Expertise needed: Offsite hotel choice: Better to be close to WDW or nicer digs?

K'smom

Earning My Ears
Ok, here's the dillemma: I have secured a resv at both hotels but should cancel one.
Buena Vista Suites is a lot closer to WDW and I was perfectly fine with that hotel choice, BUT I've heard Hawthorne Suites on Canada Dr near Universal is a great hotel with a great brfst. I also got it much chaper than BVS. Only $260 total for 4 nights with full brkfst compared to BVS for $400, full brkfst and right by WDW. Hmmmm.... It's a lot farther from WDW though. What would you suggest to do? I don't want to risk having traffic issues to the parks. (We're also going to Sea World too).THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR WONDERFUL ADVICE!! This board rocks!!

The drive from US to WDW is approx 30 minutes. I guess it depends on how many times per day your driving to WDW and how much time you're spending at your hotel.

If your making 2x RT's to WDW per day, I'd probably stay closer. If you're planning just 1 RT to WDW, I'd stay near US at the nicer resort.

if you aren't going to US/IOA why stay close to them.

would definite stay close to WDW - driving is a big hassle - you don't want to get on I4 only the find it stopped. and instead of the 20 minutes on I4 - you end up spending hours.

if you want close to Seaworld would go with HGVC. hilton grand vacation club.

it is about as nice as you can get - is a timeshare so it has a kitchen in the 1-bedroom, kitchennett in the studio.

I'll agree with everyone else that if you're going maily to Disney, then stay closer to Disney (Ive not stayed at BVS, so I cant tell you how it is). However, its more like a 15-20 minute drive from Canada Dr. to Disney, and if I-4 is backed up, there are other ways to get there (Palm Parkway). If the drive doesnt bother you and you want to stay at Hawthorne, then go for it. There's a lot to do on I-Drive as well.

The Hawthorne Suites is basicly right now down the street from Sea World. Hawthorne Suites is clean and have nice free hot breakfast. I like the area because it's has lot restaurants in area. It's not to bad of drive to WDW is either. I would use google maps or yahoo maps to see if like best. Also there is Hawthorne Suites in Lake Burea Vista to. Just to let know.

I think we'll stay closer to WDW. I'm a bit afraid of getting stuck in traffic for hours! I'd be saving $140 to stay at HS near Univ (the other location of HS closer to WDW doesnt have the same deal.) but I think I'm gonna love being so close to the park.
You guys rock!!

You'll like it by the parks. But if you change your mind, dont worry about the traffic. Really. There are other ways to get to Disney without using I-4 that most tourists dont know about. Enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter