Experience with Dreams Unlimited?

I just sent in a request for a quote. I have a question for anyone with any experience.....

When I did my quote on the DCL site, I didn't see extra charges for the ground transfers. DU had the $70/per person charge that I also had to pay in the past when I booked through DVC MS. If you book through DCL, do they not charge the fee? Or, do they leave the charge as a surprise for when I would actually be paying?

They disney website doesn't automatically add the transfers you have to choose that option if you want them included. If you don't choose the option then you don' thave any ground transfers included

Does DU assign you a specific travel agent? If so, when does that happen? I just booked by first cruise, and had it transferred to DU for the OBC. I received the confirmation email that it was successfully transferred, but I don't think I have a specific TA. Is this normal?
When I filled out the info to switch my reservation I requested Kelsie based on the good feedback on these boards. I dealt with Tammy to transfer my reservation and when the email about successfully transferring came through it said that my reservation was transfered to the team.

I thought that it was strange so I emailed the address in that email and asked who was looking after my reservation mainly because we wanted to change the reservation to a different cruise.

Kelsie responded stating, (very quickly with all the changes made), Tammy was in charge of transferring and Kelsie was my agent.

I would email the address in the confirmation email and just ask who is looking after your reservation

And I prefer email contact as well...seems quicker than the endless "please enter the ext number of the person you would like to reach" and "leave a message" route.

This would depend on the type of TA you choose to work w/. Our TA has a 1800# that is direct to her.

My family has been using DU since 2000 for both WDW and DCL vacations. We have never had any issues with email or credit cards. Any of the agents we have used have been great! Our first vacation (WDW) had to be cancelled twice (1x that morning) because my nephew was ill, and DU could not have been more helpfull with changing hotel and food reservations including the hard to get ones. Our party of 18 is using themn for Alaska this summer and so far so good!

Thanks, John. I will email you directly. Mine and My DS's reservations are identical in every way, except for the names on the reservations, including the exact cost of the cruise, to the penny. I was hoping you'd post here because I've seen you step in before, when there was a question with DU.

I will email you with all of the specifics of our bookings. Thanks.

I wanted to come back to this thread to say that John replied to my emails today fairly quickly, and answered the questions that I had, and explained what happened last week.

I've been a member of the DIS boards for 10 years and now have over 15,000 posts, so I feel very good about giving the business to a company who sponsors this web site. Bottom line is, though, that if I didn't feel confident in the service, no amount of OBC would be worth it, and I wouldn't procede with transferring my booking to them.

After a few emails back and forth with John, I now feel much more confident about using DU, so tomorrow DH and I, and DS and his DGF, will transfer our reservations to DU. :surfweb:

We used a different company, received the same OBC that DU would have given us if we had switched our reservation to them, and was able to speak to the person. I like having the option to email OR call my agent and receive a response right away.

I attempted to get a quote from them for the Pacific cruise in Sept. 2012. Now, I understand that I asked for a quiote when the bookings had just come out so I'm sure they were super busy, but I didn't hear back from them in a timely fashion, and was able to book with a different agent the next day, after sending a email and almost immediately receiving a call back.

We have three DCL itineraries booked through DU and been extremely happy with the service. I've worked with both Kelsie and Tammy and they have been very helpful and informative - and very patient as I change stateroom categories and ask repeated questions. They have always responded promptly, and deposits and interim payments have been processed very quickly. I'm a very satisfied DU customer!:goodvibes

I had trouble initially with the repositioning cruise in Sept 2012 (the cruise wasn't even on their site), but with a little patience, I was able to get my cruise transferred!

Have always had really GREAT service from DU. Always fast replies to my inquiries. Had a problem with ABD flights, and I didn't even know about it until after the fact because my agent fixed it before I even knew about it. That to me is outstanding

They just got me exactly what I want with a $100 OBC vs. same price at DCL for OBC of only $25.

We use Beth Fejer at DU and I highly recommend her. She is fabulous. I prefer e-mail, so I don't mind not being able to call her. She is always extremely timely and quick with replying to e-mails and she is very precise. We got Beth randomly assigned to us when we booked our cruise for Aug 2010, and then have named her as our TA for each cruise we have re-booked (which is 4, 1 taken, 3 more to sail on!).

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Nothing but positives here from DU.. within 24 hours of emailing them I had my category changed. Great service.

I like the agency....but...one time...they got really cheapy with me and only wanted to give me a $25 credit instead of a $50 credit....I did not transfer that reservation....the reason for the cheapness is that DCL does not give them as much commission on transfers as before....but I feel like it should all average out so they should quote the same onboard credit for everyone so they keep the business and the loyalty....especially when they were only offering $50 to begin with!

I got a quote for transfering my ressie for $150, do I still get to keep the $25 for booking on dcl site as well???? thanks....still thinking about transfering

My experiences with DU have been wonderful. I first used them for out honeymoon. Kathy Miller took care of all of the reservations, transfers, and anythgin else I needed. The trip that kept me with them was the next one. There was a terrible storm herein Milwaukee and they knew it was coming so the airlines offered to let us change flights for no fee. However this got us into Orlando a day early. It was a weekend and Christmas weekend at that. I called the emergency number. The agent who helped me said she could get me a room at one of the resorts but it would be a lot less expensive to stay at the Hyatt at the airport for one night. She couldn't book that but gave me all of the information and by the time I called they were ready and all they needed was my credit card and had my room ready. Took away a lot of the stress that had been building up to that point.

We booked both our trip for this summer and for next year with DU, and been very happy. Kelsie has always replied to my questions promptly, and John was really helpful when I was having trouble with the Client Services website (which was due to my mistake, not theirs!) Would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Just got a response from Kelsie saying that my reservation is part of the ‘Cruise Concierge Team’ but she would be responding as part of that team. Very confusing, but I'm a long way away from my cruise so I guess it doesn't matter right now!

I got a quote for transfering my ressie for $150, do I still get to keep the $25 for booking on dcl site as well???? thanks....still thinking about transfering

i'm wondering the same thing, but thinking "no":sad2: due to change in policy..i could be wrong!

Lisa

I got both credits when we sailed in Feb and it shows both credits for our upcoming cruises too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter