Experiences with A Baby's Best Friend?

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used this service before? I'm curious about your pick-up experience. I read wonderful reviews, so I went ahead and rented a rocking chair (our kid needs to be rocked to sleep, no matter how many times we've tried to wean her of it!) but the confirmation email has me worried about timing. It says to text when we've checked in to the hotel, and then they will arrange for a representative to drop off our rented items. Are we going to be stuck waiting around for awhile? I was planning to get off the Magical Express and go right to Magic Kingdom. I'm wondering if I should revise my expectations for our arrival day.

We used them many years ago (7?) and had a great experience. My guess is they will leave the rocker with bell services. Check with them when you check in. They deal with crib deliveries, etc all the time.

I don't have personal experience with A Baby's Best Friend but have read good reviews from others here. As to the pick-up of your rental equipment, a couple years ago WDW instituted a "featured vendor" program and only allows certain vendors to utilize Bell Services for rentals. I don't believe ABBF is one of those vendors, and as such is required to personally meet with the guest(s) for pick-up and return of rental items. You will need to plan this into your first and last day.

This is from their website:
FOR GUESTS OF THE DISNEY RESORTS LISTED BELOW:
A representative of A Baby’s Best Friend will personally meet with you at a convenient time upon your arrival and departure to deliver and retrieve your rented items. You will receive a text message on the morning of your arrival with easy instructions, which will also be in your email reservation confirmation. This applies to the following Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House and Kidani Village, Art of Animation, All Star Sports, Music, and Movies, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower, Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside, Polynesian, Pop Century, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club.

Enjoy your vacation!

I don't have personal experience with A Baby's Best Friend but have read good reviews from others here. As to the pick-up of your rental equipment, a couple years ago WDW instituted a "featured vendor" program and only allows certain vendors to utilize Bell Services for rentals. I don't believe ABBF is one of those vendors, and as such is required to personally meet with the guest(s) for pick-up and return of rental items. You will need to plan this into your first and last day.

This is from their website:
FOR GUESTS OF THE DISNEY RESORTS LISTED BELOW:
A representative of A Baby’s Best Friend will personally meet with you at a convenient time upon your arrival and departure to deliver and retrieve your rented items. You will receive a text message on the morning of your arrival with easy instructions, which will also be in your email reservation confirmation. This applies to the following Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House and Kidani Village, Art of Animation, All Star Sports, Music, and Movies, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower, Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside, Polynesian, Pop Century, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yes, that's what I received in my confirmation email, hence my concern about timing. I was hoping to hear from someone who had used the service recently that might be able to let me know if I could expect to meet the representative shortly after we checked in or if it would possibly take a long time. Oh well, I guess we will find out that day!

I have used ABBF multiple times. Most recently May 2015. Indeed they are not able to leave equipment with Bell Services anymore. We actually found that we got our items faster by completing a meet-up with the ABBF representative than we did previously when we had to wait for Bell Services to bring them up. We coordinated the time by text, and they came exactly when they said they would arrive. Very smooth process. No complaints here. Will definitely use them again.

Just wanted to update this for anyone who might find it with a search in the future. Since we did online check-in and had magic bands, we received our room number at ASMu via text once we had arrived at the Orlando Airport. Since I had that, once we were on the Magical Express and pulling up to ASSp (the stop before ASMu), I texted A Baby's Best Friend to let them know we would be at our room shortly. They replied promptly that they would have our items in 30 minutes, and that we wanted, they could just bring them directly to our room, which we did, so they did. It was super easy and fast and I was very pleased. Same thing on our departure, I texted them the night before with a time that we would have the items we'd rented sitting outside our room, and they came and picked them up promptly. We never had to wait for anyone. I highly recommend this service and we will definitely be using them again on our next trip to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter