EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

We just upgraded our reservations for September to 3 nights at AKL CL. :yay:

It's our first CL stay and our first deluxe stay in several years. We typically stay at POFQ or POR but since free dining wasn't offered there, we decided to go big this trip

Reading through this thread has been so helpful!!!

Hi hi ... The two lowest are wilderness lodge and AKL. But I think you mentioned AKL rooms are to small for your family size if I remember right, and wilderness lodge main pool is under construction until the end of November at least. It's rumored they may/will be giving passes to blizzard beach. But it is certain you can use the CR or FW pools as well as WL quiet pool of course. If AKL would work for you it's of course a fabulous option

You are right and normally we could never stay anywhere that only allows four, but my parents will be here for that one night and so my daughter wants to stay with them to sleep. Allowing us the one time opportunity to stay in a 4 person place! LOL

I will check out those two! Thank you! :)

We just upgraded our reservations for September to 3 nights at AKL CL. :yay:

It's our first CL stay and our first deluxe stay in several years. We typically stay at POFQ or POR but since free dining wasn't offered there, we decided to go big this trip

Reading through this thread has been so helpful!!!

Congrats on upgrading to CL. We love AKL and while we've never tried CL there, I have read nothing but great things about it. Have a great trip :wizard:.

You are right and normally we could never stay anywhere that only allows four, but my parents will be here for that one night and so my daughter wants to stay with them to sleep. Allowing us the one time opportunity to stay in a 4 person place! LOL

I will check out those two!

I can't speak for AKL CL, but WL CL is amazing (although I'm always reading great things about CL at AKL). Both lounges overlook the lobby (which is one of the things I love about WL CL), which is nice (IMO) to sit and relax in the lounge while watching the hustle and bustle down below. Good luck deciding, but I don't think you'd regret either one if choose between those 2 resorts :).

Okay, after looking at pictures, videos, etc., I've decided to go with AKL. I have stayed at WL CL with some friends in February and knew I would love to share that experience with the kids, but after seeing everything, I think they would enjoy AKL more.

Another question.. it will be Halloween night the night we are there.. do you think they will have anything going on in the resort for the kids?

Okay, another question and please don't get mad at me.. LOL So, as I mentioned above, my daughter (10) will be sleeping with my parents at their resort allowing us to stay at AKL CL the one night.. BUT, do you think they would let her come up on the floor with us to hang out a little while before she goes off with my parents to go to bed?

Okay, another question and please don't get mad at me.. LOL So, as I mentioned above, my daughter (10) will be sleeping with my parents at their resort allowing us to stay at AKL CL the one night.. BUT, do you think they would let her come up on the floor with us to hang out a little while before she goes off with my parents to go to bed?

A recent review I read the person in the CL asked to bring a couple with them for appetizers, and they did allow it. Since this is your daughter I would just go for it personally : ) I'm sure others may think otherwise so it's just my opinion.

As far as Halloween I'm hoping someone pops in with an answer for you. Off topic but I have done a switch a roo and staying at AKL CL for 10 days and then RPC for 4 nights. The more I read along with videos and pictures I think AKL will be lovely and the pool ect. very nice and something new for us

A recent review I read the person in the CL asked to bring a couple with them for appetizers, and they did allow it. Since this is your daughter I would just go for it personally : ) I'm sure others may think otherwise so it's just my opinion.

As far as Halloween I'm hoping someone pops in with an answer for you. Off topic but I have done a switch a roo and staying at AKL CL for 10 days and then RPC for 4 nights. The more I read along with videos and pictures I think AKL will be lovely and the pool ect. very nice and something new for us

Oh how nice!! I bet you love it!!! I hope you'll share pictures and your experience!!! :)

Also Celine if you goggle animal kingdom lodge Halloween you'll find their past Halloween events. Also I'm sure the CL CM can help you out on knowing what they have planned for kids : )

At BWI now if anyone has any questions. The rehab looks great--the bathroom and vanity is vastly improved and very nice! There's tons of construction going on in the rooms between the desk and the lounge. We're nestled in between rooms being refurbed--I'm hoping they don't start hammering early as we can hear construction going on next door right now at 4:45.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but there is no espresso machine now. The Nescafé machine is gone and there are three urns--one filled with coffee, one with decaf, and one with hot water. I asked if they were getting an nespresso machine, and was told that they've requested one, but we're told they wouldn't have one for a while--if ever. A little bit of a bummer as I love the nespresso machines at the CR and GF lounges.

We will be at Poly and YC CLs next...

Have a wonderful trip!:cool1:

We originally booked a stay in September at CR-Atrium CL with my DH AP. However, he is not going to be able to go with us due to a work commitment (he will join us the last 2 days), I had planned to upgrade my MYW ticket to an AP during the trip, but won't have an AP upon check in. Can they upgrade my ticket at the CL desk when I check in to make sure we get the rate?

THANKS!

Not sure if this has been 100% addressed yet, but you can only get AP's at guest services (four major parks, DTD, and water parks) As another poster said, you are supposed to show it within 24 hours of check-in.

Okay, another weird question. We have now, at the last minute, decided to add a Disney cruise to the beginning of our vacation. It lands us back at port canaveral on the 31st, but our package doesn't start until the 1st. I'm thinking of doing a one night club level stay somewhere, but with this already outrageously expensive vacation, was hoping for a more reasonable place for that one night. What would be the most reasonable of the club level resorts? I mean, other than like Coronado Springs.. I realize it would be subject to availability, but so I would know what to look for... Thank you! :)

We've tried just about all CL, and would totally do CSR again. No IPO, but that was the biggest difference.

I see further you picked AKL. AKL is similar to WL in some ways. The AKL lounge overlooks the lobby more. Both have similar colors, and some similarity in resort layout.

The disadvantage of a one night stay is that you may not get your room until later in the day (3-4pm?) , but you may get lucky. You can still access the lounge for breakfast, and up until 10pm the next night. Another advantage of AKL, is that the lounge has a restroom. Some CL's don't. Oh, and should you decide to go swimming before your room is ready, there's a nice locker room off the pool. (by the Mara)

I'm thinking about staying at the Atrium Club Level at the Contemporary since that's the only thing available left with a MK view during FD in Dec. Is it worth it paying that much for CL when we already have FD available to us? I'm not sure how much time we're going to be at the resort and how much we're going to be using the lounge. Not sure if I should splurge a little bit for my birthday week or not. This will be our first on-site stay. Thanks for the input!

We've tried just about all CL, and would totally do CSR again. No IPO, but that was the biggest difference.

I see further you picked AKL. AKL is similar to WL in some ways. The AKL lounge overlooks the lobby more. Both have similar colors, and some similarity in resort layout.

The disadvantage of a one night stay is that you may not get your room until later in the day (3-4pm?) , but you may get lucky. You can still access the lounge for breakfast, and up until 10pm the next night. Another advantage of AKL, is that the lounge has a restroom. Some CL's don't. Oh, and should you decide to go swimming before your room is ready, there's a nice locker room off the pool. (by the Mara)

Thank you so much!! After a lot of thought, we've decided to go ahead and attend the MNSSHP that night. I'm intimidated by it being Halloween night, but am hoping for the best. Now I can't decide if it would be worth it to stay CL somewhere when we will be spending so little time in the room and not taking advantage of the food offerings at all. Maybe in the morning.. still thinking on it.

Thank you again!!! :)

Thank you so much!! After a lot of thought, we've decided to go ahead and attend the MNSSHP that night. I'm intimidated by it being Halloween night, but am hoping for the best. Now I can't decide if it would be worth it to stay CL somewhere when we will be spending so little time in the room and not taking advantage of the food offerings at all. Maybe in the morning.. still thinking on it. Thank you again!!! :)

I love this idea you'll have a wonderful time : ) I agree you'd be spending little time at the resort since you can get In the party by all reports at 4 pm. Maybe do a value like Art of animation to enjoy the big pool in the morning. How long is your trip now? Are you still doing a split at BC and GF club levels as well as the cruise to kick of your trip?

I love this idea you'll have a wonderful time : ) I agree you'd be spending little time at the resort since you can get In the party by all reports at 4 pm. Maybe do a value like Art of animation to enjoy the big pool in the morning. How long is your trip now? Are you still doing a split at BC and GF club levels as well as the cruise to kick of your trip?

Yes, all of that part of the trip remains the same. It was just that one night in question! LOL My parents will be staying at Pop so we may just stay there. I've never been there and since my daughter will be staying with them, it will make all of that a lot easier. I'm still so torn with wanting to experience AKL or even WL for the one night, but we wouldn't be there from like 3:30pm until 1am (we'll be at MNSSHP until they throw us out! LOL) then just getting up in the morning to head over to BC to check in.

Yes, all of that part of the trip remains the same. It was just that one night in question! LOL My parents will be staying at Pop so we may just stay there. I've never been there and since my daughter will be staying with them, it will make all of that a lot easier. I'm still so torn with wanting to experience AKL or even WL for the one night, but we wouldn't be there from like 3:30pm until 1am (we'll be at MNSSHP until they throw us out! LOL) then just getting up in the morning to head over to BC to check in.

Maybe next time your planning a trip stay at AKL or WL. AKL does have 1 and 2 bedroom suites in CL : ) I've stayed at pop for 10 days in 2009 with my 2 daughters and 3 granddaughters and it worked very nicely for us with 2 connecting rooms. It's perfect for a go go go trip and for 1 night it will be perfect and especially with you being at the Halloween party : )

Maybe next time your planning a trip stay at AKL or WL. AKL does have 1 and 2 bedroom suites in CL : ) I've stayed at pop for 10 days in 2009 with my 2 daughters and 3 granddaughters and it worked very nicely for us with 2 connecting rooms. It's perfect for a go go go trip and for 1 night it will be perfect and especially with you being at the Halloween party : )

Well, I can certainly dream! LOL And thank you!!! :lovestruc

Thank you so much!! After a lot of thought, we've decided to go ahead and attend the MNSSHP that night. I'm intimidated by it being Halloween night, but am hoping for the best. Now I can't decide if it would be worth it to stay CL somewhere when we will be spending so little time in the room and not taking advantage of the food offerings at all. Maybe in the morning.. still thinking on it.

Thank you again!!! :)

We mostly take advantage of morning food offerings. One point to consider is that one night of CL, can provide two breakfasts - I think you mentioned arriving early.

I think the Halloween party paired with CL is a great pair, especially if you picked a place like WL- that's close to MK. It would be very easy to go back to WL around 5pm, grab some appetizers, then return for the party. When we stayed at WL, that's exactly what we did one day. The boat is pretty quick- unless there's a thunderstorm - and the bus is quite quick.

If you are only using CL for breakfast, that'd also be another vote for CSR. I also neglected to mention that the CSR business level rooms are all located close tot he main bus stop/main building. We had a car, and self parking was also decent (not as close as some CSR rooms), but closer than many hotels (GF, Bwk- for example).
Generally speaking, taking advantage of CL, does mean spending a certain amount of time near the room.

I'm thinking about staying at the Atrium Club Level at the Contemporary since that's the only thing available left with a MK view during FD in Dec. Is it worth it paying that much for CL when we already have FD available to us?!

Run the math. How much of a discount is FD? DDP is $60 per day for adults/kids over 9, and $19 per child (ages 3-9), kids under 3 eat free at buffets, but you pay oop if they order from menu.

So figure2 adults, two kids 3-9, FD = $158 per day.
If you can nab a 30% discount, that = $200 off a Tower room, bay lake view on a weekday October 1-19. That room w/30% off is $462/night, w/tax.

At 30% off, a standard CL room (= Bay Lake view) is $628/night w/tax.

In that case, CL is $165 extra per night at CR. (over non CL)

Generally, I fine that the 30% off is slightly better deal at deluxes than free DDP- unless maybe you have 4ppl in your room over age 9. You can get the 30%off and PAY for the DDP , if you like, or just wing it. We usually find we spend less than the DDP, if we just wing it.

As for the value of CL, $166 is a bit high...That =$41.50 per person/day. Breakfast in CL easily = $13pp, afternoon cookies easily =$4 pp...beer is $6 each, wine about $11each Appetizers/desserts are a little harder to price...but if everyone gets breakfast, , a latte, a snack, and a glass of wine that's about $32 per person. You'd have to eat $9 of appetizers/desserts- to reach the value purely in food costs.

Now, CL is more than food costs, and the math I'm using is very fuzzy. When I say a beer is worth $6, that's at TS prices. Obviously, a six pack of Sam Adams is not $36 at the Publix grocery store.

Since this is your first onsite stay, I'd say probably not. But that depends what your offsite style has been. Offsite could be $39/night motels/condos, or Ritz/Four Seasons deluxe suites. If you are inclined towards budget vacationing, then maybe CL won't seem like much of a value. I don't say that as any kind of insult. We personally run the gamut...from low budget getaways, other times we are a little more luxury. Luxury at bargain prices is always a bonus! :thumbsup2

The value of CL is not just food. It is the extra service. It is having a staff person on hand all day to answer questions. Like maybe you were planning to go from MK to Hoop De Doo...but instead you went back to the resort. Now you are running late, and need to know who to get there quickly. Anyone can stand in line and use the concierge desk...CL guests have no lie, and the CL staff is happy to call ahead for a taxi- if you decide taxi is best. But if you don't need that service, you might not see any value in having it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter