Experiences with renting DVH points?

Michiganfamily

Earning My Ears
HI- I just stumbled on the idea of renting DVH points for staying at one of the delux resorts (beach club villas, old key west, wilderness lodge are among those I think included.) I'd love to hear opinions from anyone who has gone this route. Did the process go smoothly? Could you still add dining, etc.?

Thanks from Michigan! :yay:

I recently helped a friend rent points from two different owners for stays at OKW with family for Thanksgiving. I own at SSR but I wasn't renting so I helped him through the rent/trade board.

I would suggest you rent from an owner who has been a long time poster and request confirmation that they own the contract and have the points available to rent. Most owners will have a standard contract to protect both sides.

Most will require a deposit, followed by full payment enough in advance to allow for cancellation w/o point penalty if not paid. You can certainly get the dining plan, but the owner must make the arrangements with Member Services for you.

You will find that the majority of the time, these transactions go smoothly. But remember that they take a certain amount of trust on both sides to make them successful.

Good luck.

We are renting for our upcoming trip in May! We are staying at Beach Club Villas for only $130/night! ($10 per point).

Our owner is wonderful. I posted a thread about what points I needed and where and several people contacted me! We choose a nice man in Boston! He booked the dining plan for us too. As soon as the reservation letter arrived at his house he sent it to me! We've been paying him in payments..he said that we didn't have to..we could just wait and pay all at once in February..but I like sending $100 at a time! Thusfar..it's been a great experience...and the savings is amazing! We're saving $925!

Hi SuperSuperWendy- I sent you a PM asking more about your experiences. thanks for posting! Michiganfamily

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter