• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Experience with A Timeshare Brokers, Inc.

SWB

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Does anyone have any recent experience with A Timeshare Brokers, Inc.? I have searched and couldn't find any postings about using them in the last several years. I have contacted The Timeshare Store and let them know what I am looking for, and I would like to expand my search with another resale broker but only with one who comes recommended.

Thanks,
Steve

I've heard of the company, and there have been a handful of posts about them over the years. I don't remember anything negative, but it has been a while since anyone has posted.

used them two years ago to purchase our DVC (100 pts) contract... The whole process went very smoothly with the normal waiting periods for signing of contracts, waiting on ROFR, etc.

However, since that time the two individuals that were specialized in DVC, Grandman Jaki and ****, have started their own website which is 'affiliated' with A Timeshare Broker, Inc.

Since they split, I haven't really heard of many people using either site to purchase DVC.

This may be partly due to the fact that the boards are sponsored by The Timeshare Store and posts related to other DVC resale websites don't seem to stay on the boards very long. It might just be my imagination, but I'll be keeping my eye on this post...

I should mention that I have heard nothing but good things about The Timeshare Store. When we catch addonitis we will need to seriously consider Jaki vs. The Timeshare Store...

Hope that helps somewhat,
Scott

I know people who have used them recently with no problems. We used GMAC and in spite of what others may say, our experience has been awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Given this, I wouldn't hesitate to use any of the listed resellers if they had the contract that I wanted.

This may be partly due to the fact that the boards are sponsored by The Timeshare Store and posts related to other DVC resale websites don't seem to stay on the boards very long. It might just be my imagination, but I'll be keeping my eye on this post...

The Timeshare Store has no influence over discussion of other resale brokers and any suggestion that this is the case is completely incorrect. There are many threads on this very board right now discussing other resale companies, including A Timeshare Broker. Here are a couple of examples just from the past 7 days - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1798998
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1795613 .

As long as the discussion falls short of blatant promotion for any business, the DIS DVC Boards welcome such discussion. If a business wants to promote itself using the DIS, they are welcome to contact the owner of the site for information about becoming an advertising sponsor - which is exactly what The Timeshare Store has done.

I also bought from a timeshare broker 4 years ago worked with Jaki. Everything ended up fine, had a couple of closing problems (I forgot the re: on the closing check and it took about a week longer than anticipated to get to the right person). I would deal with Jaki again if I wanted to add on.

Like Webmaster Doc said, I only see 1 resale broker that gets starred out. I don't know who they are or why they got censored but it's not A timeshre broker.

I know I'm new to the boards but censoring certain timeshare companies and letting others thru makes me suspicious that one needs to pay $ to get thru on here. If im wrong can someone explain why its done this way? Timeshares only has DVC listings but nobody mentions them. Has anyone bought or sold thru them?

I know I'm new to the boards but censoring certain timeshare companies and letting others thru makes me suspicious that one needs to pay $ to get thru on here. If im wrong can someone explain why its done this way? Timeshares only has DVC listings but nobody mentions them. Has anyone bought or sold thru them?

You might want to read what I posted above about resale brokers on this site.
You are definitely wrong and I don't understand what you want to have explained. No one needs to pay anything to be able to post on this site. If you want to advertise on the site, then that is a very different issue and you would need to contact the owner of the site, but resale brokers may be mentioned as already indicated in this very thread.

I have never seen anyone comment about purchasing thru Timeshares Only, but the name can certainly be mentioned on the DIS.

I can heartily recommend The Timeshare Store. I have used them for two purchases and two sales, both DVC and MVCI. I selected them after due diligence confirmed the comments I had received on the DIS. I researched the broker's license and did a BBB search. Both are clean and in the timeshare industry that is a rarity.

My experience with GMAC was on an inquiry regarding an interesting contracted they had listed. Repeated efforts by phone and email produced no response. That was three or so years ago.

Interesting. When I was looking for a contact, I called the TTS and was not impressed. It felt like a brush off. He tried to discourage me from HHI and then said I will add you to my list. End of discussion. Maybe because I was looking for a small contract. The other 2 talked with me at length and looked thru their listings. I am also hearing from people who have bought thru them that they are being told that TTS is slow on their paperwork. Guess I am a minority here. I've not been impressed. I'm sure there are stories about them all.

Thank you for your response Doc, I understand the concept of advertising on this site perhaps you didnt understand my question allow me to clarify. I was just wondering why certain timeshare companies are blocked out with a bunch of these ******* what happened to get them blocked?

Thank you for your response Doc, I understand the concept of advertising on this site perhaps you didnt understand my question allow me to clarify. I was just wondering why certain timeshare companies are blocked out with a bunch of these ******* what happened to get them blocked?

I don't know of any that are blocked out at this time and I've already provided two other recent threads which include the names of other resale brokers - none of which were blocked. Please enlighten me what broker you are talking about.

There are certain words, phrases and names included in the site word filter for a variety of reasons which would be replaced with asteriks if posted, but to my knowledge there are no resale brokers in the filter at this time.

Hello,

Does anyone have any recent experience with A Timeshare Brokers, Inc.? I have searched and couldn't find any postings about using them in the last several years. I have contacted The Timeshare Store and let them know what I am looking for, and I would like to expand my search with another resale broker but only with one who comes recommended.

Thanks,
Steve

Hey Steve, I've never dealt with a resale, but I've seen many of Tom Yeary's posts on these boards. I would bet with confidence that if you PM'd this very question to him that he would give you names of other reputable resellers and would give you honest opinions.

I am currently in the process of buying a second contract from TTS.

I would liken the experience to getting a vaccine. I know it's going to be painful, but in the long run, it's good for my pocketbook so I'll suck it up and go this route.

I got a great contract, with all 07 points up and saved about 11 per point using TTS.

However, I think communication over there is sorely lacking. I know of many disboard members who have been very frustrated about this lately. It's sad to say, but as I told my DVC friends " I'm not really looking forward to the process again, but this time, I'm just not expecting much ( as far as service ) and that way I won't be disappointed",

In the long run, I'll have the points and the contract I wanted. So in the end it works out. However, in recent history, I don't think you'd find all the glowing recommendations you saw in the past.

I don't know of any that are blocked out at this time and I've already provided two other recent threads which include the names of other resale brokers - none of which were blocked. Please enlighten me what broker you are talking about.

I don't know if this is the one 360joules is thinking of but the UK DVC board had the following thread where is name of the resale company was starred out.

The Timeshare Store has no influence over discussion of other resale brokers and any suggestion that this is the case is completely incorrect. There are many threads on this very board right now discussing other resale companies, including A Timeshare Broker. Here are a couple of examples just from the past 7 days - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1798998
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1795613 .

As long as the discussion falls short of blatant promotion for any business, the DIS DVC Boards welcome such discussion. If a business wants to promote itself using the DIS, they are welcome to contact the owner of the site for information about becoming an advertising sponsor - which is exactly what The Timeshare Store has done.

Thanks for the links! Those really helped me out.

We did our first DVC contract with Jaki five years ago. She was great! We did our second contract through The Timeshare Store and that one went through easily too. However I'll say that Jaki was way more pro-active in calling and keeping us informed every step of the way which was really great for the first time through. :)

I bought a 270 pt contract with Jaki that had all points, including banked pts. and she was great! I tried to go thru TTS, but the agent brushed me off. They refused to write a contract offering less than the posted price. I went to Jaki, offered $3 less per pt, and had the contract in 3 weeks! I found Jaki to be a delight to work with. I have bought 900 pts, none thru TTS because they have brushed me off every time, while Jaki called or emailed where the contract was at each step of the process.:)

Cruelladeville, I was glad to read your post. I thought I was the only one on these boards that had gotten the brush off from TTS and wasn't impressed with their customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter