Today I saw that a slot opened up, though it is a bit later than what we would have liked to book (close call to get to Fantasmic afterwards, res at 7:50pm). Do we book and ask IPO to change it if a better time opens up? Do we leave it and let them handle the booking? I don't want to be pushy but I am unsure of what to do! :confused3

Just got an email from IPO with the text number. Had a nice chat with Janice at the Grand.. Very excited!!! 6 sleeps!!!

Just got an email from IPO with the text number. Had a nice chat with Janice at the Grand.. Very excited!!! 6 sleeps!!!

Janice is first rate! She's has had extensive experience at the Royal Palm Club at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Hi All :wave2: I just booked my first CL stay and my first ever WL stay, yay! I have a quick question about the coffee in the lounge, do they offer real milk or half & half? I don't care for coffeemate type creamers. Thanks!

Hi All :wave2: I just booked my first CL stay and my first ever WL stay, yay! I have a quick question about the coffee in the lounge, do they offer real milk or half & half? I don't care for coffeemate type creamers. Thanks!

We have not stayed CL at the WL (We will in April - can't wait) but all the others that we stayed offered real milk. BC, YC, GF, and the BWI.

"Where Have All the Flowers Gone?"

For some reason, the beautiful flower arrangements which used to be placed strategically throughout the Grand Floridian Resort's Royal Palm Club have practically disappeared.

Another cost-cutting measure?

All the best. :thumbsup2

They have both milk and half & half in the lounge. Enjoy!

Dumb question time:

I have a non-morning-person in my group at AKL. If I want to go and get him coffee at the CL while he's showering, are there to-go cups? Being able to pre-caffeinate him will cut down on my morning prep time a lot and IIRC there aren't coffee makers in the rooms.

Dumb question time:

I have a non-morning-person in my group at AKL. If I want to go and get him coffee at the CL while he's showering, are there to-go cups? Being able to pre-caffeinate him will cut down on my morning prep time a lot and IIRC there aren't coffee makers in the rooms.

There should be to go cups out in the AKL lounge. I pick up coffee and bring it back to the room frequently when we are staying at AKL/CL. If for some reason you don't see cups, just ask a CM.
There are coffee makers in the room. They are the "pod" type.
Sometimes I bring along Starbucks VIA packets and just use the heated water from the in room maker. That works too.

There should be to go cups out in the AKL lounge. I pick up coffee and bring it back to the room frequently when we are staying at AKL/CL. If for some reason you don't see cups, just ask a CM.
There are coffee makers in the room. They are the "pod" type.
Sometimes I bring along Starbucks VIA packets and just use the heated water from the in room maker. That works too.

Thank you! Also, this confused the heck of me for a second because 'gwynne' is a handle I use on some other forums. :)

Thank you! Also, this confused the heck of me for a second because 'gwynne' is a handle I use on some other forums. :)
Glad I could help!
I could see where the name duplication would be oddly confusing. Great minds must think alike. :sunny:

Just returned from an extended CL stay - blizzard in the NE cancelled our return flight so we had a few extra days.
We have stayed at several different Club levels and have to say that WL is truly the best!! Huge shout out and thank you to all the cast members but especially Christine who truly went above and beyond to assist with the change in our plans and making the process smooth. She was wonderful!!!
Also Sam in housekeeping went above and beyond-- service like this is not often seen.
Planning our next trip back to the lodge!
LOVE these boards!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter