EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Good morning! We are staying CL YC next week - Woo hoo - our first F&W - and I've requested a king bed (which I know isn't guaranteed). I see comments here about deluxe rooms. Once at YC we had what the front desk CM called an extended king. Is that the same thing? Can I request a king deluxe or king extended? Just curious if anyone out there might have any advice? Thank you in advance.

We requested a king bed at the YC last month and got one, but it wasn't CL, we were booked for non-CL water view. I wondered if this room had a special name, it was extra large with a wet bar, maybe this is extended? I have no idea. I do have pics though if you're interested: https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/mini-report-from-the-yacht-club

I got my planning packet from the AKL IPO office.

Once I fill it out and send it in, how flexible are they about making changes?

I have asked them to make changes twice. They were so nice, super flexible, and made my changes and got back to me right away. I have had nothing but good experiences with AKL CL so far.

The problem isn't the IPO it's the fact that Disney dining is so insanely popular and beyond booked solid that if you don't book your dining 180 days out you have to take the leftovers. We are going in December and I've been scraping together dining leftovers for the last two months. It sucks. :( But we didn't know we were going 180 days ahead. I can't get anything we really want, I'm just grabbing whatever I can find. The IPO can't really do anything, they're just looking at the same availability we are... and a party of 6 might as well be a party of 20 in the Disney dining system. You're best bet is to just keep checking for parties of 2 and 4, try to get them as close together as you can, and pray the hostess will let you all sit together.

If you call IPO on the phone and give them your credit card info they will add you to their "Keep Checking" list. We've had pretty good luck with that in the past. But it's a crap shoot.

Don't give up! I've just begun planning a trip over Christmas and have been struggling with finding availability for Christmas dinner at any of our favorites for 5 people that wasn't too early or too late. I was just able to score a ressie at Flying Fish at a reasonable time. Persistence pays off!

Don't give up! I've just begun planning a trip over Christmas and have been struggling with finding availability for Christmas dinner at any of our favorites for 5 people that wasn't too early or too late. I was just able to score a ressie at Flying Fish at a reasonable time. Persistence pays off!

I'm obsessively checking! ;) I'm fairly happy with what we have, we didn't get BOG but I can live with that.

Anyone here booked at the WL CL in November or December? If so, did IPO contact you about the pool construction? I've seen a few posts in other threads saying construction might be behind schedule. Sure hope that isn't the case.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Anyone here booked at the WL CL in November or December? If so, did IPO contact you about the pool construction? I've seen a few posts in other threads saying construction might be behind schedule. Sure hope that isn't the case.

We're booked for early December. No contact about the pool. I would be really disappointed, our kids love to swim. They even went swimming a ton in Clearwater a few years ago when it was in the 50s. And that was in late March!

Quick question about SugarLoaf. Are there first floor rooms that have a sliding glass door on the balcony? What is the balcony like? I guess my real question is, if we were to get a first floor room.. can the "back" door be used to go out to and from the pool for the kids without having to walk through the A/Ced halls??

Thank you!

We're booked in WL CL starting 11/17 and received a letter telling us about the construction. It wasn't from the IPO, just a letter signed by the WL General Manager.

Quick question about SugarLoaf. Are there first floor rooms that have a sliding glass door on the balcony? What is the balcony like? I guess my real question is, if we were to get a first floor room.. can the "back" door be used to go out to and from the pool for the kids without having to walk through the A/Ced halls??

Thank you!

No it is an enclosed patio.

If this has already been asked and answered, I apoligize but there are a lot of posts in this thread. We own DVC so we don't generally stay club level anymore. However, we are flying in a day early this year and don't have enought points to cover the extra day so I'm considering using the AP discount to book one night at the BC club level. If we stay club level for one night, are we able to use the lounge for the whole day the day we check out or only until we check out?

When does/should the IPO, at your selected resort, contact you? After you pay in full or after you book?

It varies. Sometimes you'll hear from them right after you book, sometimes later, sometimes not at all. I actually just got a welcome email from WL CL today and I booked several months ago. I always tell people to go ahead and email or call them as soon as you'd like. There's really no reason to wait to hear from them first. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If this has already been asked and answered, I apoligize but there are a lot of posts in this thread. We own DVC so we don't generally stay club level anymore. However, we are flying in a day early this year and don't have enought points to cover the extra day so I'm considering using the AP discount to book one night at the BC club level. If we stay club level for one night, are we able to use the lounge for the whole day the day we check out or only until we check out?

You can use the lounge even after the 11:00 AM checkout time. That's no problem. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

AP Rates dropped today! Saved $80 on my GF stay!! Woohoo!

I really am tempted to go to the main building..but its a big jump!

I soooo wanted to stay in the main bldg too, but it was just too crazy much.. then I decided to try and just do it one night and then move to SL for the rest of the stay and they didn't have anything available for my BB rate. Next time I'll have to make that plan early in! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter