EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

It's not that I didn't like the CL at CR, It's that I didn't find much of a variety nor was there much out in quantity. Not sure if it's because the 14th floor lounge is smaller but compared to what we've experienced at the BC CL and now the YC CL, it was noticeably less. We also found they took away the beer and wine as soon as the desserts came out.

We noticed basically the same when we stayed a few years ago. The 14th floor was rather different from the 125th. We were there before the rehab, but in short our stay on that floor was our worst CL stay. Many of the problems we had that trip were sorta beyond CL - like many elevators being down the whole stay. I mean no matter which floor, only having two working elevators in CR is going to be a problem. The Nespresso machines are unreliable everywhere. They seem to be half working almost every trip we take! And Disney is slow to have them repaired. I can't figure that one!

Interesting...our 12th floor experiences at CR have been mixed. On our last stay, it really seemed to us like CR put out far less food than prior trips.

We only had a short stay at YC, but we too had decent food. I loved seeing olives, and late night snacks. I think the biggest trouble we had was some crowding in the am, and it was a bit chilly in the lounge. I don't like restaurants that are too cold.

Hi,

We are here this week (replying while waiting for Big Thunder Railroad) and we went to MNSSHP. We were worried that one of our days would get clicked off if we entered the party at 4. The lady at the entrance indicated the the MB readers at the Event entrances (open at 4) only scan party tix.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!! :)

Hi all! I was surprised to see that an AP discount is now available for our GF dates next month. We are, as usual, bouncing around the World with a multi-split stay among 4 hotels, but are staying two nights at GF in a non-CL room before we move over to the BC CL for the end of our trip.

It's an extra $250 a night for us. My husband has ALWAYS wanted to stay RPC, and I was thinking of surprising him. I have the money, but this trip is before Christmas and we could certainly use $500 for gifts, so I don't want to just carelessly spend $500 without really thinking it through, especially because we usually only stay CL if it's an extra $150 or so. I usually can justify that with the cost of drinks, breakfast, snacks, etc. for all 5 of us. Do you think the extra $100 for RPC is worth it? Is it far and above the best thing on property? We LOVE the GF and have stayed CL in Sugarloaf before, and loved that experience, but I'm wondering if an extra $100 is worth it for you seasoned CL go-ers. (We have done CL at all of the hotels so far except AKL and WL.)

what about Sugar Loaf??

I can't justify the $165./night over Sugar Loaf (then again, I haven't stayed at RPC) but from what I understand, the food is now the same in both Club Level areas and there is always someone working in SL..I don't mind it. It would be cool to hang upstairs and listen to the band..but since I am rarely just hanging in my room..not so much

I have a question about non-CL guests of CL guests. I have a friend who is an Orlando resident and will be joining us for dinner on a night that MK has regular Wishes. After our dinner I thought I might invite her to join us in the CR Atrium Lounge to view the fireworks as she has never had the chance to view them from that perspective. I doubt we would partake of the desserts if there are even any still out. Would I be allowed to bring her in or is that frowned upon? Thanks!

I have asked them to make changes twice. They were so nice, super flexible, and made my changes and got back to me right away. I have had nothing but good experiences with AKL CL so far.

That is really good to hear, since I am worried I am going to make all these plans and have Star Wars Weekends scheduling changes and events to add to it at the last minute.

I am however worried to hear some folks having issues with IPOs... I have never stayed CL before and I am a massive planner, so I am only expecting of the IPOs what I do for myself...

If that expectation is too high please let me know and I will be sure to make my changes once I have registered the originals.

what about Sugar Loaf??

I can't justify the $165./night over Sugar Loaf (then again, I haven't stayed at RPC) but from what I understand, the food is now the same in both Club Level areas and there is always someone working in SL..I don't mind it. It would be cool to hang upstairs and listen to the band..but since I am rarely just hanging in my room..not so much

Unfortunately, no SL availability with the AP discount. I would, without question, upgrade if there were.

This is a tough decision. We're scaling back our CL stays as we're not always finding value in them at certain resorts, but the GF is one that we love, and RPC is something we've always wanted to try. It seems like it would be extra magical to be in the building during the Christmas season, but it's also difficult to justify the $250 a night extra price tag unless we were planning to use the lounge quite a bit for snacks and drinks beyond breakfast….

I have a question about non-CL guests of CL guests. I have a friend who is an Orlando resident and will be joining us for dinner on a night that MK has regular Wishes. After our dinner I thought I might invite her to join us in the CR Atrium Lounge to view the fireworks as she has never had the chance to view them from that perspective. I doubt we would partake of the desserts if there are even any still out. Would I be allowed to bring her in or is that frowned upon? Thanks!

I can't totally comment on Atrium, but I was told by YC CL CM that my friend who was staying in a non-CL room was welcome upstairs if I ok'd her access. They even gave her a Welcome Drink because she was with me when I checked in (they even checked her into her room from CL)

Unfortunately, no SL availability with the AP discount. I would, without question, upgrade if there were.

This is a tough decision. We're scaling back our CL stays as we're not always finding value in them at certain resorts, but the GF is one that we love, and RPC is something we've always wanted to try. It seems like it would be extra magical to be in the building during the Christmas season, but it's also difficult to justify the $250 a night extra price tag unless we were planning to use the lounge quite a bit for snacks and drinks beyond breakfast….

well..you lost me at "christmas season" because, that might be worth it!!! So much going on in the main building then.

The only trouble I see, if this is the beginning of your stay, then you will be so sad to leave. I loved WLCL and YCCL, but they both pale in comparison with GLCL!

When does/should the IPO, at your selected resort, contact you? After you pay in full or after you book?

It varies person to person as some people get an email a day or two after they book, while others never hear from IPO. With that said, we have only stayed CL a few times, but I have always received a welcome email shortly after I booked. Some people email them right away just to introduce themselves and get things started if they have certain things they want IPO to do for them :).

Does anyone know if you are booked for YC CL and have requested a king bed and they don't have one, can the front desk CM look at BC CL for a king and possibly switch you next door? Just curious if anyone has experienced this before. Thanks.

I don't know the answer, but it never hurts to ask upon check in if a king isn't available at the YC :).

Hi all! I was surprised to see that an AP discount is now available for our GF dates next month. We are, as usual, bouncing around the World with a multi-split stay among 4 hotels, but are staying two nights at GF in a non-CL room before we move over to the BC CL for the end of our trip.

It's an extra $250 a night for us. My husband has ALWAYS wanted to stay RPC, and I was thinking of surprising him. I have the money, but this trip is before Christmas and we could certainly use $500 for gifts, so I don't want to just carelessly spend $500 without really thinking it through, especially because we usually only stay CL if it's an extra $150 or so. I usually can justify that with the cost of drinks, breakfast, snacks, etc. for all 5 of us. Do you think the extra $100 for RPC is worth it? Is it far and above the best thing on property? We LOVE the GF and have stayed CL in Sugarloaf before, and loved that experience, but I'm wondering if an extra $100 is worth it for you seasoned CL go-ers. (We have done CL at all of the hotels so far except AKL and WL.)

As a pp said, you are the only one who can make that decision as worth is subjective and is different for everyone. With that said, I think RPC is amazing and the extra cost would be worth it to me (especially at Christmas time). The GF (IMO) is great to begin with, but I think RPC is just amazing. The lounge is large and spacious with plenty of seating, the food offerings are great, and the CL CMs are wonderful and are always willing to help with anything a guest might need. If the extra cost is doable without putting a strain on other expenses, I would give it a try. Having stayed GF RPC, GF SL, and WL CL, RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second (I didn't care for SL). If you will be spending time at the resort, I think RPC is a great place to relax and enjoy the surroundings. Good luck with your decision :wizard:.

I would ask a CL CM on the day you want your friend to visit. I've never done it, but I have read of others having a non-CL guest in the lounge of their resort ;).

We have had some great input on people's experience with one or the other but are there people out there that can compare these two resorts and say which and why.
Thank you!
A

We have had some great input on people's experience with one or the other but are there people out there that can compare these two resorts and say which and why.
Thank you!
A

AKL CL rooms are quite a bit smaller than the GF, and can be a far distance from the lounge. There is no designated club level area or floor, CL rooms are mixed in throughout the resort with non-CL rooms. Because of this you don't get the exclusive location with keyed entry. Rooms on either side of your could be non-CL guests, there's no way of knowing. We noticed on more than one occasion our room wasn't setup with CL amenities. I don't blame the mousekeepers completely because I'm sure it's hard for them to know if a CL or non-CL guest is staying in a particular room. That's got to be confusing. Same with turndown service, it was hit and miss. At the other deluxe resorts the mousekeepers assigned to a club floor or club building would surely have a much easier time because every room has the same amenities.

The main building (GF RPC) is the ultimate in exclusivity and luxury. Every room and suite in the building is club level and only accessible by key. There's a reason they put celebrities and political leaders there, it is very private with very little mixing with non-CL guests. The rooms are large and unique. There are different floorplans and layouts due to the shape of the building itself so you don't have the long corridors of cookie cutter shaped rooms like you do at AKL.

Comparing the lounges I would definitely say the RPC has a more upscale variety of food and drink offerings, as well as more seating. Comparing the resorts of course the GF is right next to MK and has the monorail service to Epcot. AKL isn't close to anything except AK and every place you go you'll have to take a bus, or a car if you have one.

Finally, the price difference is huge!! You'll probably pay double or triple the nightly room rate for the GF RPC over AKL CL.

I'm 42 days away from our first stay club level. We are staying at the Beach Club. Can someone give me a brief overview of that floor? How large is it? Will my kids (11 & 14) be able to access the lounge on their own? Will they get lost? Never staying at BC before I just don't know what to expect. Thank you

I'm 42 days away from our first stay club level. We are staying at the Beach Club. Can someone give me a brief overview of that floor? How large is it? Will my kids (11 & 14) be able to access the lounge on their own? Will they get lost? Never staying at BC before I just don't know what to expect. Thank you

They should be fine. Here's the floor plan:

bcfloorplan_zps5c0311d1.png

So basically it's just one hallway with two very short halls off of it. Even if they accidentally turned down one of these halls they'd know in a few seconds they went the wrong way.

Just wanted to add that we are exactly in the same position for our January stay. It's a split between AKL CL/GF CL/Poly CL. We initially planned to stay RPC at GF. Then when the "real numbers" came out via Visa and then AP discounts, I had to make a final decision. We've stayed at all the deluxe resorts except for GF, so we have no personal experience to rely upon. And the difference in cost between RPC and SL is approx $150/night for two nights. I feel the same way you do - yes, that's within budget, but do I want to spend it? And will I feel like it's a good value?

Here's why we switched to SL:

1. Honestly, as great as the RPC lounge sounds, we have three boys and we're not going to spend much time there. I have these visions of sitting in the RPC lounge peacefully overlooking the lagoon, but that's not really going to happen. The only club lounge where all three of my kids actually stay put for long is Poly. Otherwise, it's good for a few minutes and convenient access to breakfast and snacks.

2. I like smaller buildings with fewer levels. That's one of the reasons we enjoy Poly. Just not as much a fan of resorts with big main buildings, which makes me think SL might be a better fit.

3. I'm not sure I'd be crazy about the band and the main lobby action. I understand why many really love it there, but I like that SL is a bit more removed from the action. I'm also not a fan of the smell in the main lobby, but maybe that's in all the buildings. I understand it can get crowded in the SL lounge, but we're going during value season, so hopefully it's not too bad.

4. I like the fact that SL is near the pool. I'm not planning on swimming in January, but at least our youngest son will be! So easy pool access is a benefit for us.

5. This is even more subjective than all the other reasons, but based on my reading, I think we'll prefer the vibe at SL. The whole concept of RPC exclusivity is more of a negative for me. We travel a lot, one might call me super picky about where we stay and eat, and I love a good upscale resort that, for lack of a better phrase, doesn't try too hard. Example: a resort in Mexico that was fabulous, but the words "premium" and "luxury" were so prevalent that it was comical. :) That's part of the reason that I'll always choose Four Seasons, Kimpton or a fun boutique hotel over Ritz Carlton. Anyway, I could be completely wrong, but just based on what I've read about RPC, it might bug me. But it might not.

Still considering RPC for a night sometime, but just feeling like SL is the way to go for this trip . . . at least right now. Maybe others will chime in and I'll change my mind!

Good luck with your decision!!!

Hi. My name is Bethany and I'm officially spoiled by CL at WDW.

It started innocently enough; a 4-night trip this past June to celebrate the 30th birthday of a loved one. "Let's stay CL at BC," I said. "There's a great AP discount available and it's *only* four nights!"

And so it began.

This summer's 10-day trip was spent staying CL at the glorious AKL. (R.I.P. Sunrise Safari. :() It was wonderful. It was amazing. I couldn't wait to go back.

When the late winter room only discounts were announced, planning a trip was a total no-brainer. We have AP's and flights are totally cheap. "Let's do this one on a budget," I said. "It will be fine."

Reservations were made for a preferred room at POR. I've stayed there a few times and really like the resort. But then...news came: a new job that *gasp* pays more! So what's the first thing I did? Added an extra day onto the trip and upgraded to CL at WL. :dance3:

Is there a cure for the apparent CL sickness I've developed? Or should I just give in and go with it?

BWI alert: A quartet of twenty-somethings, two of which prefer walking barefoot on fruit loops in the Innkeeper's Club lounge, have arrived. One of the new guests prefers the barefoot approach with a bathrobe at breakfast. Think "Walking Dead" meets "Clueless."

Unfortunately, WDW rarely enforces its dress code policy (except at V&A's).

All the best. :thumbsup2

Hi. My name is Bethany and I'm officially spoiled by CL at WDW.

It started innocently enough; a 4-night trip this past June to celebrate the 30th birthday of a loved one. "Let's stay CL at BC," I said. "There's a great AP discount available and it's *only* four nights!"

And so it began.

This summer's 10-day trip was spent staying CL at the glorious AKL. (R.I.P. Sunrise Safari. :() It was wonderful. It was amazing. I couldn't wait to go back.

When the late winter room only discounts were announced, planning a trip was a total no-brainer. We have AP's and flights are totally cheap. "Let's do this one on a budget," I said. "It will be fine."

Reservations were made for a preferred room at POR. I've stayed there a few times and really like the resort. But then...news came: a new job that *gasp* pays more! So what's the first thing I did? Added an extra day onto the trip and upgraded to CL at WL. :dance3:

Is there a cure for the apparent CL sickness I've developed? Or should I just give in and go with it?
Ya once you try CL it is hard to stop:)

Ya once you try CL it is hard to stop:)

No kidding!

My first CL stay was this week last year and while I have been to the World several times since, 3 have been CL!! It's like a drug..a wonder, frosting covered drug!

And someone should really warn you about GFCL..It would be impossible to go back to a normal GF room after it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter