EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Quick question about SugarLoaf. Are there first floor rooms that have a sliding glass door on the balcony? What is the balcony like? I guess my real question is, if we were to get a first floor room.. can the "back" door be used to go out to and from the pool for the kids without having to walk through the A/Ced halls?? Thank you!

Stayed there almost 2 years ago. We had a first for our room. We would have to lock her some questions but it is possible. Our room had of the marina.

sorry - I was out of town. That room is literally down the hall from the lounge. You walk out the door, turn left and the lounge is right across the lobby walk. no long hallway walking!
No need to apologize! I've been so busy finalizing our schedule after making fast passes that I haven't been on the boards in about a week.
Thank you so much for your suggestion sounds perfect. I'll be calling tomorrow to make my request. ;)

Can't believe that I was so nervous to stay at the YC CL especially after reading some not so great reviews.

We're here now and everything has been wonderful. All the CL CM's have been great, the lounge offerings have been very good and plentiful (better than that of the CR CL lounge). And most importantly, we haven't had any issues whatsoever in getting alcoholic drinks whenever we've asked and we don't feel like we're being "monitored" at all.

Can't believe that I was so nervous to stay at the YC CL especially after reading some not so great reviews.

We're here now and everything has been wonderful. All the CL CM's have been great, the lounge offerings have been very good and plentiful (better than that of the CR CL lounge). And most importantly, we haven't had any issues whatsoever in getting alcoholic drinks whenever we've asked and we don't feel like we're being "monitored" at all.

Good to hear!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!! Sounds like you are having a great time:goodvibes

Good to hear!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!! Sounds like you are having a great time:goodvibes

Thank you. We got yet another surprise last night when we got back to our room from spending the evening at Epcot. We walked in to find a table set up with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (I posted a pic over at the YC/BC thread).

We've had to pinch ourselves a few times to make sure we weren't dreaming...this trip has been amazing!!

Can't believe that I was so nervous to stay at the YC CL especially after reading some not so great reviews. We're here now and everything has been wonderful. All the CL CM's have been great, the lounge offerings have been very good and plentiful (better than that of the CR CL lounge). And most importantly, we haven't had any issues whatsoever in getting alcoholic drinks whenever we've asked and we don't feel like we're being "monitored" at all.

Good to hear :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you. We got yet another surprise last night when we got back to our room from spending the evening at Epcot. We walked in to find a table set up with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (I posted a pic over at the YC/BC thread).

We've had to pinch ourselves a few times to make sure we weren't dreaming...this trip has been amazing!!

Oh I am heading over to look at your pic now! Thanks

Okay, I have a question for the Disney professionals that isn't exactly CL related, but sorta since I will be staying CL. LOL I have 10 day tickets, but we will be there more than 10 days.. so I bought party tickets for both parties to give us something else to do on two of the nights.. the 31st mnsshp and the 16th mvmcp. I also have MM and want to use it on the 31st at mnsshp, but do NOT want to activate my (10 day) tickets until the 2nd so that they last us through the end of our stay.

Does anyone know if I will be able to "activate" my MM to use at the party on the 31st without risking somehow having activated my park tickets? Is there somewhere I can go to ensure that all goes smoothly and correctly?

We requested a king bed at the YC last month and got one, but it wasn't CL, we were booked for non-CL water view. I wondered if this room had a special name, it was extra large with a wet bar, maybe this is extended? I have no idea. I do have pics though if you're interested: https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/mini-report-from-the-yacht-club

Thank you for your reply. We stayed in that exact room on a prior stay and LOVED it! The CM called it an "extended king." Hoping there is a similar one on CL floor. Thank you for your pics and note :)

Does anyone know if you are booked for YC CL and have requested a king bed and they don't have one, can the front desk CM look at BC CL for a king and possibly switch you next door? Just curious if anyone has experienced this before. Thanks.

Okay, I have a question for the Disney professionals that isn't exactly CL related, but sorta since I will be staying CL. LOL I have 10 day tickets, but we will be there more than 10 days.. so I bought party tickets for both parties to give us something else to do on two of the nights.. the 31st mnsshp and the 16th mvmcp. I also have MM and want to use it on the 31st at mnsshp, but do NOT want to activate my (10 day) tickets until the 2nd so that they last us through the end of our stay.

Does anyone know if I will be able to "activate" my MM to use at the party on the 31st without risking somehow having activated my park tickets? Is there somewhere I can go to ensure that all goes smoothly and correctly?

we had MNSSHP tickets last year and we had the actual hard card still. So you could go into the park without using the theme park tickets. I don't know if they have comingled the Party tickets with the MB's yet. They weren't able to do it last year.

Just wondering what you didn't like about CR CL.

It's not that I didn't like the CL at CR, It's that I didn't find much of a variety nor was there much out in quantity. Not sure if it's because the 14th floor lounge is smaller but compared to what we've experienced at the BC CL and now the YC CL, it was noticeably less. We also found they took away the beer and wine as soon as the desserts came out.

we had MNSSHP tickets last year and we had the actual hard card still. So you could go into the park without using the theme park tickets. I don't know if they have comingled the Party tickets with the MB's yet. They weren't able to do it last year.

Okay.. thank you! I guess we'll find out when we get there. :)

We loved the CR CL lounge but it was our 1st time CL so we had nothing to compare it to. We will be at BC CL for 10 nights next month and I can't wait to see what they have to offer!!

Hi all! I was surprised to see that an AP discount is now available for our GF dates next month. We are, as usual, bouncing around the World with a multi-split stay among 4 hotels, but are staying two nights at GF in a non-CL room before we move over to the BC CL for the end of our trip.

It's an extra $250 a night for us. My husband has ALWAYS wanted to stay RPC, and I was thinking of surprising him. I have the money, but this trip is before Christmas and we could certainly use $500 for gifts, so I don't want to just carelessly spend $500 without really thinking it through, especially because we usually only stay CL if it's an extra $150 or so. I usually can justify that with the cost of drinks, breakfast, snacks, etc. for all 5 of us. Do you think the extra $100 for RPC is worth it? Is it far and above the best thing on property? We LOVE the GF and have stayed CL in Sugarloaf before, and loved that experience, but I'm wondering if an extra $100 is worth it for you seasoned CL go-ers. (We have done CL at all of the hotels so far except AKL and WL.)

Can anyone tell me any of the appetizers offered in the Gf cl lounge? We are in the main building. Thanks!! It is our first time staying at the GF CL.

Hi all! I was surprised to see that an AP discount is now available for our GF dates next month. We are, as usual, bouncing around the World with a multi-split stay among 4 hotels, but are staying two nights at GF in a non-CL room before we move over to the BC CL for the end of our trip.

It's an extra $250 a night for us. My husband has ALWAYS wanted to stay RPC, and I was thinking of surprising him. I have the money, but this trip is before Christmas and we could certainly use $500 for gifts, so I don't want to just carelessly spend $500 without really thinking it through, especially because we usually only stay CL if it's an extra $150 or so. I usually can justify that with the cost of drinks, breakfast, snacks, etc. for all 5 of us. Do you think the extra $100 for RPC is worth it? Is it far and above the best thing on property? We LOVE the GF and have stayed CL in Sugarloaf before, and loved that experience, but I'm wondering if an extra $100 is worth it for you seasoned CL go-ers. (We have done CL at all of the hotels so far except AKL and WL.)

Only you can decide. I would say that an extra $500 for 2 days that you didn't budget for is too expensive, but that is me. $500 can buy a couple of nice signature dinners for the 2 of you.

Hi,

We are here this week (replying while waiting for Big Thunder Railroad) and we went to MNSSHP. We were worried that one of our days would get clicked off if we entered the party at 4. The lady at the entrance indicated the the MB readers at the Event entrances (open at 4) only scan party tix.

Hope that helps!

We usually stay at YC CL. Have stayed at RPC twice for 2 & 3 nights each time. I was also concerned about the extra cost too but when I got AP discounts of 40 & 37% off, I booked. Unfortunately, I fell in love with RPC!! :rotfl2: Far & away nicer than YC CL, & I still like that. Sitting in the lounge with appetizers & the band songs drifting up--- heaven! So peaceful & relaxing. The food offerings are better than YCs by far. But I assume they are the same as you had at SL, so you probably already know that.

I would never pay rack rate for RPC, I just think that's crazy for us. I think the atmosphere & experience are amazing tho. It just seemed like the ultimate magic to me. I will book a short stay again if I can get a good discount. We are 2 late 50's adults & spend lots of time relaxing at the resort....I wouldn't pay those prices if I was going commando in the parks.

As a PP poster said, only you can decide on if it's worth it for you shortly before Christmas. But if your DH has always wanted to stay there & you can get a good discount, it might be a good time to try it. Maybe it could be part of his Christmas present?

Good luck deciding! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter