Experiences booking military packages and/or tickets

Soldier's*Sweeties

DIS Veteran
Can anyone share their experiences booking military packages?
Blackout dates? Prices? Availability?

I know you can book through MWR offices, but there is not one close to me. Can you call and book?

If we were to just go for tickets can you purchase them onsite or only from the approved offices?

TIA!

Hi SS! I am retired Air Force and currently working on a Navy base. I have used the local ITT office ("Information, Tckets, and Tours"), and have generally been able to get nice discounts. I have not had issues with blackout dates, but I always try to avoid busy periods anyway! Availability has always been good
I have never tried to purchase from them online or over the phone. You might try going through this link:
http://www.militaryonesource.mil/mwr and locate an ITT office near you. They should be able to send you a price list, then maybe you can order over the phone. You will probably need to scan and send or fax a copy of your ID or LES.

If you or your spouse are active duty or an active drilling Guard or Reservist, definitely look into the awesome deal with Sea World and Busch Gardens:
http://wavesofhonor.com/
You can reserve those tickets directly online.

I just call the hotel and ask for the military discount. I've also called Universal to book a package with a military discount, but I found booking the hotel and buying the tickets separately was better terms (packages have a fee to change, I've never had a fee changing a room only) and tickets were sometimes cheaper at the ITT and sometimes from an authorized seller, like Undercover tourist. I don't remember black out dates, but I do remember not getting a military discount over the holidays and some other busy time of year.

We have Uni APs now, so I haven't bought tickets in a couple of years.

I saved about $400 by calling Universal and asking for military Discount. They reduced ticket price and resort price. My advice is to know the cost using ITR/mwr first. Then call so you know if you are getting a deal.

We just booked a military package! Found the package by looking on the Universal website, then we called to ask the rate as we were a military family. We purchased a 3 park unlimited ticket staying at Cabana Bay. This is for a 7 day/6night stay with unlimited access to UO/IOA and Wet & Wild water park. This is for a family of four and the cost was around $1490.00. Before the military discount the cost was closer to $1600.00. This deal was much cheaper than the other resorts and the three day military tickets. Not having express pass wasn't a big deal for us. We would rather use that money elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter