• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Experiences Flying With SouthWest?

2princes2princess - I am not working on 5/4 morning. I have the evening shift or else I would work on getting you direct to Ocala florida. Hope your flight goes well.

Jordan

Jordan-Thanks! We come back in the evening on 5/11 if you are there. :)

We really appreciate everyone who works at Buffalo Airport. We have some terrible weather here and you all keep things running smoothly and get flights in and out quickly and safely!!! So thank you. :goodvibes

Goofygirl: Flat STANLEY. It was driving me crazy that I could not remember.

I've used SW ouf of BUF many many times both to MCO and Baltimore and Vegas. I have never had a problem- Ive also seen the roses and poker, also people singing tthe mouseketeer song to get to the front. Now with the new boarding its nice to sit and relax until your # is called.
I have 2 kids 10 and 13 so I make sure to log on 24 hrs in advance to get As or Bs. Never been split up with Bs .
We are leaving for MCO on Wed night on SW- can't beat the non stop!
My best SW story was on a business trip returning to BUFfrom BWI
I was sitting at the gate and the gate agent comes on- says there's a bulb that needed a changing on the landing lights. Since the BUF flight was to leave 30 min before the SW flight going Va at hte next gate, they did a gate and crew swap- they moved the BUf passengers over to the other gate- boarded us and we left while they changed the bulb for the other later flight!
doubt very much that would happen with another airline.......
I LOVE SW always have had a great crew-including the attendant that sings- they have never lost my luggage( USAIR 3 out of 3 times I flew them)

I fly SWA (does that sound familiar?) several times a year. And apart from the old cattle call boarding process (the new one has improved significantly), I've always enjoyed my flights. They've gone out of their way to accommodate me when I was stuck in a meeting and missed my flight, when my connecting flights failed to connect and three or four other times when things just didn't work properly.

I've also been stuck at an airport for six hours--once--when our flight was "delayed" for mechanical problems. They did their best to accommodate those with medical conditions, elderly or very young children on other flights. The rest of us stuck waiting for a plane weren't happy--particularly with the typical airline lack of communication--but we were pleased that those who really needed help received assistance. That's been my only negatiave experience with them in 15+ years. :)

I would book southwest without hesitation... also looking at your post looks like you have a young child. Travelers with young children get to board first.

Last year we took my brother and his two kids down via Southwest. My brother took his son on the plane, and my wife and I took his daughter on the plane and got the seats we wanted.

I would book southwest without hesitation... also looking at your post looks like you have a young child. Travelers with young children get to board first.

Last year we took my brother and his two kids down via Southwest. My brother took his son on the plane, and my wife and I took his daughter on the plane and got the seats we wanted.

Please read previous posts regarding Southwest's new boarding procedure which was implemented in last November.

Families with young children do not board first.

I called and was told we would be able to board first but do I still have to check in to get seats as close to 24 hours as possible? DS is listed as needing the front seats if possible?? Anyone? I think I will also post over the disabilities board.

Thanks everyone for all your input on SWA. It sounds like they have a really great staff that honestly try to help everyone out. I was a little leary given the low cost fares but from what I understand that really has no bearing.

I've flown with Air Canada, the last time was in a smaller plane with the air conditioning non functional. That was great with a little boy turning green and a flight attendant that really didn't care too much. I've also flown US Airways. Wow never again. I've also flown American and they have been my best so far.

With flying SWA at $164 each, a direct flight to MCO, great flight times, and with everything that you've said I cannot understand why I would consider flying Air Canada out of YYZ for $2500 (for the 4 of us).

Andy

I called and was told we would be able to board first but do I still have to check in to get seats as close to 24 hours as possible? DS is listed as needing the front seats if possible?? Anyone? I think I will also post over the disabilities board.

If you need assistance with boarding (ie need a front seat) and you have marked it on your reservations with Southwest - you need to go to the check in desk and get a preboarding sleeve (its a blue sleeve) then be sure to let the gate agent know you are there. It is a simple process and really only takes a few minutes. I would print your boarding passes at home but don't worry about getting the A pass - save those for someone else.

HTH

I absolutely LOVE Southwest! We have rarely had issues when flying with them. Since our kids are little....before this new boarding system....we always pre-boarded. Even with the new system though, it will work out fine, as I am very good about checking in online 24 hours prior to our flight.

I have always found the flight staff to be fun, they do a good job with the kids. The plane is usually stocked with kid packets with colored pencil and coloring/activity book, they give out luggage tags and wings...stuff like that. You usually have to ask, so remember that they have that stuff.

I wouldn't worry about your flight at all. Have a great trip!

I would still do this, just in case, but I am sure you will be just fine!

I love southwest airlines. Both times we flew we left right on time got to disney early. The flight attendants are great and very friendly. The ticket counter people were very nice also. Hope you enjoy your flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter