Expired Kohl's cash

cjnix29

DIS Veteran
do they still take this? I know at one point they would, but wasn't sure if that changed.

Yes!! Our Kohl's wont advertise it but they will take Kohl's cash at least several weeks past expiration.:cool1:

I think you need to ask your individual store what their policy is. The two Kohls stores near me will only take expired Kohls cash ONE DAY past the expiration date.

Shagley said:
I think you need to ask your individual store what their policy is. The two Kohls stores near me will only take expired Kohls cash ONE DAY past the expiration date.

They lied to you lol. I used to work at kohls and company policy is two weeks past the date.

Just today I used Kohl's Cash from April. The cashier never blinked. She scanned it and I saw a popup on her screen that said that it had expired, and then she had to respond to that pop up and then enter a transaction discount. That is how it appears on the receipt: "$ TRANSACTION DISCOUNT 40.00-"
However, be sure you definitely will want to keep what you are purchasing because since it is considered a discount off the purchase price there is no way to get that money back,even as a store credit. So in my case I spent $40.78 and got a $40.00 "discount". If I were make a return I would be entitled to 78 cents, and yes I know that from experience also. But, hey, they are letting you used the expired "cash" so...so be it.
From the previous post, each store must have it's own policy. The way I found out the first time I used it was to simply go back to customer service, presented the expired "cash" and asked if it was possible to use it. Again, the rep never blinked--she had heard it 100 times, and she did mention to me at that time that once I used it the sale would be final.

I wish I'd known this. I've tossed out several 'coupons' over the years. I have one in my wallet for $20 right now that I forgot to use in June.

I've used expired kohls cash too; seems like it depends on the store as to whether or not they accept it. At one of the stores I used it at, the cashier said I could use it if I PROMISED to do the survey that prints on the receipt.

They lied to you lol. I used to work at kohls and company policy is two weeks past the date.

Imagine that, at least Disney doesn't have employees (oops, I mean Cast Members) who give out incorrect information :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter