• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expired Kohl's cash

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
I read a thread here recently about people being able to use expired Kohl's cash.

DH went to Kohl's today and tried to use ours and he was told "it's only in their system 2 days after it expires." Is this something new? Should he try again? I feel badly because he was going to use it on the day it expired, but we were super busy and I told him not to worry he could use it after the expiration. :headache:

That doesn't seem right. I have $40 in kohl's cash that I lost in April that I was hoping to be able to use after I read the threads here about it. The customer service person a couple months ago did tell me that you can still use expired ones when I mentioned I lost some of mine, and she did not say it had to be within a couple days of them expiring :confused3. I haven't tried to use the ones I have yet.

Hi, I just wanted to add my two cents. I work for Kohls in Columbus Ohio and we always take expired Kohls cash. It is a policy for Kohls called yes we can and if you ask for something and we can do it we have to. The cashier would have to actually hit the dollar off button and manually put in the amount. Yes it is true that it is out of the system 2 days after it expires but like i said it can be done. I would try again and if it doesnt work ask to talk to the supervisor. Hope this helps

I was told by several employees I could use mine after a month of expiration. I on 2 occasions use my expired kohls cash with no problems. The last time I went in there about a week after my cash expired I was told no I couldn't use it...because it was expired....I pressed on to the cashier that I had been told and had used expired kohls cash on several occasions. She called a manager over and had to get his approval.....They didn't have to do this before....so they may have recently changed their policies. I would speak to a manager and just ask them if they would accept them this time because you were under the impression you could still use your expired kohls cash.

I asked. Today mine expires but I knew it would be a hardship to get there today so I asked specifically if I could use it after the dates and I was told that I absolutely could, but to let the cashier know beforehand that I was going to be using expired cash as she would have to manually enter it and it was easier to do if I let her know first.....not sure why.....

Dawn

I think it's great that you have been able to use the expired Kohl's cash. However, honestly, if it expires and they don't let you use it, then there is no room to complain or be disappointed! Bed Bath and Beyond used to let customers use expired coupons too but put a stop to that a while ago. I think they made the right move, I just don't understand why people want more than they are entitled to. Rules are rules and expiration is expiration. Again, I think it is good that Kohl's continues to let you use them, but don't complain if they don't.

I think it's great that you have been able to use the expired Kohl's cash. However, honestly, if it expires and they don't let you use it, then there is no room to complain or be disappointed! Bed Bath and Beyond used to let customers use expired coupons too but put a stop to that a while ago. I think they made the right move, I just don't understand why people want more than they are entitled to. Rules are rules and expiration is expiration. Again, I think it is good that Kohl's continues to let you use them, but don't complain if they don't.

I still use expired Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons. I'm using coupons from 09 still....

I have expired Kohl's cash in my wallet, but I always forget about it when I go to pay a Kohl's.

The policy varies from store to store. DD used expired KC last Thursday at the store near our house with no problem. However, the store near campus will not honor expired KC.

I can use expired coupons at BB&B, never had any issues. My store also only used to let you use 3 coupons per order...but now they let you use as many as you want (well if you buy enough items that is :) ).

Ugh! I just cleaned up all the paperwork on my overloaded desk and I threw away 2 expired Kohl's Cash certificates! I never knew they'd take it after expiration.

I did not know you can use expired KC, I always use it during first 3 days when I can combine it with my still in power % card. I noticed that during cash days prices are always much higher and basically you get what you could pay just few days before during discount time.

Hi, I just wanted to add my two cents. I work for Kohls in Columbus Ohio and we always take expired Kohls cash. It is a policy for Kohls called yes we can and if you ask for something and we can do it we have to. The cashier would have to actually hit the dollar off button and manually put in the amount. Yes it is true that it is out of the system 2 days after it expires but like i said it can be done. I would try again and if it doesnt work ask to talk to the supervisor. Hope this helps

Thank you all SO much!!! :banana:

I was at Kohl's tonight and saw some expired Kohl's Cash in my wallet, so I asked the cashier if it was true that they will still honor it. He said "YES!" and entered it as $20 off, then gave me a 15% off coupon (out of the blue) to use, then I found a merchandise credit deeper in my wallet and used that, too.

My $100 order became $55 in no time at all! :yay:

I think it depends on the cashier, how willing they are to help you. I ran back in an hour later (forgot a pair of pants for my growing boy!) and asked a different cashier for a 15% off coupon and he said they weren't honoring any at the moment and to check back -- "maybe on the weekend?"

Ok. Cashier # 1 willingly (without my asking) offered one up for me to use. Oh well. It was only 1 pr. of pants and I was still on a high from my good fortune earlier. :laughing:

So, thank you again for this thread! :cool1:

I've been able to use expired Kohl's cash, but never was able to use a 15% coupon with the Kohl's cash, expired or not.

it 's seem too strange. may be it not right?
2.gif
:confused3

I read a thread here recently about people being able to use expired Kohl's cash.

DH went to Kohl's today and tried to use ours and he was told "it's only in their system 2 days after it expires." Is this something new? Should he try again? I feel badly because he was going to use it on the day it expired, but we were super busy and I told him not to worry he could use it after the expiration. :headache:

I just used some last night that had expired in June!

They still take expired ones here!

I've been able to use expired Kohl's cash, but never was able to use a 15% coupon with the Kohl's cash, expired or not.

Last night I used expired Kohls cash, brought up a 20% off coupon on the geoQpon app on my iphone and they took that- I bought 68.00 sneakers and ended up paying 22.00 for them!

I was not able to use Kohl's cash today that experied 2 or 3 days ago. I opted to not raise a stink. But I do wonder why the policy is not consistent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter