Experiences with AirTran out of Allentown?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
I'm looking at them for next Food&Wine and I'm wondering if AT jerks the flight time around at ABE as they do elsewhere. Since they only have one filght a day on only 4 day per week I'm concerned about them switching me to another day or just blowing off our flight completely. Any experiences with this?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Hey Bill.........we're traveling AirTran out of ABE first week of January......first time. I'll let you know after the flights how it went. However, in so far as the time changes.......I made the ressies on Oct. 1st for 1/1/10 returning on 1/8/10 and so far, they've only changed by one to three minutes each way.....so we shall see if that holds. However, I can't see them changing the time of these flights all that much since it's a complete turnaround flight. The flight leaves MCO at 1:10 p.m. arriving at ABE 3:35 and turning right back to MCO at 4:31 p.m.

Thanks for the replies. I guessed that there would not be a lot of wiggle room for AT to change things, my concern was that, with only one flight per day they might actually cancel a whole day since they've got no where to put people on an underbooked flight.

Bill From PA

It's not uncommon for airlines with only limited flights to a city just cancel all flights if they aren't making money. AirTran did that from Pittsburgh to Chicago & Newark I think, they just stopped service with little notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter