EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Well I've been blocked and had my signature stripped away so I guess I'm done here on the DIS. Someone else can take over this thread. I will miss everyone, this has been home for 13 years. :(

What? This must be a mistake of some kind? I've only been on here a few months but your such a great help to everyone so I'm so confused to say the least. Hoping this is only temporary

I booked a garden view club level.. I have been here literally 100's of times and never got this good of an upgrade
So happy for you! Hope you had a wonderful stay. :goodvibes

Wow .. Double wow it's so amazing !!! So happy of you and your family .. Made my day : )
I love that the decor is beautiful and yet so modern and up to date. What was your reaction when you found out you got up graded to the suite? Love to read how you found out : )
Have a beautiful vacation !!!

*** Yeah I'm wide awake here at almost 2 am here in wendover, Nevada ... Playing the slots and saw Charlie Daniels band tonight/yesterday now. Had a few cocktails too ( hiccup ) headed to Vegas and then Disneyland, universal and beach for 2 weeks on Sunday : )

I'd love to hear how she found out, too. :banana:

Have fun in Vegas, Disneyland and the rest of your vacation! :dance3:

Just randomly!? That's odd. :worried:confused3. Does this happen a lot?

No, she has a travel agency and my guess (pure guess) is somehow her signature linked to it. Ultimately since The Disboards are owned by a travel agency, and gets paid for ads from other travel agencies, they're really picky about what people link to. Too picky in my opinion, but ultimately it's their rules. It's not good when it chases away a good contributor. :sad2:

Well I've been blocked and had my signature stripped away so I guess I'm done here on the DIS. Someone else can take over this thread. I will miss everyone, this has been home for 13 years. :(

I'll miss you! :sad1: You've been on these boards for years and have helped so many people. We're losing a good diser. :sad1: I'll try and follow you on twitter since I really enjoy your live trip reports. Now I'll have to figure twitter out...;) but it's good motivation.

I'm seriously considering CL at Poly for August 2015. My question is this: my friend who may be coming with us (myself, DD15, DD12) wants her own room. Doesn't think she can handle sharing with kids. I'm thinking I should be offended. :-( Anyway, she can not afford club level and would be in a standard room. Are there standard rooms in a nearby building so we will still be relatively close to each other? Would she be able to come visit us in our room and hang out in our lounge? It would be pointless to pay for CL if we couldn't enjoy it because we have to go somewhere else to be able to hang out together.

I booked a garden view club level.. I have been here literally 100's of times and never got this good of an upgrade

Congrats on your upgrade, the same thing happened to us only at the beach club. We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. It is pretty awesome when you randomly get picked for something so special. Hope the rest of your trip is just as magical!

I'm seriously considering CL at Poly for August 2015. My question is this: my friend who may be coming with us (myself, DD15, DD12) wants her own room. Doesn't think she can handle sharing with kids. I'm thinking I should be offended. :-( Anyway, she can not afford club level and would be in a standard room. Are there standard rooms in a nearby building so we will still be relatively close to each other? Would she be able to come visit us in our room and hang out in our lounge? It would be pointless to pay for CL if we couldn't enjoy it because we have to go somewhere else to be able to hang out together.

There is a longhouse nearby, but I forget the name of it. The poly thread or Tikiman's website would be good. No guarantees they could get that longhouse though. In terms of visiting, she could visit your room, but the lounge is a no-no.

Samoa is located right next to the Hawaii building, but as the pp said, there's no guarantee your friend will be assigned a room in that building. She can definitely put in a request for that building and you can have the reservations linked with a note for her to be next to the Hawaii building, but it would only be a request and would not be guaranteed. Also, as the pp mentioned, she could visit with you in your room, but she wouldn't be allowed to access the lounge. You could ask permission from the CL CMs on a particular day if she could visit with you, but she wouldn't be allowed in the lounge every day if she wasn't staying CL.

No, she has a travel agency and my guess (pure guess) is somehow her signature linked to it. Ultimately since The Disboards are owned by a travel agency, and gets paid for ads from other travel agencies, they're really picky about what people link to. Too picky in my opinion, but ultimately it's their rules. It's not good when it chases away a good contributor. :sad2:

Also not fair because nobody said anything to me first, they just took it away. All I had was links to my Pinterest and Twitter. Nothing was linked to my business website or page. I just had them there because of photo sharing and trip reports. I never intended to break a rule. Heck I don't even do that much business in disney travel anyway and I could care less if anyone on the dis even knew what my job was.
At least they could have sent me a message or given me a chance to save my list of resort stays. Now I don't even have those dates as a memory. :( After 13 years here helping people and bringing the DIS a lot of visitors this is the thanks I get. I feel heart broken. :(

Also they took away my ability to message so I can't even ask them a question or ask if I can have a copy of my old signature to get my resort stays. :(

I am so sick and sorry about this happening to you!! :sad1: I have so enjoyed everything you share and post and this is a horrible kick in the rear end!!

{{{Hugs!}}}

Oh my goodness so sorry. I had no idea what business you were in and I've followed and been on the CL thread since April ... You certainly never put anything out there that gave me a clue of any solicitation ... Again so very sorry and you will be missed greatly! Please take care and I pray this is worked out in time

Samoa is located right next to the Hawaii building, but as the pp said, there's no guarantee your friend will be assigned a room in that building. She can definitely put in a request for that building and you can have the reservations linked with a note for her to be next to the Hawaii building, but it would only be a request and would not be guaranteed. Also, as the pp mentioned, she could visit with you in your room, but she wouldn't be allowed to access the lounge. You could ask permission from the CL CMs on a particular day if she could visit with you, but she wouldn't be allowed in the lounge every day if she wasn't staying CL.

As much as I want to do CL. It doesn't seem very practical when the person we are going with won't also be in CL. So I guess I'll miss out this time. Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it! :-)

Also not fair because nobody said anything to me first, they just took it away. All I had was links to my Pinterest and Twitter. Nothing was linked to my business website or page. I just had them there because of photo sharing and trip reports. I never intended to break a rule. Heck I don't even do that much business in disney travel anyway and I could care less if anyone on the dis even knew what my job was.
At least they could have sent me a message or given me a chance to save my list of resort stays. Now I don't even have those dates as a memory. :( After 13 years here helping people and bringing the DIS a lot of visitors this is the thanks I get. I feel heart broken. :(

You are correct, that is not at all fair. There should have been some communicating to you requesting you to change your signature if it was in violation of some rule. At least give you a chance to correct it instead of just taking it away. It is a shame there is no way you can ask what happened and why.

As for trying to get the dates back, can you look on Google and find a cached page of the thread? I am not sure exactly how to do that or how long they keep a cached version but know it can be done. Maybe someone else knows?

I've had to really work to get all the days I wanted at the bounceback rate. Today I was finally able to get all 4 days YC ST CL with the discount.
If you're trying to use a bounceback, it's worth being persistent. :cool1:

As much as I want to do CL. It doesn't seem very practical when the person we are going with won't also be in CL. So I guess I'll miss out this time. Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it! :-)

You're welcome :).

Just wanted to say that I think the Poly is an awesome resort with or without CL. We've never tried CL there and have only stayed at the Poly once, but that was enough for us to fall in love with it (it is now our favorite resort after only one stay). I have read alot of great things about Poly CL and want to try it myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to book a standard view room again. Good luck with your trip plans :wizard:.

I've had to really work to get all the days I wanted at the bounceback rate. Today I was finally able to get all 4 days YC ST CL with the discount.
If you've trying to use a bounceback, it's worth being persistent. :cool1:

Congrats on getting all of your days :yay:. I agree about being persistent.....it pays to keep trying because you never know when what you want will become available :thumbsup2.

Congrats on getting all of your days :yay:. I agree about being persistent.....it pays to keep trying because you never know when what you want will become available :thumbsup2.

Thanks!:goodvibes
You know the old saying, "A penny saved is more money for Epcot Food and Wine Events." :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter