Experience with Making ADR's for Larger Group

momtotwo

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney the second week in December and while I have Christmas Party tickets lined up, I am getting concerned about making ADR's for 7 adults and a child. I usually have only made ADR's for up to four people, so the thought of making them of 7 adults and a child makes me nervous as to availability. Are there issues with reservations at BOG where they make it difficult to book this size group or any other restaurant? The ADR's I am hoping to get are BOG for dinner and lunch (not the same day), Skipper Canteen for lunch, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Yak & Yeti, Tusker House and Crystal Palace for a character breakfast. Thanks.

I got lucky the other day and found a breakfast for a party of 9 at BOG. I was able to book it through the website with no problems.

We were a group of 11 over the New Year. We made our resies right at the 180 day mark and had little to no problems. (BOG lunch, Spirit of Aloha, Chef Mickey dinner - the rest we split up because we all wanted different restaurants) Now, we may have had to compromise on time, but we did it. We are traveling again as a group of 7 through the Fourth of July and were able to snag BOG(dinner) O'Hana(dinner) without issue right at the 180 mark. We had to break our group into 3 & 4 to get Yak and Yeti - our resies were within 5 minutes of one another. They told us to tell the podium that we were together and they would seat us near one another. I assume they don't have table tops that accommodate that many, but I'm not sure.

Don't worry - it'll work out. We're still "tweeking" our resies and we're under 50 days!

I made our ADRs and we are a group of 7. I booked at 6am 180 days out. I was able to get CRT breakfast and BoG dinner. Not 100% the times I wanted but was happy to get them. I didn't realize BOG dinner was harder to get than CRT so I should have tried for that first (but still was able to snag a really early dinner time). Got everything else we wanted including O'hana (dinner) and bon voyage breakfast.

We were a group of 11 over the New Year. We made our resies right at the 180 day mark and had little to no problems. (BOG lunch, Spirit of Aloha, Chef Mickey dinner - the rest we split up because we all wanted different restaurants) Now, we may have had to compromise on time, but we did it. We are traveling again as a group of 7 through the Fourth of July and were able to snag BOG(dinner) O'Hana(dinner) without issue right at the 180 mark. We had to break our group into 3 & 4 to get Yak and Yeti - our resies were within 5 minutes of one another. They told us to tell the podium that we were together and they would seat us near one another. I assume they don't have table tops that accommodate that many, but I'm not sure.

Don't worry - it'll work out. We're still "tweeking" our resies and we're under 50 days!
When you say you had to break your group into 3 & 4, how would you do that on MDE? I only have my one MDE to make reservations from and if I already have a reservation for 3 at say Yak & Yeti, wouldn't it reject me trying to make another reservation from the same MDE for more or less the same time for 4 people?

I booked one for the 3 in our group, and the "lead" for the group we are traveling with booked their 4 for the same time, or within 5 minutes of ours.

I'm traveling with a party of 7 and we have local family who will meet us as well so at times a party size into the teens. I had no issues getting reservations at BOG, Ohana, etc. I DID have an issue getting a table for a party of 7 at Skipper's no matter what day or time I tried. I could get a table of 6, 2 tables of 4, or a table of 3 & 4. So I booked a table of 3 & 4 for the same time. Very easy to do. If you're doing it online you assign people so no issues having a double reservation since no one is doubled. If you book via the app you make yourself the lead on one reservation & someone else the lead on the other reservation.

14 for BOG lunch three days before Easter! Can you believe it? We had to call in December for that one.

Group of 7 adults July 1-6. No problems getting almost exactly what I wanted. Tinkered with it a few times without any difficulty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter