EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

No, all the BC CL rooms do not have full balconies - I hear about half. Yes the YC CL is about the size of the old BC. I like the YC better than the BC also but with the size of the lounge - I would probably pick the BC over the YC.

My hubby has to have a balcony or patio, when we stayed at the garden wing at CR he sat there waiting for the room to make sure that it had a patio. Last time we were at BC we actually stayed at BCV to guarantee a balcony, I would hate to end up with no balcony and pay for CL. He also wants a pool that is open later at night so I guess that rules out AKL and WL because they don't have quite pools and now close down their pools. I also read that the quite pool at the Poly would be under construction in August so that rules it out. My daughter and I are the WDW freaks who spend many hours in the park, my DH just tolerates the trips and spends a lot of time at the hotel/pool so I want him to be very happy. I want to make this trip extra special because our DD is going off to college in a few more years but I wonder if I should do something other than CL.

My hubby has to have a balcony or patio, when we stayed at the garden wing at CR he sat there waiting for the room to make sure that it had a patio. Last time we were at BC we actually stayed at BCV to guarantee a balcony, I would hate to end up with no balcony and pay for CL. He also wants a pool that is open later at night so I guess that rules out AKL and WL because they don't have quite pools and now close down their pools. I also read that the quite pool at the Poly would be under construction in August so that rules it out. My daughter and I are the WDW freaks who spend many hours in the park, my DH just tolerates the trips and spends a lot of time at the hotel/pool so I want him to be very happy. I want to make this trip extra special because our DD is going off to college in a few more years but I wonder if I should do something other than CL.

What do you think about BWI CL? Those are lovely balconies, the pool is so nice and the CM's are amazing.

Question, what is the Main Bldg - Deluxe King Room - Club Level like over at Grand Floridian.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/deluxe-room-grand-floridian.1839423/

2 types by request only, so no guarantees of what you will receive. These now sleep 3 with addition of the day bed or sleep sofa after the last refurb. We last stayed in the octagon style in Jan. 2015 and we had a sleep sofa but requested a rollaway so we did not have to open it. Plenty of room in the octagon style for the rollaway.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/deluxe-room-grand-floridian.1839423/

2 types by request only, so no guarantees of what you will receive. These now sleep 3 with addition of the day bed or sleep sofa after the last refurb. We last stayed in the octagon style in Jan. 2015 and we had a sleep sofa but requested a rollaway so we did not have to open it. Plenty of room in the octagon style for the rollaway.

It's just going to be me, which is why I was asking to see if the extra $$$ for it is worth it.

Hi everyone! Did anyone have IPO attempting to get them a BOG lunch reservation this morning? I did, and haven't heard anything from them, nor has anything shown up in my MDE, so I'm just wondering if that means they didn't get it? It's my first time actually relinquishing control over my reservations so I'm a bit apprehensive. Thanks!! :)

Courtney

It's just going to be me, which is why I was asking to see if the extra $$$ for it is worth it.
Really depends on what you are looking for. We have stayed in the main building numerous times and Sugarloaf once during a main building refurb. We have also stayed in the outer buildings without concierge during other main building refurbs. This is over a period of 20 years and if there is another refurb of the main building when we are scheduled to stay we will choose an outer building without concierge.

We did not care for SL at all. Too much chaos for us, too little space in the lounge and not the atmosphere we are looking for. So for us the main building is worth it. However, you are paying a large surcharge for atmosphere. We typically stay in the deluxe queen when they are available. We have stayed in the deluxe kings when we are a party of 3, I prefer the deluxe queens anyway. There is really nothing different about the food offerings or service, so you have to think if the atmosphere of the main building is worth it for you.

Personally, with a solo trip I would most likely just book outer and order a lot of room service and save the difference for another trip. If you don't go to Disney often I would splurge and enjoy it.

Hi everyone! Did anyone have IPO attempting to get them a BOG lunch reservation this morning? I did, and haven't heard anything from them, nor has anything shown up in my MDE, so I'm just wondering if that means they didn't get it? It's my first time actually relinquishing control over my reservations so I'm a bit apprehensive. Thanks!! :)

Courtney

I started booking them around 5:00 AM and quickly discovered on another website they had been released at 2:00 AM!!!! :headache: So I was 3 hours behind. :sad2: But somehow by a MIRACLE I finally got all the ones I needed. Total complete nightmare. I've been sitting at my desk hitting refresh over and over the last 8 hours. I'm so glad I'm done. I hope IPO was able to get one for you. Fingers crossed!

Now I'm starting to think that we should stay at GF CL because that is my hubby's dream resort that he has been dying to stay at. If he gets to stay at GF he might not even complain about another WDW trip. Does anyone know if the smaller pool over by the beach stays open later at night?

Thanks Ericka! I'm kind of torn on if I should email them and ask, or just wait it out. Since I've never had them book anything for me before I'm skeptical!

Courtney

Thanks Ericka! I'm kind of torn on if I should email them and ask, or just wait it out. Since I've never had them book anything for me before I'm skeptical!

Courtney

I don't blame you. I don't know what time IPO starts booking ADRs in the mornings, I've heard they start at 6:00 AM, so if you were near the top of their list I'd say your chances were pretty good. The whole system crashed around 6:30 and was down a few hours. Then more ADRs started popping up late morning. Now everything is gone. Complete and total insanity! I felt like it was Black Friday! LOL :upsidedow

I stayed RPC solo last May, I had a standard room but overlooked the villas/monorail/pool - I loved that view. To me the $$$ were worth it, I spent a lot of time relaxing in the lounge listening to the piano and band, it was a fabulous trip. I do however like the Epcot resorts for proximity to Epcot so am returning to the BC CL this year, if the GF were located there I'd be straight back without hesitation lol

Really depends on what you are looking for. We have stayed in the main building numerous times and Sugarloaf once during a main building refurb. We have also stayed in the outer buildings without concierge during other main building refurbs. This is over a period of 20 years and if there is another refurb of the main building when we are scheduled to stay we will choose an outer building without concierge.

We did not care for SL at all. Too much chaos for us, too little space in the lounge and not the atmosphere we are looking for. So for us the main building is worth it. However, you are paying a large surcharge for atmosphere. We typically stay in the deluxe queen when they are available. We have stayed in the deluxe kings when we are a party of 3, I prefer the deluxe queens anyway. There is really nothing different about the food offerings or service, so you have to think if the atmosphere of the main building is worth it for you.

Personally, with a solo trip I would most likely just book outer and order a lot of room service and save the difference for another trip. If you don't go to Disney often I would splurge and enjoy it.

I haven't really thought much about room requests for June. What do you recommend for standard RPC? What are the options?

Just wanted to update from my earlier posts!

After that last post I had to go out and run a few errands. By the time I got back all of my ADRs were showing up online in my MDE. :banana: IPO got everything that I wanted, at the times that I wanted. :cheer2: While I was looking at them, the email came in from Polynesian IPO, containing a nice printable itinerary from them, listing all of the ADRs. :woohoo:

So basically what your paying for between the outer bldg club level and main bldg club level is to have a larger club lounge in the main bldg.

He also wants a pool that is open later at night so I guess that rules out AKL and WL because they don't have quite pools and now close down their pools.

We've never stayed at AKL but WL does have a quiet pool near the villas. Not sure if it has posted hours, but it is available to all guests, not just those staying in a villa.

Just wanted to update from my earlier posts!

After that last post I had to go out and run a few errands. By the time I got back all of my ADRs were showing up online in my MDE. :banana: IPO got everything that I wanted, at the times that I wanted. :cheer2: While I was looking at them, the email came in from Polynesian IPO, containing a nice printable itinerary from them, listing all of the ADRs. :woohoo:

Did you ask for a BOG lunch ADR?

I have an IPO question. We booked a WL CL room via Orbitz a month or so ago for 3 nights the end of May. I never heard anything from the IPO so I emailed them a couple of days ago. I got an auto reply right after I sent the email saying they would be back in touch with me with in 24 hours. Well that was over 48 hours ago and I have not heard anything yet. It isn't a huge rush and I was not looking for any reservations that I think would be really hard to come by. Should I just wait a week or so and see if they respond? We have stayed CL at the Poly, AKL, CR and BC and they have always contacted us promptly after the reservations were made. This is the first time I have used an agency like Orbitz, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with the delayed response.

We booked WL CL through Orbitz last year. I had to contact them, but I think they got back to me within a day or two at least. You might want to email them again if you haven't heard anything by the end of the week?

So basically what your paying for between the outer bldg club level and main bldg club level is to have a larger club lounge in the main bldg.

I haven't stayed in sugar loaf (outer club level) but I have stayed RPC twice so I don't know if the room sizes are different. But I do know the room views are different. There are theme park/ lagoon views from the RPC rooms & lounge that SL doesn't have. And the atmosphere in the RPC lounge is unique. You relax with your refreshments while listening to the band or pianist play in the lobby.....calm, relaxing & special. So to me, I feel I'm paying for that, and it's worth it to me. (Although I wait for a discount, wouldn't dream of paying rack rate no matter how much I love it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter