Experienced Ebayers

Microcell

DIS Veteran
I am wondering what to do to make the most money, I have 30 pieces of clothes all the same size, and I can't decide if I could make more money breaking it up or selling altogether? I get varying info from looking at auctions, but I can't decide which way looks better. I don't mind shipping a bunch if it will enable me to buy DD and DS more for this school year.

What do those of you think who have more experience than me!

My opinion -

Split them up a little bit. If it were me shopping for DD, I may want a couple of outfits for school, play, etc... and may not bid if it's a real big quantity or price. I may not need that many outfits.

Again, it's just my opinion. I sell & buy on ebay but there are others out there who are more of an expert than myself.

I would still sell in lots, but smaller lots. I don't think most people would need an entire wardrobe, maybe just a few pieces at a time. I also would suggest trying to match a much as you can into outfits. JMO.

You might try breaking them into smaller categories like:
Size 6 dressy clothes lot
Size 6 play clothes lot
Size 6 pajamas lot
Size 6 winter clothing lot

. . . or whatever you have! Each category might have a few items or several matching outfits. Good luck! :)

I would consider groups or matching outfits as well. The only things that sell well for me by the piece are designer labels. Gymboree for kids. All the others I group. I haven't done especially well with clothes all summer. Hopefully with school starting....I have tons of new with tag stuff to sell. When does everyone list school clothes? Halloween costumes and Winter coats?

Certain brands will always sell well. Sell those as individual outfits, and put the rest in related lots (all the same size, of course). What brands do you have?

I would say it depends on the size of the clothing and the brands as well. If the clothes are larger than, say, a size 4, I would group them into a couple of mix/match type of outfits and sell them that way. If they are smaller, lots seem to do well.

If they are lesser brands (like WalMart, Kmart, Target, Sears, Penneys) then I would definitely sell them in a lot. I (going against my advice here) recently sold a lot of size 6 boy's clothing (26 pieces) and it went for $157.00!! Since everything was not a designer name it did better having a larger group of items.

If you have boutique/designer names or full outfits from a Gymboree or Gap line, I would sell those separate (after checking eBay completed auctions to see what they are going for) and make sure you are selling all the girl's same-sized clothing at the same time.

The one good thing about lots is that is saves on listing fees. I would also recommend some good pictures, even if you are selling it as a lot, so people can see what the individual pieces/outfits look like.

A great resource is the eBay discussion board called "Children's Clothing Boutique", they really have some great info there! :)

So much information!

It loosk like the prevailing trend is toward smaller lots, but the appeal of larger amount with big lots is so appealing!

I have mostly Childrens place, some Old Navy, Limited Too and One Gymboree otherwise it is Walmart brand and some Kohls.

ceecee said:
I would consider groups or matching outfits as well. The only things that sell well for me by the piece are designer labels. Gymboree for kids. All the others I group. I haven't done especially well with clothes all summer. Hopefully with school starting....I have tons of new with tag stuff to sell. When does everyone list school clothes? Halloween costumes and Winter coats?

If you have school clothes, get them on there now, my auction did great last week with all BTS clothing. I've heard that Halloween costumes are starting to sell pretty well. I'm waiting until early Oct to list my winter items though.

I look at it this way...if I have 6 pieces , and I sell them one by one, then I am paying 6 listing fees, 6 final value fees, and 6 paypal fees. If I sell them in a lot (assuming they go together well in a group), then I'm only paying one listing fee, one fvf and one paypal fee.

They are also easier to package up and label.

The only time I sell by the piece is if it's something very desirable....I just sold a used Rescue Heroes hoodie sweatshirt for $18.50!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter